Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The OPC FIFA 13 Pro Club

[ Edited ]
827 Replies 8,053 Views edited 03-12-2013

OPC Pro Club 13 logo.jpg

Welcome to the OPC FIFA 13 Pro Club Thread!

Here you can find out about the PlayStation Community's official Pro Club, chat to its members and even submit an application to join!

What is the OPC Pro Club?

Spoiler

It's a Pro Club in FIFA 13 made up of members of the Official PlayStation Community forums.

Who can join the OPC Pro Club?

Spoiler
Absolutely anyone with a copy of FIFA 13, a PS3 and an Online Virtual Pro. We have no entry requirements - players of all skills are welcome!

How often does the OPC Pro Club play?

Spoiler
The short answer is - whenever more than 3 people are online. Our club typically has a large number of members, so you'll usually find at least 2 or 3 on every night of the week, especially during the first few months after the game comes out.

Does the OPC Pro Club team play in tournaments and competitions?

Spoiler

Not for money or prizes. We do accept challenges and regularly play the other language groups within the PlayStation community (Spain, France, Germany etc) but for the most part, these matches are just for glory.

How do I join the OPC Pro Club?

Spoiler

If you've never been a squad member before, there are 3 things you will need to do in order to join the club:

Spoiler
  1. Read the club rules below
  2. Introduce yourself by making a post in this thread, stating that you agree to the rules and telling us a bit about yourself!
  3. Send a transfer request in FIFA 13 to the OPC Pro Club by visiting Online Modes > Pro Club Seasons in the main menu. You'll need these details to do so:

Club Name: OPC Pro Club
    Abbreviation: OPC

Note that you cannot send a transfer request if you are already a member of a club and that, if you join another club after you have sent your request, we cannot accept it.

Once you've done all of the above, a manager will approve your transfer request and add you as a friend on PSN. The manager will then invite you to our XMB Text Chat Room, which is used by club members to communicate with each other.

If you've been a member of the squad in previous FIFA games, just go ahead and make a transfer request - no need to make a new post!

What are the OPC Pro Club rules?

Spoiler

Our rules are really simple, they're designed to make sure everyone has a great time whilst playing. Please make sure you've read and understood them before applying to join:

• We play as a team.
    This covers anything that goes against "team spirit", including (but not limited to) selfish play, being argumentative, "giving up"/rage quitting or trolling. It also means that whenever there is an opportunity to include more people in a game without incurring a loss - we take it.

• We never back down.
    We don't cower from teams with goalkeepers, or with more players than us. We accept challenges, participate in tournaments and always attempt to make a good name for the club.

• Winning comes first.
    We're always up for a laugh - but for the sanity of all our team mates, winning the game has to come first. As a rule of thumb, 3-0 up means you can go ahead and be daft with the ball. Before that, we work together to win the game.

• Managers lead the team.
    The team makes decisions together. Only when a dispute arises should a manager step in and, when they do, their decision is final and may not be mooted.

It is the job of the managers to interpret and apply these rules where necessary. If any dispute arises, it should be directed to the club founder; MusterBuster.

Who are the club's managers?

Spoiler

MusterBuster (Founder)
Moghal2007 (Manager)
LordRoss (Manager)
MisplacedSock (Manager)

Two manager slots are available and will be awarded to willing, well-mannered and high particpating members of the club a couple of weeks after launch.

I HAVE MOAR QUESTIONS!!!???!

Spoiler
Go ahead and make a post, a member of the squad will respond with an answer!

OPC PRO CLUB PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

There hasn't been a month yet! Check back here to see the Player of the Month on 28th October 2012.

MB

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Gresty79

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gresty79
Accepted Solution

come to the dark side Paul :D

0 Kudos

Re: The OPC FIFA 13 Pro Club

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Ok I traded it :( Couldn't resist the temptation of seeing everyone playing Black Ops and me not :(

You can remove me from the team now :(
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
rip tp
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Paul no!! :(

Sorry about disappearing for those who were playing yesterday. Not long after the clock hit 12am there was a power cut in my area. Spooky stuff :o

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Did you run out screaming and crying thinking it was the end of the world?
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
I did actually get a little concerned and considered if it had something to do with that :D But I calmed down once I could see lights in the distance. It was an interesting moment to see how I operated under the impression that things were about to go downhill :P
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

/16

HarvSFC

75%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HarvSFC
Accepted Solution

Small :Frown:

Hopefully you return one day.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I always end up getting it again lol I just didn't have money to have both and I didn't play club much anymore :(

0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Well, I hope you hate Blops 2 :P
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution

Some decent games past couple days, not going to divulge into the details of our 8-0 loss :D

0 Kudos

/16

MisplacedSock

91%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MisplacedSock
Accepted Solution
My ps3 online died. So iv gotta wait till I get my new one :(
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Congrats to the guys who won another Continental Cup for the OPC yesterday. I jumped in on the final to share the glory :D Some good results, and absolute hammerings were dealt out.
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Award Winner
/16

Moghal2007

• Award Winner
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moghal2007
Accepted Solution
Played in a 7 0 and 8 0 win yesterday, wp people.

Baboriley just add someone in club and they'll invite you to the chat, think there is a side link to active members, can't see as not on computer
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Mog scores the best own goals <3 :P
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Just chucked you an invite to the chat baboriley. Should be able to join once you come online.
0 Kudos

/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution
Already got one, but thanks anyway Paul. My FIFA has now decided it doesn't want to play properly :(
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

95%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

Horrible games yesterday. Really makes you wonder about Fifa sometimes. We would dominate possession and number of shots for every single game we played, but still end up losing due to players not under our control. Seems like the game was intent on not letting us win. We'd take weak shots right in front of the goal and it would sail over the bar somehow from 2 yards out no matter how high our finishing was or how close or far we were to the goal. Even when it seemed impossible to miss. This went on for several games.

Then the icing on the cake, our last game which we needed to win or draw, right at the beginning , Harv got substituted! By who nobody knows. Then when we were trying to get to grips with that and deal with it, IreSniper got substituted. :| But somehow they were still on the field. They both ended up having to any but we still attempted to persevere. Then when we had a pretty good goal scoring chance with a free kick, the screen went black until it was taken so Ireland had no idea where to aim. Of course we lost, and consequently got relegated.

I can take it when we're playing badly, but we were playing really well every game and we could've/would've/should've beat every team we played, but we can't beat Fifa. :|

Was really not impressed with the game last night :Shame:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Property of xLegioNx

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

xLegioNx wrote:

Horrible games yesterday. Really makes you wonder about Fifa sometimes. We would dominate possession and number of shots for every single game we played, but still end up losing due to players not under our control. Seems like the game was intent on not letting us win. We'd take weak shots right in front of the goal and it would sail over the bar somehow from 2 yards out no matter how high our finishing was or how close or far we were to the goal. Even when it seemed impossible to miss. This went on for several games.

Then the icing on the cake, our last game which we needed to win or draw, right at the beginning , Harv got substituted! By who nobody knows. Then when we were trying to get to grips with that and deal with it, IreSniper got substituted. :| But somehow they were still on the field. They both ended up having to any but we still attempted to persevere. Then when we had a pretty good goal scoring chance with a free kick, the screen went black until it was taken so Ireland had no idea where to aim. Of course we lost, and consequently got relegated.

I can take it when we're playing badly, but we were playing really well every game and we could've/would've/should've beat every team we played, but we can't beat Fifa. :|

Was really not impressed with the game last night :Shame:

Something I noticed big time with FIFA 13 is the way the game seems to turns everything against you, from the missed sitters to the winning 1-0 then 10 mins of extra time when the defenders turn dumb and balls bounce of anyone and tackles give the ball straight back to the opponent that seems to stop as soon as the opposition gets a goal.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

*Salutes* Sorry to see you go TP.

Sorry I've been away for a bit guys! If I'm honest, FIFA was annoying the hell out of me with crashes and unfinished games. I went to go and commit self-harm by playing Dark Souls for a couple of months.

Back with a vengeance to give it another shot though - who's up for some club action on Monday night?

MB

0 Kudos

Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

What time we all planning on playing?

After endies? :Lol:

0 Kudos

/16

Alexor1993

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alexor1993
Accepted Solution

hey guys im alex, im 19, i love football and i support chelsea. i also agree to the rules.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel