92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Anyone Getting Dark Souls?

375 Replies 640 Views Created 04-10-2011

Had a look at a few trailers, looks really good, Anyone getting it?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

I want to but alas I really dont have the time to put into it just now.

0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Getting Dark Souls?

/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
procion
Accepted Solution
It's arriving at my door in ten hours. It's with the courier overnight as I type. lol, I'm tracking it's every move to my door. Mightape.co.nz whom I got it off told me it's quite a nice pre-order bundle for the price(reg game price, hardback art book, dl'able primo guide, or part thereof, nice cardboard boxing to put it all in similar to Demon's Souls Us edition). The guy I spoke to , Ben, told me the hardback primo guide is really nice as well, which is available seperately...ca-ching...he sold me, I had to buy that too. I'm just epically weak when it comes to C.E.s(collector editions), gaming comics(I have the entire inFAMOUS series, the Assassin's creed series and the God of War fat comic, plus I ordered the Driver comic only because, even tho its the same as the collector Pack comic, it's a normal size comic wheras the inFAMOUS and Driver comics were smaller sized.), and game figurines(a-hem US$300 spent on a sideshow collectible KRATOS maquette:::AWESOME). The G.o.W. series one action figures are nicely made. I've learnt NOT to take them out of their packaging, or I do want to, then buy two... I must go, got to check my email to see what stage of the journey to my front door my Dark Souls is at... )
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Getting Dark Souls? HELL YES

/16

kevj25LFC

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevj25LFC
Accepted Solution

procion wrote:
It's arriving at my door in ten hours. It's with the courier overnight as I type. lol, I'm tracking it's every move to my door. Mightape.co.nz whom I got it off told me it's quite a nice pre-order bundle for the price(reg game price, hardback art book, dl'able primo guide, or part thereof, nice cardboard boxing to put it all in similar to Demon's Souls Us edition). The guy I spoke to , Ben, told me the hardback primo guide is really nice as well, which is available seperately...ca-ching...he sold me, I had to buy that too. I'm just epically weak when it comes to C.E.s(collector editions), gaming comics(I have the entire inFAMOUS series, the Assassin's creed series and the God of War fat comic, plus I ordered the Driver comic only because, even tho its the same as the collector Pack comic, it's a normal size comic wheras the inFAMOUS and Driver comics were smaller sized.), and game figurines(a-hem US$300 spent on a sideshow collectible KRATOS maquette:::AWESOME). The G.o.W. series one action figures are nicely made. I've learnt NOT to take them out of their packaging, or I do want to, then buy two... I must go, got to check my email to see what stage of the journey to my front door my Dark Souls is at... )

Not that i want to criticise but can you PLEASE space out your text, no one likes giant walls :P

0 Kudos

/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
procion
Accepted Solution
Don't read it if you can't handle it. Man you find moaners on every forum. Be happy m8, life is too short. Has this generation become so numbed to education that they cannot handle a paragraph of text. Use your eyes and the brain that is behind them to decipher the words. I learnt this when I started school from the books school sent home for me to read with my mum every night before lights out. Nowadays everything comes in bytes in order for the purposefully undereducated masses to "manage" lest they become overwhelmed. Even the books one buys now resemble internet pages, resembling Osborne children's books with complementary colourful pictures to keep the masses' interest (and much of it lies to fit the hidden leadership's rapacious parasitical way of life). Now, would you like all of that in capitals for easier consumption Sir/Madam? Would you like a serviette with your byte? Have a nice MacDay, Sir/Madam. Oh and by the way, people on PS3s whom are forced to use the grey box to input their data, even when in HD, cannot make paragraphs. When I was using mine when I would try to use the line breaker for paragraphing, once I had input my post, all my line breaks had been shunted back up into the preceding paragraph. Well now I've dealt with that, which has marred what I wanted to say, then I shall say what I came here to say... My Dark Souls has just arrived in-house. Living in NZ, we get the games first if they have a same day release world-wide, we get them first because of the time-zone...Oh the joy :)
0 Kudos

/16

procion

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
procion
Accepted Solution
Addendum: I even paragraphed my preceding post and it's all been shunted up into one paragraph, so meh, what you gonna do... The paragraphing works on other sites so why not here. Not my fault m8.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

el-ve

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
el-ve
Accepted Solution

mine will be arriving tomorrow, wether i'll get to play remains to be seen, but i had to order the day 1 limited edition as i've enjoyed my demon's souls one so much!

EDIT: can't see those paragraphs!!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Rebmahc

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rebmahc
Accepted Solution

For me, Uncharted was the best game i had ever played this generation, that was until Demons Souls arrived. Played it through 3 times and still couldnt get enough. Infuriating at first, but now i have to say Demons Souls is for me, the greatest game of this generation. Dark Souls by all accounts, is surpassing it. It is my most anticipated game since i can remember.

0 Kudos

Alan Sig
/16

pager99

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pager99
Accepted Solution
@Arsenalmark how u beat the butterfly demon my shield doesnt work,to beat the kapra demon use stairs jump down and when he falls down attack rinse repeat
0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
I would also like to know how you beat the butterfly. The only thing I can think of is if I try and use a bow and arrow and try and dodge its shots.
0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Just killed the gargoyles but I had some help. Some knight I met just before the bridge with the dragon on was there waiting to help me.

Edit: Now killed the butterfly am on a roll.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Try to stand in front of the butterfly, whenever it fires an attack at you roll out the way, you should be able to to time it well.

Eventually it will come down for a rest, 2 wield sword and smash it up, it took me 2 rounds of to beat it

Edit: Beat the Capra Demon! First few seconds are really hard compared to the rest, I bought Soul Arrow and equipped the mage stuff, dodged to the right, ran up the stairs, smashed the dogs, and sat in the corner of the little ledge that the stairs lead too, he can hit you, but not much, if he manages to walk up to you, you can just jump down and run back up.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Found a guy who sells a bottomless box which let's you bank stuff at a bonfire :) He's in the Sewers, take the path on the right with the rat and slimes rather than the ones with the frogs.

I also got cursed by the frog fog and got Demons Souls style half health until I can cure it :(

Edit: Got demolished by the Gaping Dragon :P

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

Hmmm am having a bit of trouble finding someone. So I have defeated a few bosses now including them gargoyles. I freed the guy in the gold armour in the church. He is suppose to go back to get very first bonfire. But I can't find him I can here him snoring but I can't find him. Any ideas? Also I found a way to get to the crows nest but there is noting in there. It gives you a option to curl up like a ball. But noting happens. Unsure what to do now. Bought my self a catalyst and a soul arrow. Unsure where to go now. 

O I found some fat guy by the church who wants the gates open. Not sure how to open them for him as of yet.

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

Hmmm am having a bit of trouble finding someone. So I have defeated a few bosses now including them gargoyles. I freed the guy in the gold armour in the church. He is suppose to go back to get very first bonfire. But I can't find him I can here him snoring but I can't find him. Any ideas? Also I found a way to get to the crows nest but there is noting in there. It gives you a option to curl up like a ball. But noting happens. Unsure what to do now. Bought my self a catalyst and a soul arrow. Unsure where to go now. 

O I found some fat guy by the church who wants the gates open. Not sure how to open them for him as of yet.

Venturing into the Sewers seems to be the best option for me atm, I think I'm near the same spot as you, be aware of the Frog fog though, as I said it kills you and gives you a curse which limits you to half health and I have no idea how to cure it yet.

Atm, I'm just farming souls and buying stuff, BUY THE REPAIR BOX FOR 2000 SOULS. It let's you repair stuff in exchange for souls! I was afraid my Drake Sword was gonna go pop soon as it was at less than 100 durability, got the Repair Box and repaired it for 700 souls :D

The gold guy is downstairs by the women who reinforces Estus Flask for me.

I'm gonna go back to the Asylum where you started soon and beat the Stray demon

0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
You can go back there? How?
0 Kudos

/16

slimjim2097

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
slimjim2097
Accepted Solution

if you curl up in a ball in the nest that bird takes you after a while

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
Wow, Gaping Demon is the easiest boss in the game, extremely basic kiting, didn't get hit once.
0 Kudos

/16

ocelot07

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution
I went back to try and kill that red dragon. His tail has magically reattached its self. Got its health down half way before I ran out of arrows. But I did manage to trick it and run past it to get to that bonfire and opened a gate.
0 Kudos

/16

slimjim2097

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
slimjim2097
Accepted Solution

@ArsenalMark there is a guy who sells cure to curse near that bell you have to ring

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

slimjim2097 wrote:

@ArsenalMark there is a guy who sells cure to curse near that bell you have to ring

Yeah I got cured :D

Finished up the Swamps, unlocked the Pyromancer, and ventured into Blight Town, reaaaallly annoying toxic poison. I fought my way to the first bonfire down there and forgot to activate it -_-

Probably done for a few hours now :D

0 Kudos

/16

kevj25LFC

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kevj25LFC