Call of Duty

Call of Duty

15 Apr 2010
By: Durzo__Blint Member 577 Posts
Level 4

TB Earforce PX21's

27 Replies 842 Views Created 15-04-2010

Hi all,

I've been playing MW2 now since the new year and am enjoying it immensely.  A big part of the fun is the podcasts, youtube vids, forums etc, etc.  I'm up to lvl70 but not ready to prestige yet as I want to get the best out of the unlocks I have already and, to be honest, I'm still pretty inconsistent.  Got my first 23-0 flawless on MTDM the other day though so that was nice ;-)

Anyway, just had a delivery of the PX21 headset from Turtle Beach and the stereo sound is simply astonishing.  So much so that it's almost like I have to learn to play the game again!  I'm finding that I'm almost overloaded with sounds now and it's having an impact on my game play.

Anyone else suffer from this "re-adjustment" when using headsets for the first time?  Another thing I'm struggling to work with is the stereo expander function - increases the long-range noises and decreases the middle sound noises.  I'm yet to decide whether it's better switched on or off......anyone advise their set up?

Cheers

Andy (Durzo__Blint)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (842 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: TB Earforce PX21's

Expander on = win. Youll just have to put up with the hissing during menus but you cant hear it in game

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (833 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i know what you mean, i used to have the older p21's and they were pretty good. i thought they were the best thing going, but how wrong i was :smileyvery-happy:

im currently using the astro a40 audio system and its not stereo, its 5.1 surround sound.

if you have the cash seriously give it a go. its the best thing i've ever tried

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Cheers chaps, I'm thinking that I play better with the expander on so thanks for that, I'll stick with it.

Couldn't afford the full 5.1 surround sound to be honest, not yet anyway, so plumped for the next best thing, as far as I could make out from my research anyway.

Don't get me wrong - the sound detail and stereo effect has a massive impact and is simply superb - it's this difference that has thrown me "off my stride" so to speak, lol, it's almost too good!

I'll just have to play more to get better :-)

Andy

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Well hello there and first of all let me congratulate you on your purchase... I can tell you already that this will be the best money you have ever spend towards gaming.
I got mine maybe a couple of months ago now, and I have to say it has made me so much better at the game... I just love the piece of kit to bits.

Completely understand where you coming from, concerning the adjustment to the headset... at first I was also overwhelmed by everything that was going on. It really makes you appreciate how much is actually going on at the same time.
But that is only a temporary set-back... a lot sooner rather than later you will get used to it and will just know what is happening around you.

Expander should be on.. I played without it at first, but on is definitely much better... and also NinjaPro is a very good perk. You won't hear your footsteps, so that will confuse you a bit less maybe too.

Enjoy the headset mate and let us know if you have any problems.
KillerKingKobe :smileywink:

TheCodZone.Com - A place for all the Call of Duty Fans!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (812 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Cheers KillerKingKobe, nice comments. I reckon you're right - shouldn't take me too long to get back to where I was. The depth and variety of sounds are simply astonishing - didn't realise so much was going on in the background before!

I tend to use Ninja Pro pretty much on all my classes - along with Cold Blooded Pro it's a fantastic combination for stealthy infiltration, lol....most of my weapons are silenced too.

Cheers chap, I think I'll be sending some invites out later on, I've got to start playing in a team rather than lone wolf I reckon. Feel free to add me anyone,

Ta muchly

Andy
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (808 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I was going to get those as well, but they are not available in this country yet.

So as impatient as i am i opted for the P21's and i have to say Search & Destroy is now a totally different game lol.

By the way, if you think they are good on MW2 then get yourself a copy of BFBC2 and listen to the sound difference. I kid you not sometimes on MW2 the sound gets distorted and breaks up but on BFBC2 the sound is outstanding and it really does feel like you're in a war. Don't forget to change the audio settings to war tapes on BFBC2 and prepare to have your head blown off, lol!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (805 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

lol, yeah BFBC2 is my "get next" game I reckon. I'm just so hooked on MW2 I haven't played anything else since I got the PS3 at Xmas!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (802 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Am thinking of getting a pair soon

Are the sounds really different compared to using a normal pair of sony headphones?

My Youtube Channel
www.youtube.com/50huz
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (785 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Here's a dilemma, when using headphones is it best to use Ninja Pro or SitRep Pro?

Ninja Pro cancels out your footsteps, so any footsteps you hear are anyone's but yours. However, many other people use Ninja Pro...especially in S&D.

SitRep Pro makes other people's footsteps louder by 25%...so this means you can hear people using Ninja Pro, however your own footsteps can smother the sound of other people.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (756 Views)
0 Kudos