90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Reasons why MW2 DID NOT win or even deserve to win GOTY

66 Replies 1,205 Views Created 01-01-2010
First off I will tell you that this thread is bound to upset and cause anger among the COD fanboys I make no apoligies if this thread offends you just remember you clicked on this thread so the blame for you taking offence is purely self inflicted , what is listed below are genuine reasons that could of contributed to MW2 not winning and not deserving GOTY. 1. Uncharted 2 is a far superior game and is more enjoyable than yet another fps. 2. The amount of patches that this game has needed has to be a world record in itself I can't remember any game requiring so many patches since its release. 3. MW2 is NOT as innovative or as revolutionary as COD4 was, MW2 as "good" as it is, is COD4 with new marps, new guns & bells & whistles added oh and strawberry jam too. 4. conspiracy theory: All the anti-activison & PC guys voted for uncharted 2 to stick it to Infinty Ward, but lets be sensible this didn't happen. 5. All non COD fanboys can see why uncharted 2 is a far superior game but they are still blinded by strawberry jam to see what everyone else sees
LABELS:
Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HardLuck-ImElite
Accepted Solution
Well it doesn't really offend me teh-gamer. It's your opinion. 1. Your view is that another game is more enjoyable and superior in your sad little world. 2. I can think of a few, wow. It's not that hard to download updates, you do it on your computer/laptop. 3. MW2 has built on the foundation of COD4 and shouldn't be knocked for that. Playing COD4 feels dated now. It is innovative in its customisation and graphics. 4. Not surprised you meddle in conspiracies. 5. Not a reason.

You're pretty lame tbh.

Re: Reasons why MW2 DID NOT win or even deserve to win GOTY

/16

ZOMB13-R4NG3R

80%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZOMB13-R4NG3R
Accepted Solution
MW2 gets my vote for BRGOTY (bug ridden game of the year)...
0 Kudos

All this will be lost in time... like tears in rain...Photobucket
/16

Hentis

88%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hentis
Accepted Solution

1. Uncharted 2 is a far superior game and is more enjoyable than yet another fps.

Uncharted 2 for me personally was an awe inspiring game. Graphically very good , great gameplay and lastability. But to me Online I just dont like it.  But thats just my opinion. I know of loads of ther friends that do like it.  

2. The amount of patches that this game has needed has to be a world record in itself I can't remember any game requiring so many patches since its release.

I have to agree on this and Iam speechless that they have let this happen. Perhaps it was Activisions decision not to allow outside Beta testing?

3. MW2 is NOT as innovative or as revolutionary as COD4 was, MW2 as "good" as it is, is COD4 with new marps, new guns & bells & whistles added oh and strawberry jam too.

That is really your own opinion  Anything sequeling a previously released title is going to be accused of being the same but a differnt name. For example when and eventually GT5 is released you will hear people moaning about how its the same as the GT5 prologue from 2008. but what these people do not see is the amount of work that has gone into make the product m uch better than its previous version. Some companies dont do this, but others have.

COD 4 MW was a ground breaking game as no other game had  the online ranking through XP.  Now if you look you will see nearly all online games have it.  MW2 is just one of these games but  they have had to go better on it. Which I personally dont think they have managed to do but they nearly got it. Dont get me wrong I love MW 2  but I really think alot more could have been done on the statside of things at the end of the game as well as like in W@W you have dismemberment.  As in MW 1 Dismemberment still does not happen in MW2 why not?  It happens in real life so why not in MW2? 

Could we see it in MW 3 , listed as a new innovation?  Come on IW if Treyach can do it so can you.

4. conspiracy theory: All the anti-activison & PC guys voted for uncharted 2 to stick it to Infinty Ward, but lets be sensible this didn't happen.

Dont know nothing about this but I do know that in the credits for Uncharted 2 they did indeed give kudo's to Infinity Ward for inspireing them.

5. All non COD fanboys can see why uncharted 2 is a far superior game but they are still blinded by strawberry jam to see what everyone else sees.

Opinions are like arseholes, Everyones got one.  Personally Ihave both Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2. I lenjoy them both, have completed both of them several times but I couldnt give a monkey's left testicle on which one gets game of the year award.   It doesnt affect me from enjoying or playing both games.

However it must affect you that much that you have to vent spleen over it.  Geez get a life somewhat.

Hentis

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

JmRssll555

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JmRssll555
Accepted Solution
Well, in my opinion, either Uncharted or MW2 would have been worthy winners of GOTY. I have them both and enjoyed playing them both, they were both good games and to be honest, I don't care which game is given recognition as being the best as all that matters is that I've enjoyed it. It's all opinions anyway, is it not?

:)
0 Kudos

PS3 owner and FIFA fan. Formerly active member of the FIFA community on these forums. On the hunt for a PS4 just now!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel