02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Why no Irish flag in COD MW 2?????

[ Edited ]
84 Replies 1,058 Views edited 08-12-2009
My friends and I are from Ireland and we where all woundering why there  is no Irish flag in the game when some countryes have 2. There is an Ivory Coast flag  but why no Irish one ???????
Message Edited by MMMNO on 08-12-2009 03:45 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

YorkshirePud82

99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
YorkshirePud82
Accepted Solution

Im annoyed for the irish they dont have a rep of eire flag that is ***** cheeky and i think you should spam IW for one, amusingly being a patriotric yorkshireman im yorkshire first, english 2nd and british 3rd :D i dont mind the union jack but i think a flag for each sub part of the UK would be nice but then again it could get silly, every state in america has a flag imagine if they had those!

i want a yorkshire flag though :D

0 Kudos

Re: Why no Irish flag in COD MW 2?????

Oldies can still be goldies
/16

Aaron_MUFC7

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Aaron_MUFC7
Accepted Solution
I wish there was a English flag, would rather use an English one than British.
0 Kudos

/16

ARCY

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ARCY
Accepted Solution

It's probably because Ireland doesn't go to war and stays neutral in any conflicts.

Below is a quote from "Irish Neutrality" on Wikipedia

"Ireland has a "traditional policy of military neutrality". In particular, Ireland remained neutral during World War II, and has never

been a member of NATO or the Non-Aligned Movement."

So perhaps they think that rather than play MW2 the irish would rather sit at home counting potatoes.

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

ARCY wrote:

It's probably because Ireland doesn't go to war and stays neutral in any conflicts.

"Ireland has a "traditional policy of military neutrality". In particular, Ireland remained neutral during World War II, and has never

So perhaps they think that rather than play MW2 the irish would rather sit at home counting potatoes.

:No-no:
0 Kudos

/16

ARCY

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ARCY
Accepted Solution

moriarty1975 wrote:

ARCY wrote:

:No-no:

WHAT???  
0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Come on guys, lets tone down the Irish jokes please.  A lot of Irish peeps visit these PlayStation Forums, so don't scare them off!

Lets love thy neighbour!

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Come on guys, lets tone down the Irish jokes please.  A lot of Irish peeps visit these PlayStation Forums, so don't scare them off!

Lets love thy neighbour!

We should have our own forum!!

0 Kudos

/16

CEK111

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CEK111
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Lets love thy neighbour!

Thank you LordRoss, thank you.

As for some earlier post by Pin-Pin-Ire

"

Personally I believe the Tri-colour shouldn't be in the game.

Ireland is know for its neutrality and It seems wrong that it is used in a war game-even if it is an inverted version- :smileyhappy:"

Nice Point.

Also, an earlier post by yourself.

"I'm an Irish Nationilst but he can post the unionist flag if he want's, if that is his political belief.

We live in an age when we should be above such petty squabbles. Everyone is entitled to their political and religious beliefs."

Good point also, i do also believe that, but however it seems to me that this guy obvisouly saw the world Irish in the topic, read some posts, then decieded to put a pic of that flag up.

Of course its gonna p****** alot of Irish off. Thats why im against it in this thread, he can belief whatever he wants, but why spread it here?

0 Kudos

There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.
/16

DANO25

93%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DANO25
Accepted Solution

ARCY wrote:

Jeez your so funny
0 Kudos

XBOX LIVE: AFistUpDBumhole PSN: DANO25 TWITTER: TheDano25

If you use Ghost and camp or No/Quickscope you're an IDIOT!!
/16

MMMNO

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MMMNO
Accepted Solution
ok posted the same thing on their forms might get a reply, the game still rocks
0 Kudos

/16

Smill110

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smill110
Accepted Solution
Phew! Whatta load of bile! I'm glad to see the Scots have kept well-and-truly out of this nonsense. Just the usual Irish sectarian crap with the odd 'Engerlund nazi' fan chipping in. Maybe you could stay out of our football too and we'd all be happier.
0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

Smill110 wrote:
Phew! Whatta load of bile! I'm glad to see the Scots have kept well-and-truly out of this nonsense. Just the usual Irish sectarian crap with the odd 'Engerlund nazi' fan chipping in. Maybe you could stay out of our football too and we'd all be happier.

:Shame:

Did you not read my previous posts?

0 Kudos

/16

Smill110

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smill110
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I did; going on and on about politics and sectarianism. One side's this and the other side's that...

Oh yeah, and some inflamatory remark about British and coalition forces 'going around invading other countries'. If that's the road you want to go down, then perhaps you'd like to hear that Ireland was one of only two countries to send official condolensces to Nazi Germany on the death of Adolf Hitler. Great lads!

0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

Smill110 wrote:

Yeah, I did; going on and on about politics and 3.sectarianism. One side's this and the other side's that...

1.Oh yeah, and some inflammatory remark about British and coalition forces 'going around invading other countries'. If that's the road you want to go down, then perhaps you'd like to hear that 2. Ireland was one of only two countries to send official condolences to Nazi Germany on the death of Adolf Hitler. Great lads!

1. It's the truth about Britain invading other nations, but that was in the past and would not happen again in these modern times. Cromwell literally butchered anyone that opposed him in Ireland and sent the women and children left in the cities off to the indies as slaves :(

2. I did know that, but at the Time, Ireland was not at war with Germany, the details of the Holocaust had not been revealed and De Valera later said that he regretted sending the condolences but it was his duty at the Time as Ireland was a Free Independent Sovereign Nation and he had to be diplomatic.

3. Sectarianism is (as defined be Wikipedia)

"Sectarianism is bigotry, discrimination or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion or the factions of a political movement."

I have never in any of my posts been a sectarian. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own political and religious beliefs, I only step in if one person is inciting hatred in another. In this case the Labeling of the Irish People as being Sectarians.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution
Perhaps its time to lock this thread?
0 Kudos

/16

Smill110

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smill110
Accepted Solution
Yes! Please do it!
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

moriarty1975

• Award Winner
95%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
moriarty1975
Accepted Solution
Do your stuff mods!
0 Kudos

/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

moriarty1975 wrote:
Perhaps its time to lock this thread?

I reported it ages ago but it looks like Bambi hasn't gotten around to it yet :(

Message Edited by Pin-Pin-Ire on 09-12-2009 10:35 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

bambaroo

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bambaroo
Accepted Solution

Thread locked! We're gamer's so let's keep the discussions to games.

Leave the fighting for the online battlefield!

Bamba

0 Kudos

/16

pele_rocco

82%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pele_rocco
Accepted Solution

Smill110 wrote:

If you didn't have the Celtic Rangers rivalry nobody would know you lot could play football (apart from Shanks, King Kenny, St John, Souness & Hansen).

Mind you, I don't think we'll be seeing much Scottish football in Europe anymore as I can't see any of the teams qualifying from next season.

Message Edited by pele_rocco on 09-12-2009 10:09 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
www.ps3-leagues.co.uk/forum
Home of PSL (Socom & MAG), PS3L, AAO & FUDb (MW/2)

C'mon son!
/16

Smill110

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Smill110
Accepted Solution

Rangers and Celtic are SCOTTISH football clubs, based in GLASGOW, which is in SCOTLAND. They are two huge clubs who have had a great deal of success over the past century. The worst thing about these teams, and what holds them back in many respects, is the overspill of pathetic Irish sectarianism. This continually brings both clubs into disrepute and with it the wider Scottish game, which is madness when you consider the outstanding reputation of Scotland national team fans around the world for friendliness and good behaviours.

Oh, and I don't think we'll be seeing Liverpool in the Champions League again this season or in any European football next season for that matter. 7th in the league just now?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel