25 Oct 2010
By: wolffrezer Member 324 Posts
Level 3

Fallout New Vegas Problems With Game

22 Replies 2,138 Views Created 25-10-2010
Hello i just got fallout new vegas today and i'm starting to wonder if Bethesda can really make games anymore fallout 3 limited edition kept on crashing out now fallout new vegas is doing the same thing it crashed had to hold down power button to reset my ps3 then went back on loaded my save game which then my radio was stuck on to one station wouldn't change station or turn of and also the voices from npc's vanished so i went to load game and crashed again are they trying to sabatage everyones ps3's or something are they becoming microsoft i remember the days ps games never needed to be patched is anyone else having similar problems
Mag Beta KZ3 Beta Modnation Beta
My grammar is poop you don't need to tell me YAWNS!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23 (2,138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Fallout New Vegas Problems With Game

You enjoy making sentences dont you? And to do with the original q, its just something you have to get used to, or you could risk downloading the patches that come out.. If you hadnt noticed already though most of have problems soooo.. enjoy :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (2,097 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

yea well thats the only major issue with the game is the freezing issue that so many ppl have comes with the territory either trade it in or play it as it is....

Im a pizza lover so what..... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (2,095 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

bethesda did not make the game they produced it it was developed and manufactured by obsidan which is compe,etly different from fallout 3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (2,092 Views)
0 Kudos

I've got a very unusual problem with Fallout; New Vegas.....SOMEHOW I'VE LOST MY DAMN COMPANIONS!!!.....I "had" both "Veronica" and "ED-E" at on point, then all the sudden "Veronica" is absolutely GONE!!!. She's vanished without a trace. I wasted 5hrs searching for her and she's not in the game PERIOD. This isn't the only problem I've had. "ED-E" vanishes constantly and appears at random. "ED-E" randomly attacks/ kills people for no damn reason. I'm assuming "ED-E" is a "Enclave" machine since he refuses to hold "Brotherhood" power armor for some reason or another. This isn't the first game I've owned/been stupid enough to purchase, by "Bethesda". It's still the same excuses for the same half-***ed garbage. As many have said, "Either put up with it or don't buy the game". Maybe more people, including myself, should select the latter of the two since for  $60 or more the quality of this game barely acceptable. I'm thinking regardless of any complaints, we're all going to see the same results every time. They'll continue to put out half-a**ed games, people will continue to shell out too much money for an inferior quality game and the cycle will repeat it's self for eternity. Honestly, I hope they REALLY FIX THIS GAME...because I'd like to finish it before never buying another "Bethesda" game again. "P.S." never said that I didn't like the hours I've put into the game. I just don't appreciate 3/4 of the hours I've invested into the game consisting of me reseting, seaching for companions who vanish and never come back. Watching companions attack/kill, at random. ETC. Even though I know this will do nothing to change things, I still feel better for venting. lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (1,966 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

you can use your PSN log in details you know, no need to rage behind an alt account.

more game info over random raging waffle would be helpful.

Are you on hardcore mode? if so they could be dead.

have you been to Lucky 38? They could be waiting in the presidential suite for you.

Theres known bugs with ED-E attacking NCR members, mainly at McCarran.

After a certain time (2 - 5 days ingame time) you should get messages pop up that ed-e has returned to primm and Veronica has returned to 188 trading post.
hopefully.

|¬_¬|™
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (1,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

WytcherScmitt wrote:

I've got a very unusual problem with Fallout; New Vegas.....SOMEHOW I'VE LOST MY DAMN COMPANIONS!!!.....I "had" both "Veronica" and "ED-E" at on point, then all the sudden "Veronica" is absolutely GONE!!!. She's vanished without a trace. I wasted 5hrs searching for her and she's not in the game PERIOD. This isn't the only problem I've had. "ED-E" vanishes constantly and appears at random. "ED-E" randomly attacks/ kills people for no damn reason. I'm assuming "ED-E" is a "Enclave" machine since he refuses to hold "Brotherhood" power armor for some reason or another. This isn't the first game I've owned/been stupid enough to purchase, by "Bethesda". It's still the same excuses for the same half-***ed garbage. As many have said, "Either put up with it or don't buy the game". Maybe more people, including myself, should select the latter of the two since for  $60 or more the quality of this game barely acceptable. I'm thinking regardless of any complaints, we're all going to see the same results every time. They'll continue to put out half-a**ed games, people will continue to shell out too much money for an inferior quality game and the cycle will repeat it's self for eternity. Honestly, I hope they REALLY FIX THIS GAME...because I'd like to finish it before never buying another "Bethesda" game again. "P.S." never said that I didn't like the hours I've put into the game. I just don't appreciate 3/4 of the hours I've invested into the game consisting of me reseting, seaching for companions who vanish and never come back. Watching companions attack/kill, at random. ETC. Even though I know this will do nothing to change things, I still feel better for venting. lol.

look at the bottom of these pages for the bugs, maybe you can get your companions back this way? http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Veronica http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/ED-E
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (1,926 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

WytcherScmitt wrote:

As before thsi isn;t bethesda but obsidian so they are to blame this tiem round but the bugs are actually caused by the outdated game engine being used, regardless fo this, if your comapnions dissapear you can fidn them again either by simply fast travelling to a llocation or if this fails go to vault 22 and take the lift to the second level where you will find the companions again. EDE will nto carry any faction clothing regardless fo whose it is so thsi isn;t a bug its simply the way it is as a robot it cznnot wear any factionclothing and can only store clothign that is not affiliated with any faction, if you give clothing to other members you will notice similar issues, they will either wear the clothing if it has a higher d r or will refuse to waer it due to the faction it is affiliated with. As for the EDE being attacked, this is something which shoudl be addressed in furture updates but it apepars that if you have food items on either e.de or rex then npcs will sometimes see this as any other creature in the game and will attack to obtain the food, although will only do so until unconscious and if you fast travel away eded will be back to normal fully workign again, and it doesn;t affect your status with any faction as long as you don;t attack them back

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (1,883 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Off topic... (only slightly)

Obsidian also made Alpha Protocol and that is as buggy as every as well...  (It didn't inspire me with confidence when I heard they were on the dev team for FO: NV)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (1,782 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

wolffrezer wrote:
Hello i just got fallout new vegas today and i'm starting to wonder if Bethesda can really make games anymore fallout 3 limited edition kept on crashing out now fallout new vegas is doing the same thing it crashed had to hold down power button to reset my ps3 then went back on loaded my save game which then my radio was stuck on to one station wouldn't change station or turn of and also the voices from npc's vanished so i went to load game and crashed again are they trying to sabatage everyones ps3's or something are they becoming microsoft i remember the days ps games never needed to be patched is anyone else having similar problems

I tend to agree with this. But I think the same was true of Fallout 3 somewhat. (G.O.A.T. exam etc) Thinking about a bug-less version of NV would definitely be one of the best games of its genre for a long long time. However, when I was recently asked about it the only word that instantly came to mind was "buggy" (as in riddled with bugs, obviously).

It is the only game I own that will repeatedly - although not constantly - cause the console to crash, and the number of times I've had to reload due to conversation trigger not being pulled, or something else similar is almost unacceptable.

The saving grace is the combination of graphic quality; innovative ideas; and a deep and engrossing storyline. Particularly the latter, for me personally - which I'm still working through.

Will I play this game again, when I've finished the first playthrough? In theory, New Vegas is designed to be played through again and again; in practice, I'm reluctant to consider it yet - I am very confident Bethesda\Obsidian\whoever will get their rear-ends into gear and patch much of this up in time (especially now the Xbox Download Content must be finished...but that's a different point entirely...); until I see a few more patches I think I'll prefer thinking fondly of this title on m'shelf rather than having it disrupt my PS3 console... 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (1,702 Views)
0 Kudos