on 02-05-2012 12:39 AM
on 02-05-2012 02:58 AM
Latest update to the Elite site :
- An updated header for the Career page which now shows clan affiliation and previous title Prestige levels
- Numerous updates to the Leaderboard Tracker including fixes for viewing another users’ playercards and a KDR display issue.
- Optimization of Clan Ops leaderboard to provide greater accuracy.
- Optimized the invite system for Clans. This corrected an issue where users would sometimes receive a bad invite that couldn’t be accepted. If you are still unable to accept a clan invite, please ask the Clan Leader to send you a new one.
- Minor update to change which emblems are displayed next to comments/feed items which addresses the issue where some sections of the site displayed the Black Ops rank emblem.
- Minor optimizations to the News Ticker which now loads faster and is more responsive.
- Updated localization for several site elements.
- Slight cleanup of emblem usage throughout the site.
02-05-2012 07:24 AM - edited 02-05-2012 07:26 AM
on 27-06-2011 02:46 PM
Right, finally got round to making a finalised / reviewed thread of the previous one. Taking into account everyones ideas and opinions and added a couple of new ideas... so it's not, really, that finalised!
Basically, the jist of the idea is to be able to use trophies you've earned as a PSN avatar. (I have to make it clear that this is not for custom pictures)
Now there are a few options as to how this can or should work:
1. Platinum trophies only:
Pros: Less impact on premium avatar sales.
Platinum trophies become more valuable.
Less frequent and more uncommon avatars (not everyone will have the same thing).
Cons: Limits the number of trophies available to use.
2. Platinum trophy unlocks all trophies in the set:
Pros: Platinum trophies become more valuable.
Makes other trophies in the set available to use.
Cons: Slightly more impact on premium avatar sales.
3. All trophies:
Pros: A wide range of trophies available from start.
A huge variation of avatars on PSN.
Cons: Probably a big impact on sales of premium avatars.
This idea can work! As MusterBuster said in the previous thread, there are things that can be done to help. Find that post here. There are of course implications to using some trophies, as stated in his post.
All the thread needs is everyone to add their own comment.
Here's another set of pictures on the idea:
Set as avatar or icon when the trophy has been achieved.
"Set as" option unavailable until the trophy has been earned.
As an avatar.
This last one is a new idea, where you can place the trophy as an icon under your trophy level. As you can hopefully see in the first two images, there would be on option to set it as either an avatar or an icon.
(Apologies for the lack of quality. I don't have the appropriate tools to make them perfect! Plus, I had to host the first image on another site, as it was slightly too big to upload with the forum.)
What to do next:
Please, please add a comment to the thread. Say if you like or dislike the idea, add you own thoughts and ideas! Say if you prefer option 1, 2 or 3! Kudos was also recommended by MB to make the thread more noticeable, but that is entirely optional. I'm not doing this for kudos.
If there's anything you think I've left out, please say. I probably have!
I am also torn between ideas 1 and 2.
on 02-05-2012 03:14 PM
on 03-05-2012 06:53 PM
Welcome to the Clans Forums!
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum. To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]