Call of Duty

Call of Duty

30 Sep 2012
By: stokoe1011 Member 41 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

port forwarding

15 Replies 1216 Views Created 30-09-2012

hi there im in the processof forwarding my ports for mw3 on the ps3 im useing the virgin super hub and i was whanting to know what settings should i have it on do i have to have both portforwarding and port triggering on or just one and should i have the dhcp enabled and should the unup be on or off if its on my nat types open if its disabled i get a strict nat type the reason im opening my ports is im sick of getting shot around corners and loading a full clip into someone before they die its very frustraton any help on lag compensating would be gratefull

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (1,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: port forwarding

Don't bother with port forwarding, just do this - LINK

photo AWESOMEO00.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (1,211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

ive actully opened the ports i just wanted to know what settings i should have
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (1,200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

when its in dmz my shots dont seem to hit and it seems to be jumping so ive opened the ports and was wondering do ineed the triggering on as well and the unup on or off
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (1,187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If youve opened up the ports then then what settings do you need? - I hope you havent just randomly opened up ports.

Ports are;

http://portforward.com/cports.htm

Config;

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/VirginMedia/Netgear_CG3101D/Call_of_Duty_-_Mo...

(the router may not be the exact same model but Im fairly sure the instructions will be roughly the same as its virgin). 

If you get stuck you will find the answer within portfoward.com 

As for DMZ it does basically the same thing  and gives you same outcome ish - just configured differently and is far easier to setup.

unup or UPnP I have off personally but there are lots of pros & cons on both sides so depends on how you use your home network - my advice is try both on & off & see which works better for you.

BTW virgin routers are rubbish - They have numerous probs with their firmware and apparantly they are 

working on fixes but no release date as of yet.

Lastly backup your router BEFORE you attempt anything - saves time and headaches

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (1,162 Views)
Level 1

thanks for replying very gratefull for the help

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (1,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

hi there u gave me sum great advie but was wandering since the hubs are crap witch router would you choose for gaming on the ps3 useing the super hub as im at a loss with witch one to choose around the 50 - 60 pound mark

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (1,093 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi - remember it is just my opinion about the super hubs - others may disagree.

Is your router resetting itself after a few days ie all your config changes have gone back to default?

Do you have to reboot your router every couple of days as your devices will not connect to it?

If you answer no to these then stick to your superhub and save your money - If Yes contact virgin and see if they can help, or even send out a new router - NetGear's routers are generally good (which you will probably have) - Virgins customizations in the firmware are not so good.

BTW are you connecting your PS3 wirelessly or via a network cable?  If your having probs with your connection in game then a network cable is a must.

With routers you pay for what you get 50-60 will give you a half decent Wirless N  router but there a loads of makes & models out there to choose from -  If you do decide to buy one read reviews on them - Google tomshardware because they do very good independent tests and reviews.

Before you decide to buy a router can you borrow a router from a friend or family member to test that it does work on that - No point buying a new one if you get the same probs!

Hope that helps a little - good luck

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (1,078 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Hey guys. Having an issue getting my NAT to Open. It's currently in Moderate. 

I have a static IP.

Router is: BT HomeHub 2

I have DMZ set up.

I have previously had Open in other COD games.

I have to head to work now. But I'll check back later & read more on the thread, maybe I have wrong ports forwarded. I might just forward ports & removed DMZ, as it seems to make no difference for me.

I experience very little to no lag in COD, & every other game. I'm wireless, but I have a TP-Link that connects via Ethernet to boost my speed. My average would be about 10MB download & 2-3MB upload.

I checked on BT forums, but it just seems to be a bit hit & miss for people.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (1,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Are you saying you have DMZ setup and Port forward setup at the same time? If thats the case then neither method will work properly - if at all.

If you decide to use port forward  then open ports for MW3 and the Playstation Network - seems to work a little better.

The first thing I would though  is to upgrade your firmware for the homehub2 - I beleive BT applied a patch in march addressing probs with gaming (I may be mistaken but give it a go anyway)

Before you do anything to your router - as always back it up.

Even if you fix your probs you will still get lag, matchmaking probs etc - Activision should have sorted the probs out by now but either they cant or wont - infact they are making things worse IMO

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (1,019 Views)
0 Kudos