30 Mar 2012
By ansteye
Playstation Staff

ridge racer unbounded

13 Replies 381 Views Created 30-03-2012

anyone get this? struggling to get into a race with more than 3 people, and the last one had some guy on a mic going mental and at the end all i heard was "well what a ***** game" and then he left. and i totally agree with him lol.

im going to give it bit more chance later if not its going back.

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (381 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ridge racer unbounded

I'm still unsure whether to buy it or not
Old Gamer
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Well, i loved RR7, but this doesnt feel RR at all... its like a cross between Burnout (Fragging = Takedowns) and Split/Second (Can take alternate routes once power is built up). You still have the drifting, which is synonomis with the RR franchise, but i am not sure if i actually like this under the RR name. Its a good game, dont get me wrong, but it just isnt Ridge Racer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i take it all back im loving it, but ive only played online. looking for people to race with as im sure theres matchmaking issues. which ive tweeted them about and there investigating it. 

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Apparently there are issues with the online. I have only found one other person :/ And we raced together for a bit but got kinda bored lol. 

I would be up for racing with you guys :smileyhappy: 

Anyone finding getting 3 stars hard? I just drift into the wall and hope for the best lol. Only 3 starred the bottom 2 worlds and that was stressful. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (316 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah ive been in races with 6 people sometimes, after a few races they will all disconnect. but usually i can get into race with about 3 peops.

ive tweeted them they said there investigating and theres trouble trying to get everyone into the same match. so hopefully they will patch it....or probably not lol.

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I've hated Ridge Racer ever since I bought it on the N64 and discovered you can spin in circles and still go around a corner without hitting a wall. I've heard of player assists, but RR takes the biscuit.

However this latest one actually has my interest again. I might wait and see if it gets patched if it has online issues, else there's no point labouring over the track editor...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

I've hated Ridge Racer ever since I bought it on the N64 and discovered you can spin in circles and still go around a corner without hitting a wall. I've heard of player assists, but RR takes the biscuit.

However this latest one actually has my interest again. I might wait and see if it gets patched if it has online issues, else there's no point labouring over the track editor...

Best part of the game is it isn't Ridge Racer, it's FlatOut with drifting steroids. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (267 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

well give us an add anyone maybe could get an event night going on or something?

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I got the game and on the final battle bit. I am trying to get 3 stars to unlocked crinale car. Its not easy as I am getting 2 stars and It Is driving me up the wall now. But I will get there at the end.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (249 Views)
0 Kudos