12 Feb 2011
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

DC Universe Locked to 1 account???

11 Replies 1,693 Views Created 12-02-2011

Could i please get an answer to this as its popping up over the net that once you use the code for Dc universe your game gets locked to your account thus making it untradable or sellable,infact its claimed you cant even use it on any other account on the same ps3???

I was put off buying this game because of the high disk & subscription price but are sony now taking the *****...1 account,really.

Can any one confirm this?

Source:http://tinyurl.com/5uzfhap

Page3 for story source

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (1,693 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: DC Universe Locked to 1 account???

Aye I was wondering the same thing :\
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,673 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I can't see it to be honest, the original activation key is really a 30 day subscribtion key.

Once it used it can't be used again, however i am sure a second hand buyer could buy a subscription and use that code instead of the one that came in the box...

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,670 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I know gamestation and CEX will exchange it, it's just like any other game that comes with some dlc code once you use it it's locked to that account, it's not like a steam game where you lock the whole game to your account, where ever you have been digging OP your not digging deep enough :smileytongue: also symon got it spot on. you say about the high disk price just head over to shopto.net it's 29.99 on ps3 I would call that high but it could just be me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,649 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

interstella5555 wrote:
I know gamestation and CEX will exchange it, it's just like any other game that comes with some dlc code once you use it it's locked to that account, it's not like a steam game where you lock the whole game to your account, where ever you have been digging OP your not digging deep enough :smileytongue: also symon got it spot on. you say about the high disk price just head over to shopto.net it's 29.99 on ps3 I would call that high but it could just be me

Iv been digging here were people play it,thank you for the info about the account lock as i thought they were saying there is a seperate disk lock code.

Thanks for the info on the price but i dont buy games online as it takes money away form my local games & rental shops,& speaking of rental,,this game is unrentable going on what you are saying.& there is no  lifetime subscription like the PC,,Any one at sony wanna tell us  why??The subscription is gonna kill this game on the ps3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,613 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

BoldYoji escribió:

interstella5555 wrote:

Iv been digging here were people play it,thank you for the info about the account lock as i thought they were saying there is a seperate disk lock code.

Thanks for the info on the price but i dont buy games online as it takes money away form my local games & rental shops,& speaking of rental,,this game is unrentable going on what you are saying.& there is no  lifetime subscription like the PC,,Any one at sony wanna tell us  why??The subscription is gonna kill this game on the ps3.

PSN Wallet cannot hold the transaction price for lifetime subscriptions currently (they are supposedly to be fixing it someday)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

it doesnt even have to be a lifetime thing . Just implement a dam yearly plan.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

DC Universe Cannot Be ResoldDon't buy a pre-owned copy.

Related stories: (more)
- DCUO: 30 Days Later [24]
- DCUO Subscription Sale Hits The EU [17]
- DCUO Subscription Plan On Sale Next [17]

Latest Stories:
- Green Lantern: Rise Of The Manhunte [3]
- Hands On: PixelJunk Shooter Part 2 [7]
- TDU2 Support is Brilliant [12]

Sony has released a statement confirming that the DC Universe Online account is locked to the original disc. If you buy a second hand copy and purchase a new subscription the game will not work.

“Once the PSN key has been consumed with a disk it cannot be resold/replayed with the second user adding a sub – only the original consumer can use that acct.” said Sony Online Entertainment, “Disk and account are one.”

A somewhat curious move because you have to pay a monthly subscription to play DC Universe Online - Sony would never be out of pocket even if the game was bought by another player.  

Source: LazyGamer

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have to say, what an effin' con eh?

First news was it was locked to 1 account, which is understandable as it's P2P, so using it on multiple accounts defeats the object of that.

But seriously...

Locked to the disc?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Any Mod want to clarify this disk locking to one account ***** or is it infact just the subscription code getting used up????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,384 Views)
0 Kudos