Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Q&A, lets teach each other to play

Thanks for the kudos! :smileyhappy:

Don't forget when you switch to healer role, you still have access to all of your spells (damage and the like) but they provide different bonuses when used.

For example, when I swap my Martial Arts/Gadget character to controller, a few of my abilities that originally just did electricity damage over time now restore power to my group mates. Don't solo in healer role though, as you will find your damage is a lot lower than normal. You can still heal in damage mode too, so you don't have to worry about that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 65 (1,097 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i'm having a bit of trouble with the vaults, i toook my first and second trip there today but the items that i found all say not collected in my inventory and when equiped it destroys them. Am i doing some thing wrong or is it a bug or have i got the wrong idea about the vaults?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 65 (1,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

How do I receive Alerts? I've had Area 51 but would like to do the others if possible, in particular the new Oolong Island....

@qu1keh: I was wondering the same thing yesterday, when you equip the items that get destroyed they are 'style' items (next one along from your inventory), it unlocks that particular style for you to wear.
FUT FIFA STREAM 7 DAYS A WEEK! 8pm-1am www.twitch.tv/gamingzoo

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 65 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

don't have the game yet, but played the beta a lot, but 99% alone can we say that you use your damage (default) stance when alone and your other (controller, tank, healer) when in a group?

I found it very difficult to find others to do missions in the beta (not natural to use a keyboard when playing on console, and virtual keybaord is vvery slow to type), almost saw no messages appearing, like everyone was solo or already in a team an d only talking to those in their team

Is there messages popping like "I'm looking for team" in the chat window (it was really dead during the beta) now that the game is released, or are messages just between players or teams so that the dialogue window is almost dead

I'm used to City of heroes on PC where everyone has a keyboard, so I'm afraid to buy the game and play alone all the time because it's too boring to use the virtual keyboard

The "social" menu where you have names appearing doesn't make it easy as when I scroll through the names I still don't know if the person is in a team or not (different color would be nice) or just maybe only solo persons are on that list?

There should be default messages to send when you've chosen a person, like "are you on a team?" or "can I join your team" - even these short messages take forever with the virtual keyboard ...

Or are 99% people using USB keyboards? at least those who want to play in team?

Lots of questions but I still can't decide if I buy the game as buying a MMO to play alone most of the time seems stupid, but communication is so tough in this game ...

When you're in a league are messages of people in it always appearing in the chat window? it should be automatic or there's not much advantage being in one to find a team to do missions

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 65 (1,023 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A few quick questions:

When I change stance what does this actually do? Also what stance is the diamond logo and what stance is the flame logo?

I was labelled a controller at level 10, what is this?

I tried to join a legend PvP and a normal one but both were queing for ages, is this right?

If you need to know I'm in the Crossfire server.

Follow mgspro_ on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 65 (1,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

the "flame" stance is "damage", the one / default you have from the start in the description of your powers you"ll see "tank", "controller" or "healer" and a bonus, it means when you're in this stance you get the bonus
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 65 (987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've seen defence, controller and healer. Is defence and tank the same thing?

Follow mgspro_ on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 65 (975 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

it was "tank" in France, maybe it's defence for English
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 65 (967 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I have just started playing as a hero and i cant seem to find the kiosk vendors.. Theres 5 around the sabotage chamber in the hall of doom that sells emblems and such and i cant find the same ones in the watchtower. Can someone point me in the right direction as im getting no help in game :smileysad:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i7-990x (3.46GHz, 12MB, 6.4GT/sec)
English Genuine Windows® 8 64 BIT
Dual 6GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan
6144MB (3x2GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
512GB Solid State Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" Dual HDD - (2x256GB)
256GB Solid State SATA Additional Drive
Blu-Ray RW (Blu-ray, DVD, CD read & write) & 24X DVD+/-RW
Killer™ 2100 Network Card
Soundblaster XFi Titanium PCIe card

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 65 (959 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

RE: Stances/Roles

There are 3 "roles" -

Tank - Frontman for a group, or a one man killing machine. A tank is someone that attacks mobs and bosses first, they take the brunt of the direct attacks whilst being healed by a healer. The tank could be classed as the most important group member, as it is him that sacrifices his health to protect the others. Classic attributes of a tank are high attack, defense vitalisation and health. Good AoE attacks and powerful direct attacks.

Controller - Although this is the first time I've heard the term used, I can guess that the controller role is similar to a buffer. A controller will have attacks that do status effects (stunned, grounded, trapped, rooted etc...) as well as buffs that  can be used to boost attack power or health regeneration etc.. A controller will not directly attack in a group battle, but put debuffs on the mobs or bosses, so that the tank can finish them off.

Healer - A healer is a pretty bulk standard role. Doesn't really fight much, stays close to the group to buff and heal other party members. Healers can be the decider on who wins the battle though, and as a healer it is important to concentrate less on how much health the enemy is losing, and more on how much your are giving your team. A good healer will use a ranged weapon eg. bow, so you can stay in the battle without getting too much damage yourself.

There are 4 "stances" -

Damage - Or "Damage Dealer" as it is commonly known. DD's are characters made for taking out your enemy fast without care for the little amount of defense you have. DD's have high attack rate and powerful attacks. The inherant risk of using a damage stance however, is that when you start taking hits you won't last long.

Defense - Used for tanking. Equip powers that have stun or rooting debuffs, and AoE attacks. A good defensive strategy can beat even the strongest enemy.

Controller - Equip buffs for added power, buffs to support your team-mates, or debuffs to cripple your enemy. If you're walking around with a controller stance, picture yourself tugging the strings saying "dance puppets!"

Healer - Not much to say about this one, except keep your buddies alive!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 65 (876 Views)
0 Kudos