Demon's Souls

Level 3

Re: I didn't give Demon's Souls a chance!

I think the biggest problem with Demon's Souls is the ppl who say it is hard, especially the reviewers. Once played in the way intended the game becomes fairly easy. Caution is the key and co-op rules the game.

If u play the game in a bullheaded fashion u r going to die and die alot. But if u take the time to explore and learn the levels you will realise that there arent that many enemies and most of the deaths u encounter are cheap deaths (falling down a hole or an ambush).

If u can't kill a boss lay down ur summon stone and get summoned into some1 else's world. There u will learn the lay of land, learn strategies from other players and best of all if u die u don't loose the souls u have earnt. Once u have learnt how to get to and kill the boss either attempt it on your own or become human/return to life and summon other players into your world to help you and Hey Presto the game becomes so much easier.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 54 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I just loaned this game from the local library. I've heard a lot of people comment that this game was harder than Dark Souls but I can only imagine if you get used to one you should be able to play the other. So far I'm finding this game pretty easy going. I think the enemies are less aggressive and easier to get behind. Their moves aren't even too dissimilar.

Another thing I've noticed is the controls are a bit less responsive. You notice it especially when rolling.

I'll see how it goes as I get deeper but I'm finding it hard to agree with the purists that this is the better game. Dark Souls seems to have improved on this in every way.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 54 (277 Views)
Level 5

Slightly off topic but this isn't really new thread worthy:

http://kotaku.com/demon.s-souls/

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 54 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Article wrote:

How did Yoshida miss the boat? He says differences in development between Japan and North America produced an early version of the game that looked nothing like its finished state.

LOL b*ll*cks... he just didn't like it. It's not for everyone, but if it's your job to make territorial level decisions, it would at least make sense to get several opinions...

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 54 (259 Views)
0 Kudos