Playstation Staff

Re: Fallout New Vegas Problems With Game

I have been a Fallout fan since it started in 1997. Started on PC then went to ps2 with Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

When Fallout 3 came out I bought it for my "fat" 80 gb ps3. I had major frame rate drops and many many many total console freeze ups. I really thought FO3 was going to break my ps3. The only way around the freeze ups was to make many saves...game for 10 minutes then save. For some of the game I remember walking around looking at the ground, especially outside, trying not to have the frame rate drop. I also had to shun my friends, turned off announcements, because of the flaw causing the game to freeze and the screen to blur when friends signed in and out of PSN. When the dlc was available I bought all 5. I even bought the GOTY version thinking that it would have answered the flawed original, sadly it didn't.

I trudged through just to get the platinum trophy.

I now have a 320 GB slim. I was very hesitant to buy FONV, but I did anyway :Stupid: . The first few hours were very enjoyable. Then the frame rate drops and freeze ups started. So back to game save, game save, game save etc. Once again the thoughts of a broken ps3 flashed through my mind.I even bought the dlcs. :Stupid:  I stopped playing for 4 months due to the freeze up and frame rate drops. :Frown:

This laggy game is worse than FO3. The many updates have not helped the freezing and frame rate drops. I don't care if a gun has the correct stats or if a script was wrong, the main issue is the very old game engine.  

Someone on another site suggested we complain to Sony since they are the ones selling the dlcs, but it's not Sony's fault. It's Bethesda/Obsidians fault. They need to just take blame for their faulty game and FIX IT!  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23 (812 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's not that bad. I have a 250GB slim and it runs pretty well. Only had a few frame rate drops, and about 2 crashes, and I've had the game for about a month and a half. And the game probably lags because of the engine. It's 3 years old. It;s a good game, and none of the stuff I have witnessed stops the game from being unplayable at all.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23 (790 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

What i thank they need to do is remake Fallout New Vegas with just Bethesda and the ones who made  fall out 3 which does  not have  as many problems as new vegas.The problems im having in new vegas is when entering camp mccarren the game play is sluggish,and acts like it cant read the game i have to either exit the game or shut off my system to get it to work right.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23 (584 Views)
0 Kudos