80%
02 Rank
Progress

CTU-UK Communications room

[ Edited ]
44 Replies 364 Views edited 14-01-2012
14 Jan 2012
By Xhair

This is our new home for the time being since the clan is in decline and the website runs out at the end of the month, its cheaper and easier to talk amongst the clan members if we are in a popular site.This thread is just to keep in touch with each other and set up in clan gaming nights.

Other ps forum users are welcome to come on here and chat with us if they would like to.We are not recruiting but feel free to join in the chat.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudecold

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rudecold
Accepted Solution

Kiss goodbye to your life once you get started on Skyrim!

0 Kudos

Re: CTU-UK Communications room

rudecold

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Nemesis128
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I've been playing Skyrim for the past 3 weeks or so now I have barely scratched the surface. Its too easy to forget about the quests and just wonder around Skyrim fighting dragons, exploring caves and mines or whatever else. Its very easy to lose a whole lot of time on it.

Having said that though, I have felt the need to mix things up a little bit. Playing the same game for so long can get a little bit boring at times so I have been casually playing BF3 and I went back to playing some Wipeout HD. I finally got that ever elusive Beat Zico trophy last night so I should be able wrap up what is one of the hardest games to platinum.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudecold

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rudecold
Accepted Solution

That's pretty impressive work on Wipeout HD, I really suck at it, think it's a fab and gorgeous game tho I'm just terrible at racers nowadays.  Have about 4 trophies on it lol.

I've still not played battlefield 3 or MW3 yet, may have to rent them at some point

0 Kudos

rudecold

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Nemesis128
Accepted Solution
Wipeout is not for the faint hearted. Takes a lot of practice and time. Ive been playing it on and off for the past three years or so and I still wouldnt call myself anything more than an average player.

I love BF3 but it is an aquired taste. More hardcore than MW3 but you probably knew that. They are both definitely worth a rent even if it is just to find out which you prefer.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheYoungSir

88%
02 Rank
Progress
TheYoungSir
Accepted Solution

Will have a word with the website hosts for my work, see if I can sneak our forums on the back end

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

daftdave1978

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
daftdave1978
Accepted Solution

TheYoungSir wrote:

Will have a word with the website hosts for my work, see if I can sneak our forums on the back end

Oooooo go on Sir :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudecold

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rudecold
Accepted Solution

I've downloaded the trial of BF3 as a Playstation Plus subscriber but still haven't got round to trying it yet.

Played the Darkness 2 demo ther other day and that was good fun, I really enjoyed the first game

0 Kudos

rudecold

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Xhair

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Xhair
Accepted Solution

d/load the demo of amular  the reckoning as well, its rather good

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Nemesis128
Accepted Solution
Ive still got FF XIII-2 and The Darkness 2 demo's on my HDD ready to play. Will play them soon and I will play the Kingdom of Amalur demo to get the Mass Effect 3 DLC but Im not sure I will buy the game. Seems a little similar to Fable and I really dont like that game.

Ive almost got the Wipeout HD Platinum now - one easy trophy left. I will probably got back to Skyrim and work my way through the rest of that. Tbh, Ive barely scratched the surface of things to do though. I spent way to much time just exploring to do anything of significance in regards to storyline. Ive almost done the Companions quests but that is about it.

As for upcoming games, I wil be buying MGS HD Collection this Friday. Cant wait to play those games again. FF XIII-2 can wait. I still havent played FF XIII yet, so buying the sequal seems pointless. I am tempted by The Darkness 2 because I loved the first game and the new one looks really interesting, but Im sure this will drop in price very quickly like Deus Ex did last year. Asura's Wrath looks mental so I will probably get that at some point. Other than those, Mass Effect 3 is the only thing that is interesting me and that is a day 1 purchase (got the CE on order from Game). Its a shame Max Payne 3 got delayed tbh.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Xhair

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Xhair
Accepted Solution
i have my eye on syndicate and the darkness2
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Nemesis128
Accepted Solution

Xhair wrote:
i have my eye on syndicate and the darkness2

Ah, I forgot about Syndicate. It looks decent. I really like the styling of it but I hope the rest of the game is up to scratch. I havent played the demo yet - I was hoping for an SP one rather than a co-op demo. Ive heard of a few problems connecting and lag issues which doesnt look to good for the full release. EA servers have always been a bit dodgy across all of their games. That said, I have faith Starbreeze will make a good game nontheless.

I picked up the MGS HD Collection on Friday which I really want to play now, but I know that if I neglect Skyrim any longer I will end up leaving it until the summer. Will probably play that tomorrow and focus on missions from now on. My random wandering has meant I have racked up a fairly substantial playtime yet achieved pretty much nothing in regards to main or faction storylines. I would like to get the majority done before my save file gets too large and the game inevitably starts bogging down on me. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudecold

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rudecold
Accepted Solution

I've quite a big save file on Skyrim and not noticed any major lag yet but a bit more in busy towns than before.  I've decided to give Skyrim a rest for a bit and play some different games and come back to reality a bit.  Though when I look out the window and see lots of snow part of me wonders if I am actually still in Skyrim!

0 Kudos

rudecold

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Nemesis128
Accepted Solution
My save file is about 5mb atm, which isn't too bad until you consider that I have only got as far as meeting the greybeards in the main story and got three quarters of the way through the companians quests. Thats it. 25 hours of gameplay.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rudecold

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rudecold
Accepted Solution

I had done pretty much the same after 25 hours then thought best to get the main quest out of the way before the lag... dones about 42 hours now and my character is quite a machine so most quests are fairly easy for me now. 

Just got FFXII-2... i wasnt the biggest fan of FFXIII as it was way too linear but I've read this is more varied and open so I was intrigued to try it out.  So far not disappointed, the only really crap thing so far is the music!  More pop sounding rubbish, I miss the days of FFVII's epic soundtrack.

0 Kudos

rudecold

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Xhair

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Xhair
Accepted Solution

dridgeway gave me this link for the one they use.http://www.forumotion.com/ 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OSS1E

38%
02 Rank
Progress
OSS1E
Accepted Solution

Well.

My mum successfully damaged my 60gig today :smileymad:

She propped the loftspace cover against the wall, it slid down and (It's *****ing heavy) fell on the ps3's front.

So the on/off switch is now damaged and (sometimes) won't work when pressed, also the cover for the card readers has had one of its hinges snapped off.

What should I do? Best place to repair? Try repair by hand?

Luckily I have a backup ps3 (win), so no rush.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheYoungSir

88%
02 Rank
Progress
TheYoungSir
Accepted Solution

Ill have a look at that link over the weekend paul,

and Oss, I tried fix my 60gb by hand, and all I have left now is the top cover, ruined in 5 mins lol

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheYoungSir

88%
02 Rank
Progress
TheYoungSir
Accepted Solution

Looks good Paul, Ill set something up over weekend 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheYoungSir

88%
02 Rank
Progress
TheYoungSir
Accepted Solution

triple post ftw

ok

www.ctu-clan.forumotion.co.uk

Its in its infancy at the moment, looks wise and content wise,

Jonny is away on business for a couple of weeks and he said he would help me out when he is back,

so sign up people, ill activate accounts as sooon as I have time etc

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nemesis128

88%
02 Rank
Progress