09 Rank
Progress

A Newbie's Guide to E3 - Day 2

[ Edited ]
7 Replies 399 Views edited 08-06-2011
07 Jun 2011
By MusterBuster

A Newbie's Guide to E3 - Day 2

Before we start, a small confession. I'm actually writing this half way through day 3, and I'm sat in the most awesome PlayStation room I've ever seen. If this were my living room, I would have achieved all my life goals :D

You'll have to wait for the Day 3 diary to hear more, but for now I'll tease with this:

DSC_0186.jpg

WHAT A BOOKSHELF!

On to day 2.

Waking up to this was sweet:

Room view.jpg

The Expo wasn't open, so Day 2 was all about checking out LA and getting ourselves ready for the Sony Press Conference.

The mob did various things, including checking out the Walk of Fame and eating an epic burger at Mel's Diner. For me though, it was press conference day and, being the absolute gaming addict that I am, I shunned the sights of LA and streamed the Ubisoft (Mr. Caffeine?!), EA and Microsoft conferences onto my TV in the hotel room and tweeted like a mad man. That pretty much swallowed the day and before long, it was time to jump in a "cab" (I can do American, me) and head for the LA Sports Arena.

As a gamer, and a massive PlayStation fan, the conference came close to being the greatest experience of my life.

My followers on twitter will know that I got there a little late, though in true Sony fashion the conference also started late so the only consequence of my lack of punctuality was rubbish seats for the show. Here's the view:

Conf Seat View.jpg

What you might not have seen over the internet was just how huge the place was. I reckon there were at least 3000 people with bums on seats in front of Jack Tretton, and that's a huge underestimate. It's way, way bigger than anything I've seen before and seemed like a big show of confidence from SCEA to grab such a massive venue.

Jack commenced the conference. I'm not going to go into all the news, you've read and seen it already. I did get some pretty awesome pictures though:

conf UC3.jpg

conf R3.jpg

conf Vita.jpg

So, conference concluded it was time to get some gaming done!

In the picture above, you can see the blue banners and screens. As Jack left the stage, drumming came from behind the screens as they lifted upwards - revealing the conference floor littered with games consoles, bars, break dancers, ballerinas, drummers and food! I've got some videos I can upload later, but for now I'll let the pictures do the talking here:

post conf view.jpg

post conf ballet.jpg

post conf R3.jpg

post conf sharpshooter.jpg

post conf R3 ballet.jpg

So, 6 hideously excited gamers in a PlayStation paradise. James Addiction rocking the place dry on the main stage, games everywhere and a free bar. What more could you possibly ask for?

This:

post conf Dylan.jpg

Dylan Jobe, President of LightBox Interactive and creator of Warhawk/Starhawk, showing us how to get to grips with Starhawk itself. I met him, albeit briefly, and exchanged business cards. Highlight of my career without a doubt.

Post conference, we took full advantage of the bar and food then headed back to our hotel. Tomorrow E3 opens in full, and it's going to be a long, awesome day.

Much love,

MB

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Briatore

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Briatore
Accepted Solution
Nicely done MB! I'll expect to see you on the credits for Starhawk ;)
0 Kudos

Re: A Newbie's Guide to E3 - Day 2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

born2destroy

95%
07 Rank
Progress
born2destroy
Accepted Solution
Sounds epic this is something i want to experience as well. Hopeully theres another competition next year :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Looks like a riot.

By the way, if anyone has any requests for MB while he's out there then just reply with them here. Anything you want him to find out, anyone you want him to pester?
Reply away :D
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution
Head over to the Squeenix area and get Final Fantasy details for us? :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

Heh, that's 'Janes Addiction' MB :p

You've just upset one hell of a lot of thirtysomething old grungers like me!!!

All looks sweet, the light out in LA...incredible isn't it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
I'm sure Jack said afterwards in regards to the late start that it was hard cramming 6,000 people into one room on time. Wow!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cedar101

27%
02 Rank
Progress
cedar101
Accepted Solution

Hey Muster Buster,

I hope you're enjoying E3 in LA!!

I saw the comments on Twitter asking the community if we want u to check something out for us?

I am so interested in 2 games this year....obviously Battlefield 3 and Aliens Colonial Marines!!!!

Have u checked them out yet? Are they being shown on the PS3 at all or just PC?

Thanks dude!!

Best regards,

cedar

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel