Thanks TP, and now we have reached Feb 14th so it's time for the next big look!
Let's start of with talking about the variety of events in Grid 2.
Well, GRID isn’t a driving game, it’s a racing game. It’s an important distinction. So it goes without saying that one of the game modes within GRID 2 will be Race. You know the deal, start fast, finish first and take home the glory.
Eliminator is a constant fight for position. As the event unfolds, any racer that is in last position when the time runs out is eliminated from the race and the winner is the racer who survives all eliminations. Keep up with the pack or you’re all but guaranteed to be eliminated, but careful as you trade paint with your competitors as one false move can have catastrophic results…
Checkpoint is all about how you handle under pressure as you aim to cover as much distance before the timer expires. You’ll only have a limited time to make it to the next checkpoint so you’ll be expected to hit the apexes and find the right braking points to shave precious seconds off your time.
Variety is the name of the game when it comes to the racing locations in GRID 2. With three broad stages of racing – Street Racing, Track Racing and Open Road Racing. You’ll be pleased to know Codemasters have recently confirmed the addition of two new circuits, Brands Hatch and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, two famous motorsport Meccas which join the previously announced Red Bull Ring and Yas Marina.
Away from these tracks you’ll be able to race around cities such as Chicago, Paris and Barcelona as well as being able to take to the road along the California Coast.
Still to come
We’re hurtling down the track and that May 31st release date is getting ever closer. Fear not though, because between now and then we’ve still got lots of exciting news left to share with you all. We’ve got new locations to reveal, new cars and game features… and we’ll have a whole loads of videos coming too.
Patrick Callahan outlines his plans for a new motorsports series and introduces players to two key racing clubs he needs to recruit as in-game footage showcases some of GRID 2's American locations, including Street Racing in Chicago, Track Racing at the legendary Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Road Racing at the dramatic California Coast. It's Callahan's intention to bring the best drivers from different disciplines and styles from all over the world together to compete in one unified league and find the ultimate driving superstar. But to set up a new motorsports series, and get the rewards he craves, he needs a star.
It was great, I especially liked the drift Nothing like some close contact touring car racing around europe though, not ramming but some nice little touches in the rear which you return the favour of on the next corner
If you have an xbox the servers are still on I think.
I have an Xbox but I don't have it online.
Trophy list, raw though, no mention on whats a bronze etc, 50 trophies in total though
- Here's My Number, Call Me Maybe? - You returned Callahan's call and became his poster boy for the World Series of Racing.
- That New Showroom Smell - Having wowed the crowds in America, it's time to upgrade your digs.
- Oriental Express - Look out Asia, here we come.
- Going Global - The WSR goes from regional to global thanks to your impressive form.
- Even Balboa Had a Montage - The WSR is so big now that it's even getting montages on TV. You've made it to the big time!
- The World's Greatest - Congratulations, you have become the ultimate WSR champion. What an investment!
- T3XT M3SSAG1NG I5 GR8 - Thanks to you, the WSR is now the talk of the town.
- Internet Famous - The message boards are alight with the talk of the WSR's increasing popularity.
- Clubbed to Death - That's it, folks. The club format is behind you, it's all about the leagues now. Good luck!
- Toca Juniors No More - You got your first taste of a Super Touring Car and never looked back.
- Imma Let You Finish - You amassed more fans than Taylor Swift has Twitter followers. That's 23.5 million, by the way.
- Touge Fast, Touge Furious - You shutout an opponent in a career Touge event.
- C-C-C-Combo Maker - You reached the maximum multiplier in an Overtake event.
- All Night Long - Take part in and complete an online Endurance race.
- Pinball Wizard - You traded paint with every competitor during one offline race and still won the race.
- Mo Money, No Problems - You've gone above and beyond the call of duty and completed 5 career sponsor objectives.
- Vanishing Point - You've won a race in a white Dodge Challenger but lived to tell the tale, unlike Kowalski.
- Rocket Manski - You've driven faster than a Russian torpedo, which incidentally is 230 mph.
- Sellout - You've got one thing on your mind, money, and completed 20 career sponsor objectives.
- One For The Team - You've completed an individual Global Challenge goal and ultimately helped the community.
- A Different Class - You've upgraded a car and bumped it to 'Upgraded' class.
- Ring Master - You finished 5 seconds ahead of the target time in a Vehicle Challenge on the Red Bull Ring.
- Tokyo Drift - You scored 30,000 drift points in Okutama in a Mazda RX-7 TYPE RZ or a NISMO R34T-R Z-TUNE.
- Shaken, Not Stirred - You rolled a car at least 7 times and landed on its wheels, just like Bond did.
- Keep Your Friends Close... - ... and your enemies even closer, by becoming friends with an online rival.
- You rOCDed! - You finished first in every career event, during season play and/or via the timeline.
- Dipping Your Toes - Reach level 10 online and open up a new world of possibilities.
- Social Butterfly - Take part in an online playlist and stick around for at least 5 races.
- Sideways Shenanigans - You performed a 100m drift.
- Could It Be Magic? - You beat all of the Club Prestige drivers.
- Master Racer - You won a race on the hardest difficulty without using Flashbacks.
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - You won a race in an upgraded car.
- A Vision of What's to Come - You won a Career Promo Event.
- Beginner's Luck - You set the fastest time on the first lap of a Time Attack event.
- Remember Me? - You lapped a competitor.
- Eat It! - You won the first round of a Touge event using the 5 second rule.
- Making My Way Down Town - You've driven more than 1,000 miles (1,610km).
- Pedal to the Medal - You won a race without using the brakes.
- SWAGtastic! - You beat the target time in a Vehicle Challenge.
- Global Domination - You won a week of Global Challenge.
- California Dreaming - You completed California Big Sur in under 4 minutes.
- Jack of All Trades - You've competed in all race types.
- Natural Ability - You beat an upgraded car with a stock car in an online race.
- The Artist - You've created 5 custom livery designs.
- Quantum Leap - You repeated an event using the Timeline.
- Gone in 60 Seconds - You completed a lap of Chicago Riverside driving the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in less than 60 seconds.
- Harlem Globeshaker - You raced at every city and track at least once.
- Drifting Like a Boss - You've scored 5,000 points in a single drift.
- Flawless Victory - You've won an Overtake event making no contact with anything.
- Winging It - You've won a LiveRoute event.