[EN] Archive

E3 2009

E3 2009

Level 4

Re: Really, WHO WON E3?

In terms of announcements it was close but I'd go with Sony. Pretty much everything they showed was good and for the most part ecxlusive. Microsoft might have been pleased with grabbing MGS Rising, but it's not an exclusive, same with Rock Band Beatles. Microsoft are struggling with exclusives and the next 12 months will show that.

However I think Sony could learn a thing or two about showmanship from Microsoft. Bringing Ringo and McCartney on stage? Genius. The Microsoft speakers were all very good and confident, whereas some of the Sony speakers were less so. The guy talking about the motion controllers seemed very nervous, even though the technology was exceptional. They have the titles and the technology, they just don't have the showmanship to go with it.

Speaking specifically of Natal and PS3 motion control, arguably the two big announcements from each conference, I think it was telling (and brilliant I might add) that Sony showed theirs off on stage in real time, not a video made earlier. Just how much was Natals video scripted? The proof is always in the playing and by Sony standing on stage showing everyone in real time they proved beyond and doubt that the technology works.

Nintendo were a no show for me this year, which I think just sums up Nintendo's position among real gamers.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 108 (1,368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Barack Obama
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 108 (1,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Bob Ross.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 108 (1,339 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Brave27heart wrote:

Microsoft might have been pleased with grabbing MGS Rising, but it's not an exclusive, same with Rock Band Beatles. Microsoft are struggling with exclusives and the next 12 months will show that.

How so? Microsoft have more exclusives releasing in the second half of this year than Sony do (Forza Motorsport 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 vs Uncharted 2 and MAG), and then also have Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2 and Halo: Reach (among others) confirmed for 2010. Gears of War 3 will also no doubt be a 2010 release, being 2 years since the release of Gears of War 2.

Microsoft easily 'won' the e3 battle, but as someone said - its us multi-console owners who really win. single console owners are the biggest losers.

As for your comment about Natal vs Sonys wands - Microsoft had Natal out on display for all to play with, and it proved beyond any doubt that it not only worked, but that it does things that Sonys motion control could only dream of doing.

Message Edited by SweaterPuppy on 24-06-2009 03:09 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 108 (1,305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

^_^

Good to see that someone is getting more imaginitive with usernames. Those 'Potentialz' names were getting bland, I must admit.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 108 (1,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Actually sony's motion controllers were easily better. Project natel was an improved version of eye toy and as they said in the demo for the motion controllers you need a button to play some games, i found this with eye toy as it just got extremely complicated. I'm not flaming 360 users but if you want to carry on playing hardcore games then you'll reject the idea of project natel as it can only lead to casual games which can only take you down the same path nintendo went down.

Sony's motion controllers on the other hand have been shown to work in the hardcore section of video games as well and with titles like heavy rain, god of war 3, Uncharted 2, A crack in time and the secret title that sony's working on there's a lot of good titles annoced at E3 from sony. Alan Wake is good but dosen't master up to Killzone 2 though Halo O.D.S.T looks like a good game and i'm annoyed they made Splinter Cell: Conviction exclusive to the 360 as i was looking forward to playing that (the 360 belongs to my brother)

But your right the real winners are us people who own more then one console. I can get any game i want as long as i play the 360 games when my brother is at school.

"i hate two types of people, people who don't respect other cultures and the dutch"
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 108 (1,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

the gamers won

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 108 (1,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

SweaterPuppy wrote:

Brave27heart wrote:

Microsoft might have been pleased with grabbing MGS Rising, but it's not an exclusive, same with Rock Band Beatles. Microsoft are struggling with exclusives and the next 12 months will show that.

How so? Microsoft have more exclusives releasing in the second half of this year than Sony do (Forza Motorsport 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 vs Uncharted 2 and MAG), and then also have Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2 and Halo: Reach (among others) confirmed for 2010. Gears of War 3 will also no doubt be a 2010 release, being 2 years since the release of Gears of War 2.

Microsoft easily 'won' the e3 battle, but as someone said - its us multi-console owners who really win. single console owners are the biggest losers.

As for your comment about Natal vs Sonys wands - Microsoft had Natal out on display for all to play with, and it proved beyond any doubt that it not only worked, but that it does things that Sonys motion control could only dream of doing.

Message Edited by SweaterPuppy on 24-06-2009 03:09 AM

are you one of those guys who comes on here from the 360 forums, finds a thread that he can be fan-boyish on and lets all the fan boy rage take over?

oh, and Sony has more PS3 exclusives coming than the 360, Jack Tretton said that they have about 18 excusives lined up.

back to the 360 forums for you!

or at least to do your homework, before you wrongly say something on a public forum :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 108 (1,221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Mattiebo123 wrote:

oh, and Sony has more PS3 exclusives coming than the 360, Jack Tretton said that they have about 18 excusives lined up.

or at least to do your homework, before you wrongly say something on a public forum :smileywink: 

i said nothing wrong.

Yes the PS3 may have 18 exclusives lined up (it was actually 15, but ill let that slide), but what they failed to mention was release dates. remember, back in 2006 people were saying 'killzone 2s coming out soon so that beats microsofts exclusive of 2007, Halo 3'.....but then killzone 2 didnt come out for another 18 months after halo 3, so it was a completely useless argument. i can guarantee you that those 15 exclusives arent all coming out in the next 12 months. in fact, the only ones confirmed for the next 6 months are the ones that i listed - MAG and Uncharted 2 (not counting PS Store/Live Arcade games btw, but if we were then Live would have more anyway).

Microsoft have more CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE exclusives over the next 6 and 12 months than Sony do. this is 100% fact and cannot be disputed.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 108 (1,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

why have you change your account :smileyindifferent:

oh and gamers won, dont care which console, lots of great games coming for both :smileyhappy:

PSN ID : tebroc

XBL gamertag IIXxtebrocxXII

add me if u fancy a game sometime :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 108 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos