07 Nov 2009
By: InsanityUK Member 2,131 Posts
Level 3

Will the servers cope?

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 354 Views edited 07-11-2009

Now I know everyone playing online now says it's running very smooth but there are very few people on at the moment. Well, very few people compared to the colossal amount of people there'll be online on release day/week. Obviously there is no way they can test it to that scale although they have experience from the launch of COD4 but us release day purchasers will all remember that had a lot of problems to begin with not to mention there are many poeple purchasing MW2 on release day.

How well do you think the servers will cope? Will they grind to a halt or maybe just some disconnections every now and then or is everyone going to have smooth gameplay from day 1?

Message Edited by InsanityUK on 07-11-2009 01:30 AM

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Will the servers cope?

I think there will be some disconnections here and therem cause there is going to be a HUGE amount of people online
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I don't think the servers will cope with the sheer amount of players online :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Servers are just match making right ? so people will find it hard to get on if that the case or keep on

And it runs a P2P system which means we going to be feeling it :smileyvery-happy:

Am willing to bet money there going to be issues 

But saying that they know that there going to be a flood after COD4 so they will be more ready this time

SO will the servers cope , that a question nobody knows :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

They wont :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

It's not just match making, they also have to update the leaderboards with everyone's scores after each game, along with storing and updating player profiles, rank & prestige and weapon & attachment unlock status, as well as challenges completed.

If there is going to be a problem due to the server load, I think it will manifest itself as a temporary loss of rank and stats.

Hopefully not though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Its a COD tradidtionn for the servers to go down

COD4 - was down for like a week on and off

COD5 - Was also down for a couple of days on and off

Of course the servers will go down gives people a chnce to have a go at the campaign

Wolf,Woods,Wolf in the woods,Forest,snowy
Everything i say is logical, you just dont understand my logic.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Play the single player first, wait for the online to die down a bit. (probably won't lol)

My connection is ***** anyways, so makes no difference to me :smileytongue:

photo breaking_bad_signature_banner_by_xxdeejay-d52ik0s.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If everyone is online and the servers aren't working properly, I'll play more of the story and Special Ops. Whereas if the servers are coping fine and many are playing the single player, I'll play online.

Although the first thing I'm going to do is play through at least 3 of the story missions before I go online, which is what I usually do in a game anyway. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

do you think 360 servers will cope because they will probz have more players
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Kudos