Games: Role-Playing Games

DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online

Level 4

Re: DC Universe gets a release date and subscription fees announced.

L337LUKE wrote:

I've played WoW for a long time so i'm happy to pay a subscription fee, but playing the game, things just feel a bit of a mess at the moment so i think  i'm going to wait a few months and see how the game progresses, maybe give it a go in the summer or close to the summer.

I also thought there is not much else besides fighting and dungeons to keep me interested for long enough, i mean the novelty of running around and scaling/flying/whizzing around the city wears off after a while.

There HAS to be some kind of an economy formed by implementing skills for players to take on and create things to sell and trade which then has to be maintained by the players or the game masters in order for the game to survive for a long period of time, and yes i'm going to reference World of Warcraft, but they have the game down to a "T", it's fun to play and has lots of various things to keep players interested in playing.

I think unless these things are considered and implemented and who knows they might be when the game is released then it's just not going to be much of a success and a possible APB again.

Plus the interface for the game needs to be sorted out as a priority.

Just my opinion on the matter :smileyhappy:

This is my first MMO and im really enjoying it. I think I may just do a monthly sub for a month or 2 to see how they support it and then decided from then on. With regards tot he UI, the US patch was released and its supposed to improved the UI a fair amount. As per tho, the EU has to w8 for that patch. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 23 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

It's a bit pricey though isn't it.

I like dc but i think at first  i would try it out for a couple of months first.

They will alienate many people, which isn't a great idea.

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 23 (130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

Play have it just now for the PS3 for £29.99 same price as the PC for a change :smileyhappy:

Play.com

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 23 (116 Views)
0 Kudos