Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Does Dark Souls have Save File protection?

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

When I realised my data would remain vunerable I stopped playing Demon's Souls. 

Buying a game that I do not play is (to me) a waste of money.

LOL why not play it until if and when your data corrupts, and then stop playing? Sounds like you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot to me.

I see your point, but as I see things, the further amount of time I invest into the game, the more there is to loose. 

Playstation Plus is one alternative but is auguably less sustainable than flash storage since you are merely renting the space at Sony's discretion and expense. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22 (2,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Does Dark Souls have Save File protection?

Expanse_ wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

When I realised my data would remain vunerable I stopped playing Demon's Souls. 

Buying a game that I do not play is (to me) a waste of money.

LOL why not play it until if and when your data corrupts, and then stop playing? Sounds like you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot to me.

I see your point, but as I see things, the further amount of time I invest into the game, the more there is to loose. 

Playstation Plus is one alternative but is auguably less sustainable than flash storage since you are merely renting the space at Sony's discretion and expense. 

True, but spending money on a game then not playing it because of a potential rare future event makes little sense to me. Following that logic, there is no point ever buying a house because it may burn down one da