02 Rank
Progress

Driveclub disc version upgrade

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 355 Views edited 02-08-2017
02 Aug 2017
By miskosvk80

Hello all,

I've bought a disc version of DRIVECLUB at my local retailer. I would like to add some content to it, so I've purchased BIKES and SEASON PASS separately from the Store. The problem is, that new content is not appearing anywhere in the game (it says I need to purchase addons, but when I try to access the Store page it says 'content cannot be displayed at this moment' or something similar). I can see all my 72 purchased add-ons in my 'Purchased' games list and they show as "installed", but the game itself has absolutely no clue about it. 

What kind of ripoff is that I need to purchase a DRIVECLUB PS Plus version again for € 14.99 when I already have the full disc version and I cannot use purchased addons with it? 

Thanks for the info.

Michael

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MightyYogi

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Does the game match the region the store is set to?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I think so. My store region is set to the same country as the game was purchased in. Slovakia/EU. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MightyYogi

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MightyYogi
miskosvk80
Accepted Solution

I am not an expert on the regions but if you say they are both EU then you should be fine.

When you select Bikes from the driveclub menu what does it say to you?

Make sure you have deleted the playstation plus version of driveclub if you have it

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your tips, I appreciate it. 

Bikes menu option just shows all the bikes being locked with a shopping cart option and game says I need to purchase it from the store. When I open that option, it just goes to non-existent store option and says "this conntent is unavailable at this moment"..(don't remember exact wording).

Never had the PS Plus version, just used the disc when purchased and it updated itself. I have noticed that in the store there is regular version which is unavailable because "I have PS + membership", but the PS Plus version is there for € 14.99

I have opened a case with Sony support, so let's see what they have to say. However, if anyone has any insight into this behaviour, I'd be grateful. 

At this point it seems that the disc version is not compatible with store digital add-ons for whatever reason and I can't switch to digital version for free. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

I don't know if it's the case with this issue. but in the past, you have to go through every single piece of dlc in the PlayStation Store. And download it. It's not a really download, so doesn't take forever. But it just activates / unlocks the content in-game. So perhaps it's that?

There's quite a lot of content there that comes with the season pass. Although there was some further content released that the season pass didn't cover. Think it's just a few event/car packs and 2 bikes packs. Not much. If it has a price next to it, it's not part of the season pass or bikes expansions.

0 Kudos

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the suggestion, but all the purchased content shows as "installed" in the ps store - purchases section. I can't do anything else with it. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
miskosvk80
Accepted Solution

Hmmmm ok. Could  'Restore Licenses' under PlayStation Network/Account Management in Settings help?

You shouldn't need the digital version of the game. As I, and many others have the disc version, and all the dlc. Hopefully Customer Service are able to sort it out. You may need to call them, if they don't get back to you.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

How did you get your content? From within the game (upgrade/purchase links) or sepatately from the store?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
miskosvk80
Accepted Solution

I had the disc. Bought the season pass on day of release. Then had to download/activate each piece of dlc from the Store as it became available (not from in-game). Up until the Season Pass content stopped around July 2015. Where I bought the rest individually. Then the Bikes expansion came. Think there was 2 versions at the time. The standalone version. And the upgrade version, for those that had the original game.

But when the PlayStation Plus version came out. And the upgrade version of that. People started having issues. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Got a PS4 Pro since then, and still managed to get everything working fine.

If Restore Licenses doesn't work. Best bet is phoning Customer Service. Even the Ask PlayStation twitter account may be more helpful.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Yeah, lucky you. I have emailed their support and asked on twitter. Will post here any reply to help others. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

WhiteMonkey88

• MVP
94%
11 Rank
Progress
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

You say the game was purchased in the same country as your account, but it could still be a US version though? (Shouldn't be selling games from other regions, but doesn't mean they won't)

I have the digital version and bought the Season Pass today, everything just unlocked with no issues (well, all the packs that are included in the season pass anyway) 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miskosvk80

32%
02 Rank
Progress
miskosvk80
WhiteMonkey88
Accepted Solution

The talk is about physical disc version with digital add-ons. My guess is that digital version does not have any issues. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel