29 Nov 2008
Playstation Staff

Midnight Club: Los Angeles Major Freezing Problems

62 Replies 11,245 Views Created 29-11-2008

When returning to cruise or exiting a menu my PS3 freezes / locks up and I have no idea but to hold down the power button and restart.

is it a programming bug / error? I exchanged the disc and got a new one and it still freezes, there are no scratches on the disc and my PS3 is very well ventilated. I'm waiting for the next game patch (maybe it will fix the bug). I can still race perfectly, just freezes after every race and sometimes I get sandy / blurry road and textures. Its only in this game that has problems, every other game is fine, one or two lock ups but mainly fine.

Need help / advice quick please!!! I love this game, its a shame it just freezes a lot.

PS: I made a new save file and the freezing stopped, however when I go back to my main file the freezing happens and I'm not starting again, I'm already 57% complete. What happens if I make new save file and get up to 57 % and it starts freezing again that would be a waste.... :smileysad:

thank you plz help me.....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 63 (11,245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Midnight Club: Los Angeles Major Freezing Problems

same here! and in game play freezes then starts then freezes then starts again. I dont play it no more.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 63 (11,214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

same PS3 freezes all the time with this game.... hope it gtes fixed soon with a game update. heaps of epople have the same problem.... rockstar screwed up the game when it came out.....not sure about the 360 version if it works fine? but the Ps3 version is screwed......

although it freezes its still a great game! Hope rockstar reads this and fixes it with an update!

ROCKSTAR do something, i rang playstation 3 support but they were little help, they said to change the disc, i got a new one, did nothing, still freezes like theres no tomorow! :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad: never used to do it when i first got the game. i'm 57 % complete and it keeps freezing, my friend has same game and he saids it works fine....... i'm so confused i have 40 gb model and he has 60 gb model.....FIX this game ROCKSTAR!!!! U HAVE TO!!!! MIDNIGHT CLUB 3 dub edtion never froze on PS2....:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 63 (11,206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm in the exact same situation as you! Only difference is that i soldiered on till beating the City Champ. I then went on to beat the Tuner & Exotic Champs but the game froze after both and i didn't get my trophies! :smileysad: I was not amused to say the least.

I have started a new game save and no issues so far (53%), but tbh i'm expecting the worst. Really dissapointing. I have the 60Gb so it's nothing to do with that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 63 (11,173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Midnight club froze and broke my PS3 a few weeks ago. Not played it since. I was at 68% and flying through it. Gutted. Now i'm too scared to play it again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 63 (11,170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i got this game the other week i had no problem playing it all last week, but when i played it today all it done was froze after finishing the race hope it gets fixed soon as its a great game!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 63 (11,157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah its so frustrating when the game freezes, after every race i have to restart my PS3 to keep playing. This game is seriously bug/glitched. maybe it has a virus lol..... its a programming error, how long does it take for rockstar to know that their game is stuffed??? can't they release a new update over night or something???? or does it only happen to some people??, when i play online i ask other epople if it freezes and they say yes....does it freeze with the 360? maybe rockstar stuffed up the programming cause the PS3 is more complex than the 360?? any thoughts>>>

by the way i keeping this game casue its really fun when u play it. I always end up coming first the whole race and then on last turn i always stuff them up and i come last lol so annoying and then it freezes.....:smileysad: COD4 works fine on my PS3, MCLA is challenaging, I like it when i win feel so good inside.....but i hate when it freezes after every race and the texture loading lag looks alful for a game this good. Maybe cause theres no loading screens (although the start it loads) rockstart took shortcuts to make it load quicker, i rather have longer load times then have a freezing messed up game that is barely playable. sometimes cars pop out of no where and i hit nothing and then the car comes 5 sec later lol......this game is still in its development stage....how did it get past all the testers and reviews. i google this problem but i only get very few sites about this problem......>>>>   

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 63 (11,135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I feel your pain with this one mate, really hope it's ok this time around.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 63 (11,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Great, I just ordered this game as well!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 63 (11,098 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sherif I haven't had any problems like this at all mate, great game!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 63 (11,093 Views)
0 Kudos