06 Aug 2013
By: LordRoss Community Coordinator 19,158 Posts

FIFA 14 or PES 2014

29 Replies 1,652 Views Created 06-08-2013

Time to state your allegiance!

I myself have changed from one to the other quite a few times over the years, to a point where I have now (and I'm sure many people do it too) play FIFA with Pro Evo controls.  Although I play it with R1 being sprint button not R2.  I know it's more uncomfortable but it's what I'm used to.

September is almost here and the new football season is underway or at least for the Championship sidea anyway, which pretty much means a new FIFA and Pro Evo will be incoming shortly.

So what will be your poison this year? If you are switching allegiances from one to the other, why? If not, why not?

Let's try keep this debate civilised. :Winner:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30 (1,652 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: FIFA 14 or PES 2014

[ Edited ]

PES players look like they are on dr@gs. But on PES you can dive. But what about FIFA? Remember that simple diving system. It was good. But still FIFA is better because you have creation centre and you get the ESPN score board. But what about PES? You don't even get licensed teams (Example, London FC, Man Red & Man blue. I would get FIFA.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30 (1,669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

[ Edited ]

Pat2004jr wrote:

PES players look like they are on dr@gs. But on PES you can dive. But what about FIFA? Remember that simple diving system. It was good. But still FIFA is better because you have creation centre and you get the ESPN score board. But what about PES? You don't even get licensed teams (Example, London FC, Man Red & Man blue. I would get FIFA.

there are licenced teams in PES. maybe not all the teams but this is remedied oh so simply by downloading an option file. Licences is not an issue. The editing features are more indepth in PES than in FIFA, and if you consider the ESPN scoreboard a valid point when deciding between pes and fifa, i'd say you and fifa deserve each other...

*edit* and yes, I'm a biased PES fan

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30 (1,619 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I prefer FIFA's style of play. PES has always felt more of an arcade rendition compared to the more simulated FIFA approach to me. Plus, a lot of my friends who i play online with go with FIFA and they aren't "hardcore" gamers so don't really care about features, just the most social one.

I won't pick up 14 until PS4 is out, and since PES isn't on next gen this cycle it's not even an option for me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30 (1,586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

FIFA 14 purely because PES isn't on the PS4 this year, otherwise I would have considered both.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30 (1,577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I use R1 for sprint as well, just easier, Probably pick up FIFA as usual though,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30 (1,559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Fifa 14 as it's the only one available on PS4 and Psvita.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30 (1,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Pes is bad fifa is better because it more simple than pes s complicated ways
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30 (1,539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5