08 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Your reaction to E3

11 Replies 374 Views Created 08-06-2012

Personally:

Crap... Watch Dogs / The Last of Us was all it had going for it...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Your reaction to E3

[ Edited ]

I though it was ok, but then I enjoy E3 regardless of if anything appeals to me or not.

The run up is the best part with all the rumours and leaks. Then its just a few boring conferences which I still find interesting to watch (we cant have it all our own way and if there is hardly any games to announce then you cant expect anything more). Then its just a week of people playing all the latest games on show* and its not all about the 3 main pressers :smileywink:

*Star wars 1313. Beyond. The Last of Us gameplay (was as I expected anyway). Watch Dogs. ZombieU. The Unfinished Swan. God of War: Acension. Far Cry coop. Assassins Creed III has changed my interest in the game especially that awesome sea battle level (hopfully this is the PS3 exclusive DLC). Tomb Raider. ArmA III (even though I'm not a PC gamer I'd love to be able to play it, it looks awesome!). Pikmin 3. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. Medal of Honor Warfighter. Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Dead Space 3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (still a bit unsure as I hate Criterions take on it and their horrid handling model). DUST 514. Dishonored. Wonderbook (:smileyvery-happy: just kidding).

To name a few of my highlights of E3.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think most people have fogotten that next year the new consoles are being annouced, so this is the dying stages of the 360 and PS3. Despite this we have at least three new IPs to look forward to, and games like StarWars 1313 and Tomb Raider really trying to better their branding. It just makes me more exited for E3 2013

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

DiamondRabbit wrote:

I think most people have fogotten that next year the new consoles are being annouced, so this is the dying stages of the 360 and PS3. Despite this we have at least three new IPs to look forward to, and games like StarWars 1313 and Tomb Raider really trying to better their branding. It just makes me more exited for E3 2013

No really (360 maybe as its older and more limited).

The PS3 still has 4 years life cycle left so we will still see some great new games and support well into next generation, even if they do get realeased next year. Which I believe they will as well and it will be a slow start as with any new generation, so I'll be sticking with PS3 for some years to come yet :Thumbs:

The PS2 only stopped being supported from Sony 2 years ago and it still has 3rd party support. The same will go for PS3 up until 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

DiamondRabbit wrote:

Who said they HAVE to announced new consoles next year? There still a few press conference coming this year and some of them are gamescom and TGS etc... They might want to announce it at one of them but still might be a 2013 relic date

try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think that E3 is most likely. GDC is a possibility but I think it might be too soon, definitely too soon for Sonys. Tbh I am half expecting the new xbox to be playable at next year's E3.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

DiamondRabbit wrote:
I think that E3 is most likely. GDC is a possibility but I think it might be too soon, definitely too soon for Sonys. Tbh I am half expecting the new xbox to be playable at next year's E3.

Sony fan base is very strong in eu they announced ps3 slim at gamescom a few years ago so u never know :smileywink: i think they only announced ps1,2and3 at E3 over the years because they was big in usa but now they are not :smileysad: eu has taken that crown :smileyhappy: I think its fair to say that

try my LBP2 BUZZ quiz level: http://lbp.me/v/wx-k51
Message 7 of 12 (299 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I am just peed at Sony for lack of Vita Info  (you knwo Sony this new handheld you have released) and spending way to much time on the Blunder book lol

TBH the 360 is at the end of it's life and never expected much at all but the Vita is brand new.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

I am just peed at Sony for lack of Vita Info  (you knwo Sony this new handheld you have released) and spending way to much time on the Blunder book lol

TBH the 360 is at the end of it's life and never expected much at all but the Vita is brand new.

Is the Vita not as popular in America as it is in EU and Japan? They might be waiting for GDC Gamescom and TGS to announce something for the Vita.

Saying that it makes no sense where its announced at. The whole world is still watching.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Is the Vita not as popular in America as it is in EU and Japan? They might be waiting for GDC Gamescom and TGS to announce something for the Vita.

Saying that it makes no sense where its announced at. The whole world is still watching.

Don't how popular it is in the other countrys

It seems 3rd partys have done sony's job for them at E3

Sony loads on the floor the the Vita but not in the presentation:Confused:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (246 Views)
0 Kudos