Games: Role-Playing Games

DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online

27 Jan 2011
By: BritishBlue Member 233 Posts
Level 3

The Best Tank Setup?

3 Replies 35801 Views Created 27-01-2011

Hi, I bought DCUO a while ago but I have a question about tanking.

I tried to go Rifle/Ice/Acrobat but there wasn't much synergy with the rifle, so then I read around and found out some people recommended Martial Arts/Ice/Acrobat for tanking, however are fists also good for tanking? Because I prefer the look of fists especially when my character bursts into his Iceman mode! :Smile:

Also what about Flight for tanking? I always seem to be getting hammered by enemy players who swoop in, try to lay on some smackdown and, if they're losing, turn tail and fly off! It's soooo annoying. :Argh:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (35,801 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: The Best Tank Setup?

[ Edited ]

I would avoid flight for tanking (personally).

With acro you get alot of bonus from knockbacks, pulls and breakouts, more so than other movements because most controls are similar and the acro stats reflect that, which means you can gain alot more power back if you break out of a stun or control.

(especially useful for human vs human)

Also fire and ice are just as good as each other, maybe fire has the upperhand, but they are both pretty decent,

Alot of tanks i see use dual wield, brawling and or martial arts...seen a few with rifles too... buti think something up close n personal is what you should be aiming for with a tank build.

remember all tanks are weak to healers and healers are weak to controllers, pick your fights carefully :smileyhappy:

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (35,778 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Thinking of it, out of all the different combinations I've tried, my current favourites for Tank are:

Fire/Dual Wield/Acrobatics

Fire/Two Handed/Acrobatics

With both of these, I combine the Iconic Venom buff with Immolation, which boosts the crap out of your attacks... also with the Two Handed one, those two buffs plus the flaming weapon buff. Picture being attacked by a deranged psycho with roid rage swinging a flaming plank of wood with nails in it. Yea.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (35,573 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think the general thought is ice make the better tank end game fire is good for mobs you do a lot of aoe damage as well but to tank the serious hard hitters you need the perks of ice tank imo.

When im tanking i roll with coldsnap this is constantly on until i get ice armour (and not used again till ice armour is finished) and i spam reflection your job is not to deal damage its to take it i just use martial arts to build up my combo meter to get power for my defensive powers i will also use inescapable storm as my pull power to keep the enemys focused on me and away from the damage dealers on my team i sometime throw on bitter winds if i have surplus power to burn just to add a little to the fight.

If the crap is really hitting the fan i fall back on ice elemental this is the super tank in the game you can tank any boss solo for at least half minute using this giving your team mates time to replenish and get back in the fight he also does a nice amount of damage and hopefully when you revert back to little old you you'll be back up to full health and power.

Seriously though i see a lot of so called tanks on dc running around throwing out big dps attacks thats not what tanks do and they normally are the ones who run from the boss when they realise after 3-4 hits there out of power the boss hits for hundred's of damage every other second and are about to be knocked out.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (35,463 Views)
0 Kudos