21 Dec 2009
Playstation Staff

So what Comic Are you Reading

8 Replies 1,798 Views Created 21-12-2009

So what comic are you currently interested in the new Digital Comic book store?

For me at the moment im really interested in the Warrior Section even though ive read it a thousand times still keeps me interessted! I really want the other parts on the Store soon!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (1,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: So what Comic Are you Reading

At the minute I'm reading Marvel's Runaway's which really seems to be the only Marvel book on the store that I'm really enjoying. On issue 7 of Runaways so I've get plenty left to read there.

Also I just now finished reading all the current 2000AD Prog's that launched with the store, so I'm now hoping they will add more with this which store update, which I believe is going to happen tomorrow?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (1,787 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I current reading that Incredible Hulk one; "World War Hulk".  Its been so long since i've had access to really good yet reasonably priced comics, and this one is one of the best I've read in a long time. I've also par-taked in the Aleister "Arcane" comics, they are okay as well

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (1,782 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Well I'm currently reading GREEN LANTERN : NO FEAR  and THE INCREDIBLE HULK : TEPEST FUGIT.

I've also recently finished reading BATMAN/SUPERMAN : PUBLIC ENEMIES & ASTONISHING TALES.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (1,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I recently just finished reading Marvel's Infinite Gauntlet. Read The Road (kinda iffy on that one)

In print, I just finished the Astonshing X-men story arc (had to buy in print since it seemed they were never coming to the store...and after reading half the story that was on the store, I couldn't wait any longer lol).

I also have been reading Superman:Grounded (also in print, the free one up on the store got me interested, and since DC isn't putting anymore up, I've been buying those in print, loving that story).

Also just finished a trade I bought "Green Arrow/Black Canary: For better or worse" while i was at the store buying the others.

So that's what I've been reading in the last few days. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (1,582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have thoroughly enjoyed Bone, great colouring. Loved the JSA and can't wait for more, Thy Kingdom Come is just around the corner.

But currenlty I'm reading Sandman, love the series anyway but to have it from the word go, yep I'm up for the long run.

And on the traditional side I've just picked up Ultimate Avengers TPB vol 2.

EMPHIER
Smile with honour
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (1,551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Digitally some of the new series I've started reading recently have been Birds of Prey which is started from #1 of the very good Gail Simone run on that series. Really well worth checking out as it's an excellent superhero comic, and if your a Batman fan then you have even more reason to check it out because it part of the Batman family of books from DC.

Another one that I've been reading is IDW's re-issue of J. Scott Campbell's Danger Girl which was originally published by Wildstorm. I checked it out thanks to the free issue and I'm rather enjoying it, it's basically a James Bond comic, but instead of 007, it's about a group of scantily-clad female secret agents. It doesn't really try to take itself seriously, it's just a good fun spy comic.

The final one that I'll mention is Marvel's adaptation of Raymond E. Feist's Magician which is a fantastic fantasy novel. Really should be as well known as the Lord of the Rings if you ask me. This series was original started by the Dabel Brothers before they ran into money issues and Marvel took full control of the series. The adaptation of the story is pretty well done and I would say it's worth reading if you have already read the novel, and if you haven't read the novel then this would be a pretty easy way to check it out. If you want a fantasy story, it's one you should check out. 

As far as my print reading goes, I've been reading through all the comics I picked up while I was at the British International Comics Show a few weeks ago. One that we might see on PSN, is Faster Than Light (FTL) from Orang Utan Comics. It's a really good anthology book from the guys that did the Eleventh Hour anthology so I'm hoping that Orang Utan Comics connection with Markosia  will mean we get to see FTL on the store.

The other one's I've been reading over the last couple of day's have been the European comics that I bought from Cinebook at BICS. Green Manor, Thorgal and Insiders. All of them are beautifully drawn and written, and printed in that fantastic European graphic album format with like 60-90 pages, done in A4 and with an actual spine to the book! Personally for me, if I'm going to read comics in print, that's the format I want them in, not that cheap feeling American floppy standard. Hopefully we see some European comics on PSN soon though, as the sort of nice clean, simple layouts they tend to use should translate really well to the digital format.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (1,446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I'm finally getting round to reading PLANET HULK, a title I've been wanting to read for a while but just haven't got round to doing so yet. Hope it's worth the hype.

I've also started the TRUE BLOOD series by IDW as I absolutely love the show and the original Sookie Stackhouse novels as well.

And last but by no means least is GREEN LANTERN CORPS RECHARGE, another series I've been wanting to read for a while that has just started on the service.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (1,223 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Just finished Robots Vs. Zombies. Probably gonna start Hero 9 to 5 and RASL on Wednesday.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (985 Views)
0 Kudos