27 Jun 2012
By: WinnieP Member 6,670 Posts
Level 5

Showdown's School Report

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 297 Views edited 27-06-2012

Sorry didn't know what to call it.. :Confused:

Basically its to vent your Dirt Showdown issues or to make positive suggestions... :Angel:

(for dirt showdown and possible new dirt games)

Its sort of inspired by TAKE-AWAY's having no-where to write about his gripe with people leaving cars on track for xp whilst clearly not playing (which although IS quite annoying and sad, gives us players who enjoy playing extra XP for the wins doesn't it..? , and I've had a few little issues that I didn't previously feel warranted a whole thread for...

So any ideas and anything to improve or report about Dirt Showdown (patch wise).

Or anything BIG for a future Dirt "showdown" or even a future 'propa' DIRT (McRae style real Rallying)

I'll start things off then: I'll keep em short n argue them later (if anyone wants to) and possibly add more, when I can remember them...

• Bring Spanky back as an audio name (this is the most important :smileywink:)

• Don't give XP points to DNF results

• Keep the online stats on their servers

• Bring back 'Cat n Mouse' & 'infection/zombie' (tig) Online mode

• Improve racenet.

Mine has only worked at game bootup about 3 times, I always have to 'extras racenet' etc. Then what are 'we' actually meant to do with their info stats(?), its not like it gives us 'friends' info anyway.

• Stop the freezing

In single player mode I've had mine freeze up for a second lots... (never online BUT SINGLE player???)

• Let us set up tournaments in private online

eg Set frequency of events types, laps, minutes, top score finish, and keep a rolling score board for set amount of events etc etc

• Bring back 'the rally'

Why cant we have a 'showdown' & a 'rally' rally game. Codies have the F1 Licence so why not shake more hands at the FIA and get the WRC one..?

I had apprehensions about the 'showdown' route codemasters were going down but Showdown is FUN!!

If you liked the party games in D3 then this is for you.

I have loved codies since the days of ZX spectrum (dizzy) n Megadrive (micromachines ROCKED (2player cartridge was genious)) and wouldn't like this to turn into a 'bash the devs thread' but hell I have no control over what you guys wana complain about, and wouldn't want to...........:Thumbs:

photo hrh_zps79f078c0.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Re: Showdown's School Report

rally will be back in DiRT 4, thats why they've done the showdown spin off.

Its quiet daft they didn't include cat n mouse and infection, 2 game modes mainly about crashing in to people :smileyvery-happy:

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Quite disappointed with the lack of functionality that Racenet provides. Needs to be improved big time to get near anything like Autolog or whatnot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Online progress should be stored on the servers and not the save file. :Argh:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

TalllPaul wrote:
Quite disappointed with the lack of functionality that Racenet provides. Needs to be improved big time to get near anything like Autolog or whatnot.

wait till Autolog 2 :smileysurprised: ooooooooooh

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Back again,

First off my racenet connection has improved massively. As soon as i have hit the auto save 'ok' racenet loads and starts giving me info.

Its still lacking loads in functionality though!

I'm finally getting challenges coming in (with out the "challenge download failed", although i have friends who are still getting this message)

Still needs to try harder, and pay attention in class.:No-no:

I feel the challenge bit could work really well with the "rally" stages of dirt4. Imagine beating seb, only to find your mate can do it 0.7 faster in a long stage.

The 'I've' finished' single player and XP/credits that come from repeating said 'single player' would carry over to your Profile, that the multiplayer could also feed into. And give us something to earn or a special purchase to get etc.

Also

More for a future showdown or for the rally-cross etc (dirt4)

Can we have XMB music?

Edit:

Oh and has anyone else had/having the 'miss hit' in games like knockout, transporter etc?

Ive hit cars 1 on 1 with boost, side on and no points have been rewarded or touched / smashed 1:1 with a flag carrier and it hasn't passed across...? :Confused:

Uw uw... IF they have the caravan / trailer menus, as previous dirts & F1s maybe...... they could have a console or arcade machine for us to play 8-16bit multiplayer micro machines on........????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

Dissapointed with Racenet, not a lot of things in there, but I am still playing Dirt showdown quite a bit. Think it appeals more to Burnout fans rather than GT5 and Need for speed players. I'll get DIRT 4 when it comes out but think the have done a good job in seperating the franchise into two games.

There isn't a lot wrong with the games as it is , although I also dont like the music, Its a shame you cant use your own soundtrack as you can on GT5 and Burnout.

I think it could do with some DLC soon or it will become less popular pretty quickly. I would have liked to have seen some of the GRID street tracks brought back. Used to have great fun on those , but with the Grid servers having been closed down , we cant play around san fransisco etc. Would like to race again on these tracks perhaps using the 3 classes of vehicles in the new game.

Would also like to see if they could add things like Buses, HGVs, and cars pulling Caravans to the destruction events.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Cars pulling Caravans is a great shout!
8 balls would be fun :-)

Not sure how the reversing would work, for rampage etc...? But that could just add to the chaos ;-)

Hope the DLCs cheaper than last time (D3). Im kind of glad they have held off with the DLC so far.
It would be even better if they shook things up a bit, with free updates/patches. Ala GT5 (or even SSX)

Im still having alot of issues with downloads failed, and failed to send etc, with the challenges :Vampire:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I guess an online fan base level increase would keep players playing for longer say double the cap to level 60. Striving to get level 30 sure kept me playing.:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Does Racenet actually work on the PS3 version??

I have the game on 360 and everytime I load the game up Racenet never signs in lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Kudos