Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Does Dark Souls have Save File protection?

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

When I realised my data would remain vunerable I stopped playing Demon's Souls. 

Buying a game that I do not play is (to me) a waste of money.

LOL why not play it until if and when your data corrupts, and then stop playing? Sounds like you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot to me.

I see your point, but as I see things, the further amount of time I invest into the game, the more there is to loose. 

Playstation Plus is one alternative but is auguably less sustainable than flash storage since you are merely renting the space at Sony's discretion and expense. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22 (2,018 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Expanse_ wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

LOL why not play it until if and when your data corrupts, and then stop playing? Sounds like you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot to me.

I see your point, but as I see things, the further amount of time I invest into the game, the more there is to loose. 

Playstation Plus is one alternative but is auguably less sustainable than flash storage since you are merely renting the space at Sony's discretion and expense. 

True, but spending money on a game then not playing it because of a potential rare future event makes little sense to me. Following that logic, there is no point ever buying a house because it may burn down one day.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22 (2,014 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

Expanse_ wrote:

True, but spending money on a game then not playing it because of a potential rare future event makes little sense to me. Following that logic, there is no point ever buying a house because it may burn down one day.

That's an interesting analogy you've made there. It needs to be made more accurate though.

'A person buys a house. A little while later, the person realises the house cannot be insured. The person sells the house, refusing to live in it for this reason. The person rationalises that he/she owns other houses with insurance.'

What you're questioning is if it 'makes sense' for an individual to choose not to play a game because of a locked save file. You mention logic, so I'll say one could logically argue a single person is unlikely to make a great enough difference to server figures for this action to 'make sense'. Though following that logic no one would vote because no one's decision would matter. A world without matter seems less feasible to me than a pro-homelessness system of reasoning.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22 (1,944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Expanse_ wrote:

What you're questioning is if it 'makes sense' for an individual to choose not to play a game because of a locked save file. You mention logic, so I'll say one could logically argue a single person is unlikely to make a great enough difference to server figures for this action to 'make sense'. Though following that logic no one would vote because no one's decision would matter. A world without matter seems less feasible to me than a pro-homelessness system of reasoning.  

The sense bears no relation to server counts - that and the rest of the paragraph beyond that is irrelevant. It is the sense of denying yourself the fun of the game due to the potential for grief no matter how small. The sense extends no further than yourself.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22 (1,940 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

i got a good way through demons souls then got ylod, heart breaking,its the main reason i didn't buy dark souls, i try to avoid games with this type of copy protection now.Sony introduced online passes i can't see the reason why we should pay to backup our game saves with psn plus.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22 (1,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

That's unlucky, but the same goes for you... You're missing out on a great game, and why? On the off-chance that misfortune should strike twice? Makes no sense to me - following that logic I would never drive anywhere for fear of someone driving into me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22 (1,917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

well i picked it up cheap infinite states and im afraid your thoughts about this being a great game are a little exaggerated, you failed to mention the freezing issues when online, the terrible framerate throughout several parts of the game and the connection issues, it has cool ideas for a game but it lets itself down badly with the issues it has. My thoughts on not being allowed to make a backup for free of my game saves still remain the same, especially with how many hours you need to put into this game and how unreliable the ps3 has been.Its a great shame it suffers from the framerate problems especially as the game is not that great looking, i enjoyed the cutscene with him being pulled into the picture reminded me a lot of zelda lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22 (1,885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Oh well - it was a subjective opinion and I stand by it. I don't really remember any of those issues being a problem other the frame rate in the poison place (forget the name). I came in from Demon's Souls knowing pretty much what to expect and it didn't disappoint. Sorry it did for you. Trade it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22 (1,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

the only game i ever traded was medal of honour, ive read dark souls may be getting dlc and they are aware of the framerate issues so hopefully they'll fix it, 1.05 was supposed to fix the freezing issues but obviously didn't,il keep it and hope i dont ylod but since im on 2nd ps3 nephews on his 3rd and a mates on his fourth im doubtful, im pleased sony dont make cars

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22 (1,875 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

DLC is coming this winter.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22 (1,868 Views)
0 Kudos