Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Reasons why MW2 DID NOT win or even deserve to win GOTY

teh-gamer wrote:
Lol again with the troll posts and now the oh so highly mature troll spray you are the community I speak of that "ruin" this game because you don't like people having there own opinion on why a high profile selling game like MW2 didn't win nor did it deserve to win.

How can a community (not even fully representative of all CoD gamers) ruin either the game or your experience of the game purely on your perception of their lack of debating ability? Do you even know what you're arguing?

You posted what you posted purely to get a negative reaction, hence the trolling comments. If you were the least bit interested in any sort of debate you'd address some of the genuine points raised. Instead you've spent more time defending the troll comments.

If you're struggling here's a helping hand, try to answer this in the mature way; it's the first post I found that gave you a chance to debate:

"Who cares about accolades? It doesn't make a game better or worse does it?"

There's also a host of other points put to you that you would've answered if you wanted to constructively contribute. You've just stayed around to stir things up further. They'd be little or no mention of Uncharted 2 if you really wanted to talk about CoD in this section.

The fact is, if I posted a similar worded post about the pluses of CoD over Uncharted, for example, the popularity of it's multiplayer, I'd get the same reactions, especially if I ignored the genuine points raised.  It would be no reflection on the Uncharted community, just those who decided to bite the bait, the same as it is here.

sigpic
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 67 (267 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

1. Uncharted 2 is a far superior game and is more enjoyable than yet another fps.

Uncharted 2 for me personally was an awe inspiring game. Graphically very good , great gameplay and lastability. But to me Online I just dont like it.  But thats just my opinion. I know of loads of ther friends that do like it.  

2. The amount of patches that this game has needed has to be a world record in itself I can't remember any game requiring so many patches since its release.

I have to agree on this and Iam speechless that they have let this happen. Perhaps it was Activisions decision not to allow outside Beta testing?

3. MW2 is NOT as innovative or as revolutionary as COD4 was, MW2 as "good" as it is, is COD4 with new marps, new guns & bells & whistles added oh and strawberry jam too.

That is really your own opinion  Anything sequeling a previously released title is going to be accused of being the same but a differnt name. For example when and eventually GT5 is released you will hear people moaning about how its the same as the GT5 prologue from 2008. but what these people do not see is the amount of work that has gone into make the product m uch better than its previous version. Some companies dont do this, but others have.

COD 4 MW was a ground breaking game as no other game had  the online ranking through XP.  Now if you look you will see nearly all online games have it.  MW2 is just one of these games but  they have had to go better on it. Which I personally dont think they have managed to do but they nearly got it. Dont get me wrong I love MW 2  but I really think alot more could have been done on the statside of things at the end of the game as well as like in W@W you have dismemberment.  As in MW 1 Dismemberment still does not happen in MW2 why not?  It happens in real life so why not in MW2? 

Could we see it in MW 3 , listed as a new innovation?  Come on IW if Treyach can do it so can you.

4. conspiracy theory: All the anti-activison & PC guys voted for uncharted 2 to stick it to Infinty Ward, but lets be sensible this didn't happen.

Dont know nothing about this but I do know that in the credits for Uncharted 2 they did indeed give kudo's to Infinity Ward for inspireing them.

5. All non COD fanboys can see why uncharted 2 is a far superior game but they are still blinded by strawberry jam to see what everyone else sees.

Opinions are like arseholes, Everyones got one.  Personally Ihave both Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2. I lenjoy them both, have completed both of them several times but I couldnt give a monkey's left testicle on which one gets game of the year award.   It doesnt affect me from enjoying or playing both games.

However it must affect you that much that you have to vent spleen over it.  Geez get a life somewhat.

Hentis

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 67 (252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

DiscoDa wrote:

I think we have a contender for 'most trolling thread of 2010' already! (even if the OP tries to claim it's not!)

Btw, Uncharted 2 is just Uncharted 1 with better graphics, no new ideas, a complete joke of an end of game boss, it needed patching a few times soon after release, you get stuck in the maps, and most people are bored of the online already! :smileytongue:

Sorry ....but ^ this ^.... the multiplayer in Uncharted is ok, but that's it... the same weapons all spawn in the same place.... once people get to a certain level they all pretty much use the same booster setup. The story and single player is great, but between bad hit detection and lag, the online is annoying as hell.

And I don't remember there being an under-the-map exploit on MW2.....well not yet anyway

SPLITTERS!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 67 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Makkendaali wrote:

Im glad this game didnt win darn near anything, multiplayer wise its the most unbalanced thing ever, single player wise its comparable to ODST in length and possibly the least immersive experience imaginable.

I dont agree with all the U2 awards though, I think the GOTY awards should have gone to Killzone 2

Go Killzone 2! I can understand why people like Mw2 so much, I mean you gotta agree the multiplayer is addictive :smileyhappy: , I love U2 too, however I don't like U2's multiplayer. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 deserves GOTY in my opnion

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 67 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Ok I will answer this question in the best posible way the question is "Who cares about accolades? It doesn't make a game better or worse does it?"

Correct it doesn't make any game superior when you put it into that context, but  my point is that lets say  MW2 had of won GOTY, every other game would be inferior for the same fact, that it didn't win GOTY and the COD fanboys would be rubbing it in everyones faces like it means something.

In my opinion allocades mean something but only to the people who deserve it for example Naughty Dog, Infinty Ward (COD4), it helps boost morale and keeps spirits high that they have achieved a prestigious award even against stiff competion, which again helps morale which is good for developers who work very hard to make the game as enjoyable and awesome as possible, which both Uncharted and MW2 are, yes surprised I think MW2 is awesome but I am pointing out why didn't win yes it has involved troll comments but I expected this tbh but hopefully we can move on and actually debate it out.    

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 67 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

2. The amount of patches that this game has needed has to be a world record in itself I can't remember any game requiring so many patches since its release.

Actually the patching of bugs and exploits has been much quicker in MW2, as has the communication from IW to the players.... the patches for MW have also been significantly small in size, compared to some games that have a 1.01 patch weighing in at over 100Mb

So what would you rather have?  A smaller number of patches, and a bigger patch containing a large number of fixes, produced with a longer lead time between patches so that the people that abuse the game can do so for longer periods, or more frequent, issue-focused patches that are produced in a timely fashion? I know which one I'd prefer

You cannot use the quantity of patches as a yardstick to determine the bugginess or otherwise of a game.

With regards to the Tactical Insertion boost issue.... well, ultimately the TI is a useful addition to the game, it's usage needs to be change though.... so that it can't be placed in the same vicinity of your previous TI for a certain period of time....

SPLITTERS!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 67 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sorry if my troll spray offended you...which is Ironic TBH considering this topic!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 67 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

teh-gamer wrote:

Ok I will answer this question in the best posible way the question is "Who cares about accolades? It doesn't make a game better or worse does it?"

Correct it doesn't make any game superior when you put it into that context, but  my point is that lets say  MW2 had of won GOTY, every other game would be inferior for the same fact, that it didn't win GOTY and the COD fanboys would be rubbing it in everyones faces like it means something.

In my opinion allocades mean something but only to the people who deserve it for example Naughty Dog, Infinty Ward (COD4), it helps boost morale and keeps spirits high that they have achieved a prestigious award even against stiff competion, which again helps morale which is good for developers who work very hard to make the game as enjoyable and awesome as possible, which both Uncharted and MW2 are, yes surprised I think MW2 is awesome but I am pointing out why didn't win yes it has involved troll comments but I expected this tbh but hopefully we can move on and actually debate it out.    

When Uncharted 2 came out, I said on the OPF boards that it was a sure-fire winner for GOTY, in my opinion, although I honestly thought that MW2 may just nick it because of 2 reasons - Multiplatform, and quantity of Units sold.... after all Industries like awarding the industrious as measured through return on investment.... not because it would be a better game.

MW2 didn't win GOTY because it wasn't the revolution that COD4 was, irrespective of the critical mass of sales, which to me is a good thing and gives me hope that gaming isn't turning into the corporate spectacle that Bobby Kotick clearly envisions it to be.

I don't think MW2 ever was a sure-fire shoe-in for GOTY, even if Uncharted 2 had been horrendous, Batman: Arkham Asylum was always there for me as one of the best games produced this year.

But what worries me about this thread, is that most pro-COD people in this thread, don't actually care about whether MW2 got GOTY, but all the anti-COD people seem very content to point out every single flaw in the game and, to use your phrase, and the anti-COD fanboys are rubbing it in everyones faces like it means something.

SPLITTERS!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 67 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@Blarty: Please don't assume because I have the ability to see flaws even in a awesome game like MW2 that I am anti-COD which I can't be anti-COD cause if I was then why would I wait in a queue for 4 hours just to get a copy because yeah that soo sounds like a anti-COD fanboy to me too
Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 67 (213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well, read your OP & some of your comments.... do you think that there is a chance that people think you're anti-COD?

My issue is that no game is perfect, and it's all on your ability to 'make do as it is' with a game.

There are plenty of people who don't like COD, and the point that many people have is why you seem to be shouting off about Uncharted 2 in a COD forum....
I can't recall any threads complaining about MW2 not getting GOTY, so I'm just kind of confused at to what kind of response you wanted or expected in your OP
SPLITTERS!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 67 (208 Views)
0 Kudos