10 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

Caravan - How to win easily (Fallout : New Vegas)

6 Replies 49,997 Views Created 10-11-2010

Caravan 

Caravan is a card game which is played in Fallout : New Vegas. The aim of the game is to get three piles (or caravans) of 26 before your opponent. Using this technique this can be achieved in as little as Nine moves. You will need to win 30 games to Unlock the silver trophy. 

Playing the Game

Engage in a game of Caravan with the bartender at the Mojave outpost. (that is where i did this)

Build your caravan deck using only 6's, 10's, Jacks, Queens and kings (i think i used around 35 cards)

Playing cards can be purchased from Vendors or found on Enemies spread across the whole Mojave area. These cards can be mixed with the caravan Deck which is obtained early on in the Game. This card combination is essential for this to work so easily.

The Game 

Step 1 - starting the game. place your first three base cards (either a six or a ten)

step 2 - build the caravans.  if you placed a 6 as the base card put a 10 on top of it. (This will total at 16) -if you placed a 10 as the base card put a king next to it. (This will total as 20)

step 3 - finish the game. If your caravan totals 20  place a six. (this will total at 26) - if  the caravan totals 16 place a king next to the ten (this will total at 26)

Jacks, Queens and Kings?

Jacks - Use the Jacks to take points off your opponents caravan. placing the jack on the opponent      caravan removes a card from their pile.

Queens - Use the Queens to effectively skip a turn. By placing a Queen on a caravan totaling 26 it will not add any value. queens can also be used to stall opponents by placing them on the                opposing caravan.

Kings - Use the kings to double a cards value (as seen above) these can also be used on the opposing caravan to "Bust" the opponent by taking their points over 26 

Hope this is useful to somebody. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (49,997 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Caravan - How to win easily (Fallout : New Vegas)

Thanks man! This and the pickpocket 50 people are the only 2 trophies from platinum and I was just going to leave it for a rainy day now I've got Black Ops. But I just might give it a whirl to get it done.

I have loads of games sitting on a platinum that I just haven't got the patience to do (like Bad Company 2 just need 2 more demolition kills but I CBA).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (49,962 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i still need that pickpocket one too. i just thought i would post this as i hate card games and i thought it would be really hard to get that trophy. I have seen other methods posted on the net but nothing as straight-forward as this. Maybe i'm a natural card shark XD

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (49,929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Nice Fallout NV platinum and I owe you a big thanks because I was keen to leave it for a while until I read this earlier so thanks :smileyhappy:

As for the pickpocket trophy I just used stealth boys on her in the Vault 22 hotel on in the strip. She has unlimited beer on her, take one rinse and repeat. She catches you every now and then but I just left, robbed everyone on the strip and then went back until I had done it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (49,922 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Nice one mate.

Nice one mate.

Earlier in the game you may have to improvise with 3's and 5's though, due to the lack of 6 and 10s available to you, but it's not too hard, done it on my new save :smileywink:.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (49,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ooh, thanks fort he tips, I'll be sure to use this later. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (49,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This was the trophy i feared the most, turned out to be the easiest to get, thanks.

I'd rather be a gamer than one of societies drones!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (39,987 Views)
0 Kudos