30 Jun 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

New Vegas Revival

[ Edited ]
26 Replies 638 Views edited 30-06-2011

As with its predecessor, I was a little late to the New Vegas party, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion around at the moment, so I was hoping to reignite some talk as I play through the game.

At one point I was scavengi   er... scouting, when I happened to come across a tripwire designed to catch out fools like me. Happily I spotted it, and although I couldn't defuse it from one side, one masterful jump and I was in place; at this point, however, my companion looked at me for a moment, then started towards me through the booby-trapped doorway. I kinda spotted what was gonna happen, but it still didn't save me :smileyvery-happy:

I heard a lot about freezing in New Vegas and this was what put me off initially, but I thought given the price I'd try it anyway, and I'm not regretting it so far. 2 freezes (doubtless it'll increase as the savefile grows) in quite a lot of gameplay.

So, anyone else picked it up recently too?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: New Vegas Revival

Ive recently bought it again on PC mainly as it was on sale but i also missed iut alot :smileyvery-happy: and enjoy it, almost like how i got it on day 1! even though i managed to Speed run this and get to repulic Mission already, Ive mainly been doing stuff that i never did on PS3. exploring side quest ect...

But thoughs Companion Face plam moments when they do as you say happen to many times :smileysad: Gahh its annoying when you try sneaking to do sneak critical and then you see your Companion go all Rambo on you and then ruining your chances!

But here i've got one challenge if you want to spice up you NV gameplay :smileytongue: Why dont you head over to Dead Wind Canvern :smileytongue: though i would recommend bringing you Heavy duty weapons and highly stock up on stimpacks :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (618 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

sp33dking89 wrote:

But thoughs Companion Face plam moments when they do as you say happen to many times :smileysad: Gahh its annoying when you try sneaking to do sneak critical and then you see your Companion go all Rambo on you and then ruining your chances!

Yeah with two companions I've all but given up on stealth, the moment I get close they just start shooting away :smileysad:

sp33dking89 wrote:

But here i've got one challenge if you want to spice up you NV gameplay :smileytongue: Why dont you head over to Dead Wind Canvern :smileytongue: though i would recommend bringing you Heavy duty weapons and highly stock up on stimpacks :smileyvery-happy:

Which direction are we talking about? I recently went Northwest from Goodsprings and took down a load of Cazadors with .50MG Incendiary Rounds, but I'm still nervous about the Deathclaws, they're just so fast!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (610 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Southeast from goodsprings, easiest way to find it is to head east from goodsprings until you reach the train line then follow the train line south until you reach emergency service railyard. Dead wind caverns is E.SE(on your left)  from there. 4 markers should now be visible on your map on the eastern side, the legendary deathclaw awaits you in the third one down:Scared:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

RogerJones947 wrote:

Southeast from goodsprings, easiest way to find it is to head east from goodsprings until you reach the train line then follow the train line south until you reach emergency service railyard. Dead wind caverns is E.SE(on your left)  from there. 4 markers should now be visible on your map on the eastern side, the legendary deathclaw awaits you in the third one down:Scared:

:/ Now I'm worried! I took down a whole load of Deathclaws with the anti-material rifle today, but they're easily the most difficult enemy yet - they're so fast and a couple of swipes and you're vulture food!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Try to get some recruits with you. I don't like wondering the Mojave by myself... am scared. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

If your going to use the anti material rifle, you'll need to take companions with you so they can buy you some time to use the rifle effectively, there are usually 6 deathclaws outside the cave entrance and another dozen inside plus the legendary deathclaw (three times as difficult as normal deathclaws)

However, although difficult to clear the caves may be, the rewards are pretty good, not only the sense of "i am a god" that you get there's also MERCY inside, one of the special weapons available for discovery throughout the game.

Happy hunting :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (562 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Moghal2007 wrote:
Try to get some recruits with you. I don't like wondering the Mojave by myself... am scared. :smileysad:

Yeah I've got Boone and ED-E at the moment - they seem more helpful as distractions than for doing actual damage. That said they're also quite useful for carrying heavy stuff.

RogerJones947 wrote:

If your going to use the anti material rifle, you'll need to take companions with you so they can buy you some time to use the rifle effectively, there are usually 6 deathclaws outside the cave entrance and another dozen inside plus the legendary deathclaw (three times as difficult as normal deathclaws)

However, although difficult to clear the caves may be, the rewards are pretty good, not only the sense of "i am a god" that you get there's also MERCY inside, one of the special weapons available for discovery throughout the game.

Happy hunting :Thumbs:

I've been using the incendiary ammo - the cazadors and deathclaws look so surprised when they suddenly burst into flames :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

chrisa3211 wrote:

RogerJones947 wrote:

:/ Now I'm worried! I took down a whole load of Deathclaws with the anti-material rifle today, but they're easily the most difficult enemy yet - they're so fast and a couple of swipes and you're vulture food!

Not unless you get a FatMan :smileyvery-happy: Though you can kill you self doing this :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

sp33dking89 wrote:

chrisa3211 wrote:

RogerJones947 wrote:

Not unless you get a FatMan :smileyvery-happy: Though you can kill you self doing this :smileytongue:

Yeah I've seen a couple for sale, but I haven't seen a single mini nuke anywhere in the wasteland...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (550 Views)
0 Kudos