60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

EYE PET my review - first day

27 Replies 2,694 Views Created 30-10-2009

Ok so i got the eye pet for my GF, i thought it would be a simple case of plug n play, but after 10 mins of trying to get the camera right where the eye pet isnt running over your body.. still havent achieved this, 

The tutoral at the start says put the camera at knee hight and facing all the way down, how high is knee height, i am 6,6 my GF is 5,6 but then kids are even smaller so how high does it have to be, when mine is at my GF knee height and facing down you need to be so close to the bravia its blinding and the reflection from the tv destroys the image quality.

as for the  image, do not expect a crisp picture like in the trailers, the ps eye is of poor resolution and is grainy... they pet itself is great but the image of yourself on the screen leaves much to be desired, i now have 2 of these crappy lil cameras as i bought one when they first came out and could not buy the pet standalone for some unknown reason..

My GF got tired of the pet not responding to her hand movements on the screen, i thought it was her but also found the pet not respopnsive as it should be, it was very hard to crack the egg as well, you need to move it from side to side but it was just unresponsive and moving in different dirrections to the hand movements. i have played all the other ps eye games and found them more responsive...

i know why they are delaying the release in the us because with the motion controll you wont need to use the magic card hwat needs to stay facing the screen at ALL TIMES, a change in the angle and the on screen toy / tool disapears. i thought this would have bee much better. instead of a card a 3d object should be more visable to the camera. 

i will go home this afternoon and try to get the lighting, camera angle correct but it shouldnt be that hard...i will sort it out over the weekend and see if it gets easier more enjoyable........

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

CLIFFO_83

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CLIFFO_83
Accepted Solution

gavsta72 wrote:

Well all is good, no sore back and no sitting on the floor, cuz it works fine on my coffee table, should try it people !!

Any way the game is alright, it can be a bit fiddly at times, especially holding a drawing up to the camera, it can be very unresponsive, and a real pain to align it perfectly. One thing that sort of gets me is the "lack of depth".......no matter if you move your hand closer or further back from your pet/camera, you can never actually "touch" him, your hand is always behind your pet.

Anyway, there will probably some patches over time to give the little annoyances a tweak :smileyvery-happy: 

Thats good to hear about coffee table coz I'm sick to death of laying on floor and straining my neck 

0 Kudos

Re: EYE PET my review - first day

/16

eM3zis

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eM3zis
Accepted Solution

when i first play'd

EYEPET

i'v reached day 3and the first challenge has been blocked :S then i'v completed day 4
and then day 5 didnt opened :S
maybe theres something that i need to do ?
help i can figure out what it is...

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I think you have to do a mixture of things, for example the first task on day 3 is drawing (i think) and its not locked, you have to go to the drawing menu to do the drawings, same with the singing task. You also have to feed and clean your pet, as well as do the pet reports in pet health. You also have to have done a certain amount of tasks to progress, and need at least a bronze medal for each

What i do is........ do the days challenges, give him a feed ( he'll pull out his bowl when hungry anyway, and you have to feed him till he's full) clean, change of clothes and do a pet report. then i might do some drawings, or sing.......just do a mixture. I also noticed you can't do too much in one day, cuz i played with him heaps one day and a message came up basicly saying "give your pet a rest"

0 Kudos

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio
Beta Tester
/16

Lythinari

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lythinari
Accepted Solution

Whats with the muscles of the pet?

Any idea what that is linked to? 

0 Kudos

O|¯|_ orz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Lythinari wrote:

Whats with the muscles of the pet?

Any idea what that is linked to? 

Exercise, just play with him on the trampoline or something 

0 Kudos

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio
/16

CLIFFO_83

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CLIFFO_83
Accepted Solution
I mainly got it for my little girl and she is nearly 3. I had a go and it isn't as good as I thought it would be, like you said good for a bit of family fun thats about it I'm afraid
0 Kudos

/16
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
karatistpreacher
Accepted Solution

cheers for your reply, yeah the mic on the camera is on, i think its just a trial and error thing, im sure ill sort it out this weekend.. now see mine is more than 40cm that could be the prob, they must mean kids knee height, this annoyes me as i dont have any where that low on my tv cabinet...hmmm might have to rig somthing up, 

cheers for your help 

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel