80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Midnight Club: Los Angeles Major Freezing Problems

62 Replies 12,685 Views Created 29-11-2008

When returning to cruise or exiting a menu my PS3 freezes / locks up and I have no idea but to hold down the power button and restart.

is it a programming bug / error? I exchanged the disc and got a new one and it still freezes, there are no scratches on the disc and my PS3 is very well ventilated. I'm waiting for the next game patch (maybe it will fix the bug). I can still race perfectly, just freezes after every race and sometimes I get sandy / blurry road and textures. Its only in this game that has problems, every other game is fine, one or two lock ups but mainly fine.

Need help / advice quick please!!! I love this game, its a shame it just freezes a lot.

PS: I made a new save file and the freezing stopped, however when I go back to my main file the freezing happens and I'm not starting again, I'm already 57% complete. What happens if I make new save file and get up to 57 % and it starts freezing again that would be a waste.... :(

thank you plz help me.....:)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

jowett69

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jowett69
Accepted Solution

same here! and in game play freezes then starts then freezes then starts again. I dont play it no more.

0 Kudos

Re: Midnight Club: Los Angeles Major Freezing Problems

/16

DualShock73

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DualShock73
Accepted Solution

same PS3 freezes all the time with this game.... hope it gtes fixed soon with a game update. heaps of epople have the same problem.... rockstar screwed up the game when it came out.....not sure about the 360 version if it works fine? but the Ps3 version is screwed......

although it freezes its still a great game! Hope rockstar reads this and fixes it with an update!

ROCKSTAR do something, i rang playstation 3 support but they were little help, they said to change the disc, i got a new one, did nothing, still freezes like theres no tomorow! :(:(:(:(:( never used to do it when i first got the game. i'm 57 % complete and it keeps freezing, my friend has same game and he saids it works fine....... i'm so confused i have 40 gb model and he has 60 gb model.....FIX this game ROCKSTAR!!!! U HAVE TO!!!! MIDNIGHT CLUB 3 dub edtion never froze on PS2....:)

0 Kudos

/16

kez01

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kez01
Accepted Solution

I'm in the exact same situation as you! Only difference is that i soldiered on till beating the City Champ. I then went on to beat the Tuner & Exotic Champs but the game froze after both and i didn't get my trophies! :( I was not amused to say the least.

I have started a new game save and no issues so far (53%), but tbh i'm expecting the worst. Really dissapointing. I have the 60Gb so it's nothing to do with that.

0 Kudos

/16

Pieguts77

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pieguts77
Accepted Solution
Midnight club froze and broke my PS3 a few weeks ago. Not played it since. I was at 68% and flying through it. Gutted. Now i'm too scared to play it again.
0 Kudos

/16

xhighamx

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xhighamx
Accepted Solution
i got this game the other week i had no problem playing it all last week, but when i played it today all it done was froze after finishing the race hope it gets fixed soon as its a great game!
0 Kudos

/16

DualShock73

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DualShock73
Accepted Solution

Yeah its so frustrating when the game freezes, after every race i have to restart my PS3 to keep playing. This game is seriously bug/glitched. maybe it has a virus lol..... its a programming error, how long does it take for rockstar to know that their game is stuffed??? can't they release a new update over night or something???? or does it only happen to some people??, when i play online i ask other epople if it freezes and they say yes....does it freeze with the 360? maybe rockstar stuffed up the programming cause the PS3 is more complex than the 360?? any thoughts>>>

by the way i keeping this game casue its really fun when u play it. I always end up coming first the whole race and then on last turn i always stuff them up and i come last lol so annoying and then it freezes.....:( COD4 works fine on my PS3, MCLA is challenaging, I like it when i win feel so good inside.....but i hate when it freezes after every race and the texture loading lag looks alful for a game this good. Maybe cause theres no loading screens (although the start it loads) rockstart took shortcuts to make it load quicker, i rather have longer load times then have a freezing messed up game that is barely playable. sometimes cars pop out of no where and i hit nothing and then the car comes 5 sec later lol......this game is still in its development stage....how did it get past all the testers and reviews. i google this problem but i only get very few sites about this problem......>>>>   

0 Kudos

/16

kez01

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kez01
Accepted Solution
I feel your pain with this one mate, really hope it's ok this time around.
0 Kudos

/16

Sherif_129

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Sherif_129
Accepted Solution
Great, I just ordered this game as well!
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

EthaN2k7

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EthaN2k7
Accepted Solution
Sherif I haven't had any problems like this at all mate, great game!
0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LS_VTECH_DRIFTER
Accepted Solution

play station please fix the problems this is my all time favorite game i canged the disc and have a 160gb ps3 it freezes when i change cars or do a flip please fix the problems all my other games work really good but midnight club los angeles and i have the complete edition i had a problem with midnight club 3 for ps2 everytime i got a new one i put it in and it said the disc could not be read bought it 4 or 5 times and i had the ps2 slim

0 Kudos

/16

NIKE_17ELITE

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NIKE_17ELITE
Accepted Solution

Same Here it's sucks because this is my favorite game and the first month it was working fine. then after every race or so, it freezes. If any1 knows how to fix it plz update me plz. i wanna play this game again

0 Kudos

/16

Renegade-Snares

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Renegade-Snares
Accepted Solution

Now, I'm not going to suggest this is a fix for the freezing problem with this game, but so far it has worked for me....

My game was randomly freezing exactly the same as previous posters so I tried a few different things to see if it helped. What I did was...

1. (everytime before loading the game) Open up the internet browser and then delete cookies & also clear cache

2. Turned off the ingame music (I listen to music via the stereo anyway while playing so this was no loss!)

Could be just a coincidence, but since doing this my game has not frozen at all. Worth a try at the very least. Suppose folks could also try turning off the auto save function in game to see if that helps? If you do though, just remember to save manually before turning it off!

This is with a regular Slim console and the Complete platinum version of the game. Bet I'm tempting fate now with this post - watch it freeze the next time I play, lol!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ryu Hayabusa - Banner_Ninja.Gaiden.2_01.2 Pictures, Images and Photos

/16

kasey5471

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kasey5471
Accepted Solution
my game also freezes but your lucky that yours dont freeze
0 Kudos

/16

kez01

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kez01
Accepted Solution

It might be ok Sherif, i think only a minority are having these problems tbh.

You decided against nfs in the end i guess?

0 Kudos

/16

magski81

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
magski81
Accepted Solution
Dont worry,its not just the ps3 version the xbox360 version is the same,it used to freeze p on me all the time.Once i spent 2 hrs customising a car with some stickers (avenged sevenfold stuff) and the game froze up and crashed needless to say i didnt touch it again.Shame really because its a great game.
0 Kudos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playstation 3 80Gig/Duel Shock six axis controller
PSP Slim And Light
LG 32HRLX HD LCD TV
LG Surround Sound System
BT Homehub
BT Vision

PS3 Games:- Prince of Persia,Devil May Cry 4,Metal Gear Solid 4,Little big planet,Fifa 09,Resistance2

PSP Games:- LOTR Tactics,God Of War

Blu Ray:- Resident evil apocalypse,Independance Day,Cloverfield,The Crow,Transformers,Die Hard
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/16

py_skawl3r

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
py_skawl3r
Accepted Solution

yea... mine does this too.  i have the original 60gig backwards compatible one and it freezes quite a bit.  i wasn't sure if it was just my ps3 or not and i got a little scared.  at first i thought it might be a problem with my ps3 overheating or something.  but this freakin stinks!!!  midnight club is a great game, too bad i might not be able to race my friends online.  hope the problem gets fixed :(

it's more frustrating b/c there's a lot of ppl who don't have this problem... ugh.

Message Edited by py_skawl3r on 20-01-2009 07:24 AM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

BAZ1307

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution
Well I'm at 70%. :O
It's all working fine for me, how is that? Well I'm happy. :)
0 Kudos

/16

mahmood-zl1

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mahmood-zl1
Accepted Solution

i bought this game 2 days ago complete edition and it started freezing after a 2hour play and second day after a 30 minutes play,i wont play this game again[worried about my ps3] please rockstar fix this 

0 Kudos

/16

Wigster101

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wigster101
Accepted Solution

Sherif_129 wrote:
Great, I just ordered this game as well!

Cancel it, and get NFS: Undercover.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

/16

EthaN2k7

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EthaN2k7