06 Nov 2012
Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

F1 Race Stars Q&A with Codemasters

[ Edited ]
30 Replies 1,867 Views edited 06-11-2012
racestars.jpg

Buckle up for a fresh take on FORMULA ONE™ racing that the family can enjoy together.

• Choose from all the official FORUMLA ONE teams and cars as you speed through loop-the-loops, short cuts and jumps.
  • Collect and use crazy power-ups to race to the front of the grid.
  • Share the fun with friends and family on one PS3 system and via PlayStation Network.

F1 Race Stars will be released on 16th November but in the meantime you can pick up the demo from the PSN Store and give it a go.

Codemasters have been kind enough to welcome any questions you desire to ask them in regards to F1 Race Stars, so download the demo and give it a try, and come back and post in this thread once you have figured out what to ask.

You can post as many questions as you like but make sure you get your questions in before the deadline 14/11/12.

Any answers to the questions will be posted here once I recieve them all and Codemasters will also pick what they perceive as having the "best question" to win F1 Race Stars for the PlayStation 3 signed by some of the Codemasters team!

What do you need to do:

• Post in this thread, asking a question you would like Codemasters to answer in regards to F1 Race Stars.
  • Post as many questions as you desire.

What do you win:

• The best question chosen by Codemasters will win a signed F1 Race Stars game for the PlayStation 3.

Specific Rules for F1 Race Stars Q&A with Codemasters:

Spoiler
  1. This promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.

2.  Users must post a question relating to F1 Race Stars in the competition thread for Codemasters to answer.  The best question chosen by Codemasters will win a signed copy of the F1 Race Stars game for the PlayStation 3.

1. To enter this promotion, entrants must:

(i)            Go to the English language  forum  at http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/English-Forums

(ii)           Click on the competition thread “F1 Race Stars Q&A with Codemasters” in the F1 board;

(iii)          Sign in to their PlayStation®Network (PSN Account), or if they don’t already have one, create and sign in to a PSN Account;

(iv)         Reply in the competition posting your question you would like Codemasters to answer.  The best question voted by Codemasters will win the F1 Race Stars game.

1. Registration for PSN is subject to acceptance of the PSN Terms of Service and User Agreement and PSN Privacy Policy.

1. The opening date is 07/11/12 and the closing date is 14/11/12.

1. Entries must conform to the PlayStation Community House Rules,

1. Following the closing date, Codemasters will select 1 winner who they consider has submitted the most creative and original entry.

1. The prize for the winner is a signed F1 Race Stars gae. The value of the prize is approximately £45.00

1. The winnerwill be notified by e-mail within 2 weeks of the closing date and will be given 4 weeks to claim their prize.

1. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to dispatch the prize within 30 days of receipt of the entrant’s claim but the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are dispatched later than this period.

1. Prizes shall be sent by email or post to the address associated with the winner’s PSN Account.

1.  If the prize is found to be defective or damaged on delivery, the Promoter must be notified in writing within 7 days of the delivery date, otherwise the prize will be deemed to be accepted as delivered. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any).  

1. The Promoter shall publish the winner’s PSN online ID and country of residence on its website. Entries may remain on the competition thread within the Forum at the Promoter’s discretion.

1. General Rules apply to this promotion.  Please click here to view the General Rules.

1.  The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street London W1F 7LP, United Kingdom

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (1,867 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: F1 Race Stars Q&A with Codemasters

Is there a LAN mode for localised tournaments of more than 4 people?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (1,754 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hello Codemasters, How's life on the racetrack? 

• What was your favourite part of the entire development process? when did you have the most fun?
  • How and when did you come up with the visual style of all the race drivers? (which is awesome btw)
  • You're obviosly all big fans of racing in general, that's one of the things codemasters in known for-making excellent racing games, What i want to know is who in the CM office is the best and worst drivers and what cars do you all own?

Keep up the good work!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (1,753 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hi
With the F1 season ending in about 2-3 weeks, Will there be any updates for the game that changes the drivers/teams etc
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (1,738 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Looking forward to trying the demo out latest today.

My questions are:

1. Will there be a day one patch? (I ask because there seems to be a lot of this recently, and for those who don't have access to internet, could be left with a broken game.)

2. When playing local multiplayer, is it possible for player 2/3/4 to use there own account on the PS3 and have there online stats updated...or would it only update the player that is logged into the PSN. (I'm not actually sure if this is possible on any game to be honest, but though I'd ask anyway).

3. When deciding to make this game, did you get your ideas from Mario Kart or another similar game?
------------------------------O------------------------------
Male, 36, Lincolnshire, UK
Currently playing - Warframe & Killzone: Shadow Fall (100%)
WWW.LMZF.COM - A Mature Gaming Community For Over 30's (Registration Open)

------------------------------O------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (1,733 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Was there any F1 driver who wasn't happy with their image as a cartoon character, forcing you to make changes? If so who and what did you need to change?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (1,727 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The kart racing genre is quite a crowded one at the moment, what makes yours stand out from the crowd?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (1,660 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

1: Do you think race stars could be a good way to get more younger people interested in the sport itself?
2: Do you have any plans for DLC add on packs for classic cars & drivers as well as circuits?
3: Is there a safety car?:BigGrin:

4: Do you think you could teach hermann tilke a thing or two now you've got your teeth into a bit of track design?

photo a0739668-2a6e-4e93-9ee7-b928c951013a_zpscd9ba8f7.jpg
http://www.buttonshut.com/http://www.buttonshut.com/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (1,566 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Here are a few Questions:

1) Whats the reason for making a cartoony F1 game ?

2) Which track is your favourite ?

3) Will there be a powerup for Romain Grosjean where he can take out drivers in the 1st corner ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (1,542 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

After playing the demo, I have one small criticism which immediately stood out.

Go-karts are centred round a short & tight track, whereas F1 long and fast. The German level seemed too long and boring for my liking for a go-kart game, with me either being way out in front on my own feeling bored, or chasing someone else out in front on their own.

Q. Are all the other tracks like this, if so is there any way to combat this ie shorten the tracks or make the karts a little faster? (it really did put me off the game somewhat :smileysad:).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (1,501 Views)
0 Kudos