Demon's Souls

10 Oct 2011
By: Symonator Beta Tester 6218 Posts
Level 7

Gravelord convenant is currently broken...

22 Replies 950 Views Created 10-10-2011

It seems on japanese videos they have a trinket to activate the abilty of the gravelord here is the gravelord convenant and what it does (probably should read before u continue readin' this post)

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/gravelord-servant

The problem is on our version of the game it tells u to invoke the gravelord abilty using the eyes of death, however u can use these anyway if you are in the covenant or not.

According to some sources we should of had a soul sign to put down, this is not the case.

So at the moment it's worthless, look for something else.. you can join to get the swrod at least, but after that with broken servers at the moment, it's highly unlikely that anyone will invade u when you activate the eyes of death.

Also it is said that the eyes of death are not the gravelord ability according to japanese players... and comments in wiki forums,

:smileysad:

symonator.net

My Youtube:: 1080p Gaming
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (950 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Gravelord convenant is currently broken...

The sword look awesome though, that was the main reason I joined, I find myself wanting to use the sword even though it does a bit less damage than my current one! I am a sucker for good looks!

I think the best covenants to join if you want action are:

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/forest-hunter - for levels around 25 and up.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/blade-of-the-darkmoon - sounds fairly action packed but you wont get this until you get to anor londo

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/darkwraith - this is basically the invasion covenant, you will need to be almost done killing all the bosses before you can join this.

I am planning to go find the dragon one tonight just to get the trophy, and then I want to join the darkmoon one, sounds most appealing to me.

Gravelord one would be pretty awesome if it worked, hopefully we can get a fix.

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (941 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I rolled a cleric so I started with the 'Way of White' covenant. I'm liking the stats on the Gravelord sword as it's certainly an upgrade to the Drake Sword. What happens if you switch covenants?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (935 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Mekismo wrote:

I rolled a cleric so I started with the 'Way of White' covenant. I'm liking the stats on the Gravelord sword as it's certainly an upgrade to the Drake Sword. What happens if you switch covenants?

No idea, I will try it tonight and let you know. I would imagine you will get to keep the sword though.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (932 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

yeah the issue with the blade of the ddarkmoon is u require patches the hyena to learn the kneel gesture.

However he doesn't move from the tomb of the giants until u beat nito, but to beat nito u need to get the lordsvessel (which also unlocks the bosss fog and allows teleportation between fires)... so u wud have to go through tha ruins a few times, it's a bit of a headache because those ghosts gang up on you and if your curse runs out, they attack u and don't have enough time to re-apply it.

I think i am going to attempt the four kings next, i watched the boss fight on youtube... wow.. epic boss is epic.

symonator.net

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

Symonator wrote:

yeah the issue with the blade of the ddarkmoon is u require patches the hyena to learn the kneel gesture.

However he doesn't move from the tomb of the giants until u beat nito, but to beat nito u need to get the lordsvessel (which also unlocks the bosss fog and allows teleportation between fires)... so u wud have to go through tha ruins a few times, it's a bit of a headache because those ghosts gang up on you and if your curse runs out, they attack u and don't have enough time to re-apply it.

I think i am going to attempt the four kings next, i watched the boss fight on youtube... wow.. epic boss is epic.

Dear god, that is brutal. I was in the tomb of the giants after the catacombs last night and its that dark in there I just could not be bothered.

Is there any covenent that is not a complete pain to join that allows you to actually do PvP?

Its a bit of a shame they tied it all to covenants but only to ones that are so late in the game many people will have made decisions already that mean they can't even join.

EDIT:

Can't you use the ring that you get from killing greywolf sif to be able to kill the ghosts?

Or you could just go and get cursed and do it at half health.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (924 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Yes i know what ya mean.

Half the decsions you make effect many things without knowing it.

Thank god for the wiki.

It might be worth getting the lordsvessel first, then teleporting to the boss fog in demons ruins right next to nito.

Kill him then let patches move to the shrine, then  teleport to a lit bonfire in the ruins- however i think that the vessel needs to be lit by that serpent, so if so.. u can''t do that or else u can't join the covenant as it states not to talk to him and if u want to teleport u need to get it lit for it to work via the serpent.. it's all to much lol/

P.s

I've got transient curse stones so they work on the ghosts.. but them ghosts spam you at one point in a very narrow corridor, it's a little tough.

symonator.net

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (919 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

i think i am going to do this:

1. You must defeat the four kings BEFORE obtaining the Lordvessel. If you don't you will not be able to join Darkwraith for the rest of the current playthrough.
2. Kill Ingrid to receive the key to open the door to The Abyss.3. Entering The Abyss starts the battle against the Four Kings. Defeat them to proceed.
4. Speak to Kingseeker Framp, the primordial serpent, at Firelink Shrine. You will have the option to Enter Covenant.

I'm gunna farm the humanity now, then start heading over there, it's full of pvp invaders, but i am going to need help so.. i have no choice lol.

I'll put my fog ring on when someone invades, stop them locking onto me at least.

symonator.net

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (914 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I just defeated Pinwheel at the bottom of the catacombs, but died at the same time. I got the Rite of Kindling but according to wiki I should of got 1 of 3 masks, which i don't seem to of. Is this item important?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (904 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Symonator wrote:

i think i am going to do this:

1. You must defeat the four kings BEFORE obtaining the Lordvessel. If you don't you will not be able to join Darkwraith for the rest of the current playthrough.
2. Kill Ingrid to receive the key to open the door to The Abyss.3. Entering The Abyss starts the battle against the Four Kings. Defeat them to proceed.
4. Speak to Kingseeker Framp, the primordial serpent, at Firelink Shrine. You will have the option to Enter Covenant.

I'm gunna farm the humanity now, then start heading over there, it's full of pvp invaders, but i am going to need help so.. i have no choice lol.

I'll put my fog ring on when someone invades, stop them locking onto me at least.

Do join the darkmoon blade you do NOT need to learn the kneel gesture, you just wear the seance ring at the second bonfire and the statue vanishes, then you just walk down to the alter bit, do NOT enter the fog, and on the ground is the option to kneel.

I have my ring that they summon me with now and my blue eye invasion orb, I have been trying to invade but its failed every time so far!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (848 Views)
0 Kudos