03 Jul 2009
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

PSP Go processor more than 40% faster than the original

7 Replies 865 Views Created 03-07-2009

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/02/psp-go-processor-more-than-40-faster-than-original/

Thats over 40% more processing power, 42% lighter, around 50% smaller.

SOLD

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (865 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: PSP Go processor more than 40% faster than the original

How does the new processor compare to those found in today's smart phones such as the iPhone 3GS?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (858 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

they risk alienating the vast majority of their install base if they use it for anything game related though, so that kinda negates the advantages of it.

its like if they released a PS3 with 1gb of RAM tomorrow - devs could make better games, but then none of the 22 million PS3 owners could play them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (852 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

tehroofisonfire wrote:

they risk alienating the vast majority of their install base if they use it for anything game related though, so that kinda negates the advantages of it.

its like if they released a PS3 with 1gb of RAM tomorrow - devs could make better games, but then none of the 22 million PS3 owners could play them.

Applications, exclusive features, etc.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (840 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

DeathroW22 wrote:

Applications, exclusive features, etc.

even so, youd still be alienating tens of millions of existing PSP owners.

the whole PSP Go is a giant mistake IMO. its based on the fact that now you can download games, but you dont need new hardware to do that - you can do it with the existing PSP. it will turn out to be one of the biggest hardware mistakes this side of the 32x.

which despite being a mistake, was great btw :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Dont forget though, the games will most likley be 50% more expensive than UMD versions.

The PSP Go is a mistake to launch. Dont get me wrong it looks great, but UMD's are region free so if I wanted to play games that were only released in Japan and US (Which is quite a few) I wouldn't be able to.

What Sony should of done was make the PSP Go a PSP 2 platform. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (808 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/06/sce-pspgos-480mhz-clock-speed-references-usb-not-cpu/

"Looks like all that excitement over PSPgo's faster (but likely to be underused) 480MHz processor is all for naught. Our friends at Engadget Japan have gotten in contact with Sony Computer Entertainment and been informed that the Maximum clock frequency mentioned here is for the USB device, not the CPU. All those dreams of hacked firmware to unlock more power? Better hold that thought for now."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

tehroofisonfire wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/06/sce-pspgos-480mhz-clock-speed-references-usb-not-cpu/

"Looks like all that excitement over PSPgo's faster (but likely to be underused) 480MHz processor is all for naught. Our friends at Engadget Japan have gotten in contact with Sony Computer Entertainment and been informed that the Maximum clock frequency mentioned here is for the USB device, not the CPU. All those dreams of hacked firmware to unlock more power? Better hold that thought for now."

actually i heard from GamesMaster that Sony are planning on making it so that gamers who already bought the first three PSP models can download their old PSP games to the PSPGo! Not sure how this would work but it seems like a good idea as it sucks having to repurchase games. Also their souce could have been lost in transluation, that happens a lot as the CPU and USB device could both be the same then again we'll have to see at release but i have to argree with your original post i can't see the PSPGo! selling well, it's the third time sony have done this to their fans and as with the DSi will suck the big one

Though i think this would be a perfect time for microsoft to annoce a handheld, if they did that would have been the biggest E3 annocment "Microsoft going into handheld gaming" also playing games like halo and alan wake on a handheld would be cool and as microsoft is a computering company they could put features on their that sony and nintendo can't. In fact why haven't they made a handheld yet i know this is a sony forum but can anyone obviously say they didn't think "why the hell would i want that when i've already got a PSP" the instant they saw the PSPGo, even you fanboys have to edmit that.

"i hate two types of people, people who don't respect other cultures and the dutch"
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (719 Views)
0 Kudos