06 Jun 2012
By: ScootaKuH Member 1,923 Posts
Level 4

Terrible, Terrible Vita Showing

12 Replies 291 Views Created 06-06-2012

Bad show Sony. Bring out a new piece of cutting edge hardware and then completely ignore it at one of the world's biggest expos. More than a little concerning.I also like the way that when I ask questions regarding this and the fact that there's next to no new content for it on PSN every week I get no response. At least you're consistent.

Also, what's with us getting absolutely nothing this week on PSN, not even any trailers? And you wonder why Vita is selling so poorly. It helps to show the thing off!! But I guess this isn't the Sony way.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Terrible, Terrible Vita Showing

[ Edited ]

Was a poor E3 from sony (better than MS but not buy much) but even worse for the Vita.

Having to go looking at 3rd party developers to see what they are doing.

Sony have just about ignored the Vita at E3 and left it for others to do.  Is their budget realy that tight?

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

They pretty much did entirely neglect Vita. It's all very well saying that there were around 25 games on the floor for people to see but that's no good for the likes of us that can't be there to play them! They should have put more emphasis on plugging the Vita as much as they possibly could. It's hardly had the best start in life and it's not looking like it's going to get better any time soon.

Sony I think it's about time you revised that 10 million Vita sales you expect to have by next March because at this rate you're not even going to get half that and if it flops then my faith in PlayStation as a viable and relevant brand will probably be tarnished for a long time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

ScootaKuH wrote:

They pretty much did entirely neglect Vita. It's all very well saying that there were around 25 games on the floor for people to see but that's no good for the likes of us that can't be there to play them! They should have put more emphasis on plugging the Vita as much as they possibly could. It's hardly had the best start in life and it's not looking like it's going to get better any time soon.

Sony I think it's about time you revised that 10 million Vita sales you expect to have by next March because at this rate you're not even going to get half that and if it flops then my faith in PlayStation as a viable and relevant brand will probably be tarnished for a long time.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-General/Anyone-else-disappointed-there-wa... = Sony just seem to be focusing on PS Vita and forgetting PS3 lol

Sony can't win..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I was planning on buying the Vita for AC3:Liberation but it doesn't offer me much to buy it right now. Not sure if Europe get Sly Cooper for Vita but if we do then it will be a boost in the sale of a Vita system....,maybe.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

My poor Vita, tempted to sell mine :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (239 Views)
Level 3

Sooooo Sony say that there will be 60+ new Vita titles by the end of 2012 and that also Calll of Duty and Assassin Creed III are coming to Vita as stand alone titles yet it was a poor show for Vita....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

The-Sea-Trout wrote:

Sooooo Sony say that there will be 60+ new Vita titles by the end of 2012 and that also Calll of Duty and Assassin Creed III are coming to Vita as stand alone titles yet it was a poor show for Vita....

Yes it was as they showed little to nothing.

They could have at least put a hald decent montarge togther for people see.

Sony have already admited it was a poor showing for the Vita as they cut down the shows time.

Just could have been better managed as the Vita is more important than this wonder book which would have been better suited for the Vita than the Ps3

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (225 Views)
Level 3

It makes you wonder how many people work in Sony's marketing department.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (209 Views)
Level 4

pbd2uk wrote:

My poor Vita, tempted to sell mine :smileysad: 

I won't sell mine for the world, I love the thing. I just don't like the way Sony market (or don't, in this case) it. It's had a bad start in life and I want nothing more than for it to succeed and I was hoping that now Sony has a new boss things may start to change, but it appears as though they've learned nothing from PSP.

I'm sure there are a lot of games coming for Vita, it would just be nice if we were told about them....

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (192 Views)