Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28 (1,957 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: EYE PET my review - first day

Cliffo_83 i dont intend to

i finally got the ps eye at the right height, they should have an option where u want to place the camera like on wii- because i dont have anything on my tv cabinet what is at the height of 30 cm, ive had to blutak the camera to one of the doors on my cabinet....

took a while to get my pet to draw, you do really need a thick black pen, i used a thick red pen to start and the eye pet could draw the picture but this just made the pet draw shapes what were not complete. also the angle of what you need to hold the pic at is a bit of a joke,. once again the quality of the ps eye is shocking and i hope this gets sorted before they release motion detection. havin a hd pet run around on a griany picture isnt any thing like the ads for the pet........

still never the less sony are onto a good thing it just could have been made better maybe thats why theyve delayed in in the US, i would like to see the magic card replaced with somthing 3d what the camera can recognie more clearly and please sony do not release another poor quality camera like this one.... 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28 (1,945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Your camera needs to be 30-60cm, not 30 exactly. As for the "thick black pen" i use a standard texta, i think it just needs dark, prominent lines (i used a biro first and had heaps of trouble) Also your pet doesn't draw perfect pics at first, he gets better at it after a few attempts :smileywink:

I Miss The ANZ Forums :smileysad:...Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28 (1,938 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've found the lines of drawings need to be rather thick, I'm using a regular permanent texta and the eye pet was leaving gaps with that.......so now I double up the lines so they are just that little bit thicker and since then no probs with drawings..

I made a car with 4 wheels and an exhaust, the wheels didnt join up or exhaust.........so there was this car driving around with stuff spinning like mad was a crack up and it even got me the 12 wheeler trophy 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28 (1,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

karatistpreacher wrote:

Cliffo_83 i dont intend to

i finally got the ps eye at the right height, they should have an option where u want to place the camera like on wii- because i dont have anything on my tv cabinet what is at the height of 30 cm, ive had to blutak the camera to one of the doors on my cabinet....

took a while to get my pet to draw, you do really need a thick black pen, i used a thick red pen to start and the eye pet could draw the picture but this just made the pet draw shapes what were not complete. also the angle of what you need to hold the pic at is a bit of a joke,. once again the quality of the ps eye is shocking and i hope this gets sorted before they release motion detection. havin a hd pet run around on a griany picture isnt any thing like the ads for the pet........

still never the less sony are onto a good thing it just could have been made better maybe thats why theyve delayed in in the US, i would like to see the magic card replaced with somthing 3d what the camera can recognie more clearly and please sony do not release another poor quality camera like this one.... 

I found the camera grainy when i first played the game at night, but i remembered reading somewhere that it didn't work well at night under artifical light, so i tried it this morning with the blinds open and heaps of natural light and was amazed how much better it is! 

Having never had a 'virtual pet' before i love the little details. My son and I were playing around with 'Sammy' today and i noticed a couple of flys buzzing around his head. I thought nothing of it but 10 minutes or so later there were more of them and then it clicked...shower time, whoops..!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28 (1,902 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Yeah, i like that little "touch" also, and how he drags his bowl out when he's hungry. He'll also draw on my table, so i'm assuming thats when he wants to draw.

I Miss The ANZ Forums :smileysad:...Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28 (1,887 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Lol up to like day 10, hadn't touched eye pet for awhile, been playing borderlands.

Most difficult thing Ive found to do at the moment is the flowers, I had to wave my

hand back and forward over the flower patches to get them 'picked out'.

O|¯|_ orz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28 (1,876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'm playing an hour or so of this a day at the mo, and have been for a couple of weeks - it's a good, fun collection of minigames, and something a bit different, and the animation on the Eyepet is phenomenal.  Had no trouble with detection or anything the vast majority of the time, although I did set up an extra lamp nearby to help the camera out, as the lighting in our lounge is stronger on one side than the other.  Don't think it'd appeal to the action-shooter gamers so much much, but kids should get into it, as well as oldies that don't mind something a bit different :smileywink:.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28 (1,781 Views)
0 Kudos