RESOGUN is one of the first titles to feature in PlayStation Plus at the launch of PS4, meaning that it is available for free to all Plus subscribers during the offer period. However, if for some reason you choose not to try PS Plus, RESOGUN is also available to purchase on the PlayStation Store.
RESOGUN is a truly mesmerising experience and has lots of subtle tricks to master in order to achieve the best possible score. Style and technique are happily married in RESOGUN, and with this in mind we have a variety of challenges over the next 4 weeks to test your skills to the limit.
With each challenge we set, we shall reward the best five with PS Plus codes and also reward the five runner ups with some PS4 swag.
Week 1 Challenge:
13th December - 19th December
LEVEL: 1 (Acis) SHIP: Any of the three DIFFICULTY: Veteran Choose any of the ships and start the first level on Veteran difficulty. Do not fire a weapon, use overdrive, drop any bombs or use Boost. Your sole aim in this challenge is to simply survive as long as you can without getting hit. The longer the duration the better. Use the "Share" feature and publish the video of your attempts on Facebook and then post the video location of the video in this thread. **Make sure to set the video on Facebook as public or we can't see it.** The top 5 successfully surviving the longest and shared a video in this thread will be named winners and second 5 will be named as the runner-ups. If you get hit, make sure to press "Share" to capture the video straight away (which can help gauge the time duration survived as an aid to you and to us) then restart level and try again.
As Spain, Italy and France are unable to participate unfortunaetly it means we can only offer 3 winners for each remaining challenges, but still 5 runner ups don't worry.
Week 2 Challenge:
20th December - 26th December
LEVEL: 1 (Acis) SHIP: Any of the three DIFFICULTY: Veteran Choose any of the ships and start the first level on Veteran difficulty. Your sole aim in this challenge is to score as high as you can before you lose all your lives or you complete the level. Use the "Share" feature and publish the screenshot of your highest score attempts on Facebook and then post the image of your score in this thread. The top 3 users with the highest score and proof shared in this thread will be named winners and second 5 highest will be named as the runner-ups.
Week 3 Challenge:
27th December - 2nd January
LEVEL: 1 (Acis)
SHIP: Any of the three
- Choose any of the ships and start the first level on Experienced difficulty.
- Your challenge is to skilfully master the Throw Human button so you can juggle the humans – three at a time.
- Use the "Share" feature and publish the video of your attempts on Facebook and then post the video location of the video in this thread. **Make sure to set the video on Facebook as public or we can't see it.**
- The first three to post proof of successfully juggling three humans and then shared the video footage as proof in this thread will be named winners and second 5 will be named as the runner-ups.
Here is my attempt that I just about managed
Week 4 Challenge:
3rd January - 9th January
- This is a simple Trophy challenge. Gain all the trophies including the Platinum in RESOGUN.
- Doesn't matter if you already have the Platinum trophy or have just gained it, the first three to post proof of their platinum trophies in the competition threads will win and the next five will be the runner ups.
Terms and Conditions
2. The Competition is open for entries on 13 December 2013 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 10 January 2014 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary, but Entrants must own or have access to a PlayStation®4 system and a copy of Resogun on PlayStation®4 (“Game”) in order to enter. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as a PlayStation®Network account), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) visit their local language PlayStation Forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu (“Forum”);
c) click on the “Competition – Resogun: The Challenge of the Week” thread [insert link];
d) sign into their SEN account; and
e) while playing the Game, complete the Week 1 Challenge, Week 2 Challenge, Week 3 Challenge and/or Week 4 Challenge (each as defined below, and collectively “Weekly Challenges”) by performing the relevant tasks set out in the table below during the Relevant Weekly Challenge Period (defined below).
Tasks to be performed
“Relevant Weekly Challenge Period”
“Week 1 Challenge”
13 – 19 December 2103
“Week 2 Challenge”
20 – 26 December 2013
“Week 3 Challenge”
27 December 2013 – 2 January 2014
“Week 4 Challenge”
3 – 10 January 2014
7. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry per Weekly Challenge and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below) in total. As soon as an Entrant has been selected as a Winner (as defined below) or Runner-Up (as defined below) for one Weekly Challenge, he/she will no longer be eligible to win a Prize in respect of any other Weekly Challenges that he/she chooses to enter.
8. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
9. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media, including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control.
10. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
11. For each Weekly Challenge, there will be five (5) winners (each a “Winner”) and five (5) runners-up (each a “Runner-Up”). Each Winner and each Runner-Up will be selected by a Most Valued PlayStationer (as defined at http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Website-and
12. For each Weekly Challenge, the Winners and Runners-Up will be determined by the Judges as follows:
How Winners and Runners-Up are determined
Week 1 Challenge
Week 2 Challenge
Week 3 Challenge
Week 4 Challenge
14. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each Winner and each Runner-Up must respond to the Promoter’s PM on the Forum, specifying their name, date of birth, email address and postal address (collectively “Details”) within thirty (30) days of receiving the PM.
15. Each Winner will win a 12-month PlayStation®Plus subscription voucher code, which has a value of GBP 39.99 / EUR 49.99 / PLN 199.95 / TRY 133.15 / RUB 2,146.65 (“Winner Prize”).
16. Each Runner-Up will win a PlayStation®4 lanyard memory stick and a PlayStation®4 coffee cup, which together have a value of GBP 20.00 / EUR 23.99 / PLN 99.99 / TRY 66.59 / CHF 29.23 / RUB 1,073.83 (“Runner-Up Prize”).
17. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
18. PlayStation®Plus subscriptions are only available to SEN account holders with access to high-speed internet. Users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent - eu.playstation.com/legal. PlayStation®Plus content and services vary by subscriber age. Online features of specific games may be withdrawn on reasonable notice – eu.playstation.com/gameservers. Service availability is not guaranteed. At the end of your subscription, if you do not take any action, it will automatically renew in accordance with the SEN Terms of Service and you will be charged from funds in your SEN wallet. Full terms and conditions can be found in the SEN Terms of Service at eu.playstation.com/legal.
19. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize and/or a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
20. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
21. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
22. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
24. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by email to a designated email address, the Winner Prize to each Winner within thirty (30) days of receiving the Winner’s Details.
25. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by registered post, the Runner-Up Prize to each Runner-Up within thirty (30) days of receiving the Runner-Up’s Details.
26. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s or Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
27. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s and Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s and Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Resogun: The Challenge of the Week Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or that incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
29. Each Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
30. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
31. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
32. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England, and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to administer the Competition. You agree that Facebook shall not have any liability in relation to this Competition.
I don't dare to share my 5 second-survival video. I'll keep practicing though! :-)
Not that I stand any chance anyway though...
Here's my entry:
ignore me, still uploaded to FB which is why I couldn't see it on there
I'm such a facebook n00b
Here (hopefully) is my awful effort. @LordRoss I'll PM you my address so you can post me the wooden spoon already!
- Select a Language