Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Ye Olde MGS Pub

[ Edited ]
45,177 Replies 128,415 Views edited 20-01-2012

lol nah im just kidding about. remember how **** it was. but brilliantly ****

p.s i have brought jesus christ back.if you want to see him go to church. if you dont know where church is just go to the place surrounded by old people on sunday
p.p.s its meant to say mgs pub but i added a e so its a naughty word now

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Polysics_2004

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Polysics_2004
Accepted Solution

Hullo all!

Less than 1 month left in Japan now, which I'm not too happy about but nothing I can really do as long as I want to graduate haha.

On the gaming front, I've been playing a lot of Persona 4: The Golden on Vita lately (came out here a few weeks back). Have to say I like it a lot more in portable form, especially makes grinding a lot more tolerable. Happy that I understand most of it too which is always a nice feeling to have.

Kind of sad though that playing at again has made me realise there still hasn't really been a decent JRPG since it came out on PS2 back in 2008 or whenever it was...

0 Kudos

Re: Ye Olde MGS Pub

Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
Resonance of Fate was good, but hard to get into when you first start out.

To be honest, whenever I hear people complain about JRPGs no longer being good; I just feel like they aren't looking hard enough. :p There do need to be more console releases though as the mainstream JRPGs are starting to die out.
0 Kudos

/16

Polysics_2004

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Polysics_2004
Accepted Solution

I was actually really interested in Resonance of Fate until the reviews rolled in and said the story was fairly generic. The combat system looked pretty good, but for me to actually spend all that time playing an RPG, the characters/story have to be good.

That's pretty much why I say there hasn't been a good one since Persona 4, because none of the other recent RPGs have had stories which could be turned into an anime/film (recently happened to Persona 4) and still stand up.

Did hear good things about Xenoblade, but the idea of having to sink 80+ hours into a game these days is a major turn off personally. I am looking forward to Last Story though, Lost Odyssey was decent enough and FF IX was the last Final Fantasy I liked; so I'm hopeful that Sakaguchi can still produce.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

I don't neccessarily think the problem is that there aren't any good JRPGs anymore, I just think from my own perspective atleast they've ultimately changed very little throughout the years, in general. I mean, sure, they each have their own little quirks in the battle systems or leveling up or their own great wee minigames but these are just individual quirks

Now it all depends what's realy classed as JRPG because Demon/Dark Souls and the Yakuza games have been some of my favourites in recent years and technically I'd say both are JRPG. On top of that I reckon I'll realy like Dragons Dogma when I eventually get mt hands on a rented copy and I know that it's trying to be western, but still. 

I think Dragonquest VIII is perhaps finest example of what I consider to be a true JRPG though and I think it's truly fantastic and I wish I was an immortal so that I could justify spending the time to playthrough it all again but therein lies the problem. JRPGs were in their prime when I was a teen, technically in my prime and since then we've drifted apart and with few exceptions it's just a friend I stay interested in but rarely ever actually hang out with.

Having said that though the DS is incredible for JRPGs and I do play alot of them, to check them out realy,  rarely to completion though and mainly on the toilet or the bus so they don't feel like a waste of time,,, cos I suppose I'm just wasting time in those sitations anyway, blah. I'd go as far to say that the DS sits alongside PS1 and PS2 as the best JRPG consoles of all time, so far.

PS - I plan on renting Tales Of Graces F when that hits PS3, always liked that series 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
The DS and PSP are both pretty evenly matched when it comes to JRPGs.

... but yeah, they are a time sink which is one of the reasons that I liked RoF as it included suspension (i.e. temporary save states) so that I didn't have to make a dash for the save point every time I wanted to stop playing.
0 Kudos

/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution

I oreded Tales of Graces F this week as well as Tales of the Abyss which is what I'm playing now.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution

Me and my PS3 have forgotten what other games look like thanks to Dragon's Dogma. I started a new game because I missed the chance to do a quest that I was interested to see the outcome of... then once I did it I realised I had rushed the story and avoided fights to get to the quest so much, that I was now too weak for the monsters... so I've started again and to make sure I don't restart again and get into a habit of it I bought some DLC armour and it says that you lose it should you delete your save. XD

EDIT: all games should have screenshot support, it's cool. lol

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Wretched_Hawk

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wretched_Hawk
Accepted Solution

Hi all,

Some of you may be interested in this:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Fan-Art/SOTM-COMPETITIO-N/td-p/14830821

Flying High!
/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

SolidNinjaSnake

97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolidNinjaSnake
Accepted Solution

Just saying that you know the Metal Gear Solid comics?

Well I finally bought the MGS2 one where it's all in one.

Next I'm planning on getting this.

メタルギアソリッド - Metal Gear Solid

Twitter

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
I've got the hardback versions of both the MGS1 and MGS2 graphic novels. The second is actually pretty good, but you can tell that they had no clue about the whole Liquid's arm thing... heh.

I've also got Ashley Wood's Art of Metal Gear Solid, though I would have preferred a graphic novel adaptation of MGS3. It's a shame that never happened though.
0 Kudos

/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution

Store Update

Nothing for me.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
There is so much to do in Dragon's Dogma I haven't even thought of buying more quests yet, XD
Keep em coming anyway capcom. lol
0 Kudos

/16

Polysics_2004

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Polysics_2004
Accepted Solution

Downloaded Level 5's "Time Travelers" (yes it's spelt that way, god bless Japan) today for the Vita (also available on 3DS/PSP) and I'm happy to say it's really solid! Despite 3DS being its lead platform, it looks really nice although there are moments where the lip-syncing felt a bit off; but they're fairly uncommon.

There was a Back to the Future reference within the first minute so naturally that should put it in any sane person's good books. One of the early bits is set in Shibuya and it's eery just how accurately they recreated it (even though it's meant to be set in 2031.) Not sure who said before when I was talking about Yakuza that reproduced locations are never the same as reality, but I actually knew the exact bridge the guy runs out from and into the scramble crossing area (it's lined with hobos).

I'm fairly doubtful it'll ever get localized though. Probably for the best because so far the game part has been limited to choosing options at certain turning points (which as always it says will influence the story.) and that's pretty much it. In short, unless it had the marketing of Heavy Rain, it would sell about 2 copies I'd guess.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution

Steam Sale time :D

/16

Domino2097

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Domino2097
Accepted Solution

Store Update

Nothing for me

Beta Tester
/16

ravingzombie

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ravingzombie
Accepted Solution

I was going to post earlier but thought I wouldn't steal your job :)

Recording again with the band atm. It's going pretty damn well, got the basis of 8 tracks down (drums, bass, rhythm, synths) With two more tracks to start.

Also, played a bit of a certain Beta with Sickboy earlier. Couldn't say I enjoyed it all to much the first few times I played it, but playing it earlier, it was a good laugh. Could be great fun with matches that are just full of players!  

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MrGarry2u

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrGarry2u
Accepted Solution
I haven't got my code for it yet, or is it just dumped on the store somewhere?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

SurrealNightmare

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SurrealNightmare
Accepted Solution
It should be on the PSN beta site.

Beta Tester
/16

ravingzombie

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ravingzombie
Accepted Solution

Yeah I only found out last week that they don't send the Beta codes in emails now, there's now a beta part to the site where we can get our codes! 

Beta Tester
/16

The_Tenia

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Tenia
Accepted Solution

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Fellow PS Plus people, fancy coop Lara Croft and Saints Row 2 sometime? I gather both are pretty good but far better in coop so I'm holding off on starting them untill someone else does too so how about it?

Nothing else in the store update for me.

Wee bit news though, in a couple weeks I'm moving in with my girlfriend and it may take a wee while to get our internet sorted so there might be a time when you see on your friends list 'Has not signed in for x days' but I will be coming back as we will get it sorted, and it might actually only take a day or two, who knows. So don't go deleting if I have been offline for a wee while :D

Trying to game as often as I can beforehand though, as presumably I will be on a bit less once this happens

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel