07 Dec 2009
Playstation Staff

rust glitch:(

23 Replies 969 Views Created 07-12-2009
has anybody come across this one yet? was trying to play a cage match but some retard was inside the giant pipe. dont know how he did it but what is the point in a cage match ? i messaged him but all he said was its called winning mate lika sitting inside a pipe where you cant be hit is some kind of achievement . tried everything to kill him but only managed a slight hit with a grenade launcher. just dont see what enjoyment they get out of it. excuse the typing but its from the ps3 browser.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (969 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: rust glitch:(

Never seen this.

Ive seen the afghan one where they hide in the rock, also does getting onto the roof of highrise count as glitching as i see that alot. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is not a glitch, the developers put it there for anyone to use, just like the highrise ability to climb on either roof.  Go on the pipe opposite, turn around run and jump and you will access the pipe.  If someone is camping in there, RPG/grenade their ass, them being in the pipe should make it easier for you, not harder!!
òÓ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

The one on high rise is not a glitch and was put there by IW. Once you know how to get up there it's easy but doing it in a match is hard because 90% of the time you will end up getting shot trying to do it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24 (885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

it is a glitch as saw someone do it yesterday! was trying to work out why he was jumping near the pipe when i shot him then later saw a foot hanging next to piper with claymore on floor shot shot the claymore and him! BOOM!!! Ha Ha Ha

It is cheating!! - Anyways, how come rust never comes up ever now on free for all?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (833 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

throw a grenade under it or next to and it kills them :smileyvery-happy: the dirty cheaters  :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I was in a game where someone managed to get a nuke from doing that Rust Pipe Glitch totally annoying.

I still dont understand how 3rd party titles are a free for all when it comes to glitching with no moderation, apparently M$ are handing out bans for people who exploit a glitch why wont Sony.

OP when using a ps3 to post turn WYSIWYG editor off in you preferences and it will let you do line breaks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

S7even_UK wrote:
This is not a glitch, the developers put it there for anyone to use, just like the highrise ability to climb on either roof.  Go on the pipe opposite, turn around run and jump and you will access the pipe.  If someone is camping in there, RPG/grenade their ass, them being in the pipe should make it easier for you, not harder!!

well that just a loada BS.  if its not a glitch, why can the glitcher shoot out tru the pipe but i cant shoot back tru it at him.

and why can he see tru the pipe? its cheating, plain and simple

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (774 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

lol its not a glitch for a start u climb to get in it, and btw for any of those who are bitching bout glitchers again, just stop it its pathetic, u have my agreement on glitches like under the map or the rock 1s, but anything else im cool wid, why dont they ban people from glitching? because its in the game, its the game producers who implemented the stuff, and sony see no need to get involved in 3rd partys business (quite right) IW's jurastiction their choice, but tbh if they ban people for glitchin they might as well ban people for camping, and sniping, and using a riot shield, its part of the game, it was in the game, if no unlicensed downloads have been used or data modified ( point your attention to COD4 UFO glitch) then no breachs in terms have been made, its within tolerability and allowance, they should'nt be concentrating on these people jumping on a position which YOU cant reach, they should concentrate on those morons using mod'd data to be 'number 1' on the leaderboards
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

DZ_DARREN wrote:
lol its not a glitch for a start u climb to get in it, and btw for any of those who are bitching bout glitchers again, just stop it its pathetic, u have my agreement on glitches like under the map or the rock 1s, but anything else im cool wid, why dont they ban people from glitching? because its in the game, its the game producers who implemented the stuff, and sony see no need to get involved in 3rd partys business (quite right) IW's jurastiction their choice, but tbh if they ban people for glitchin they might as well ban people for camping, and sniping, and using a riot shield, its part of the game, it was in the game, if no unlicensed downloads have been used or data modified ( point your attention to COD4 UFO glitch) then no breachs in terms have been made, its within tolerability and allowance, they should'nt be concentrating on these people jumping on a position which YOU cant reach, they should concentrate on those morons using mod'd data to be 'number 1' on the leaderboards

Talking out your behind mate. Unless they have some super alloy/metal that allows somebody inside to see and shoot through but not from the other side its a glitch. By the tone of your post your obviously someone who uses these glitches to gain an edge in the game. They are not defendable, they didnt put them there deliberatly, they just didnt have the time to check every nook and cranny of the game before release. Anyway enjoy cheating your way through the game and I will carry on TRYING to have fun on it.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (667 Views)