14 Mar 2011
By BIGSI01
Playstation Staff

slow freeze or complete crash v 1.04

6 Replies 418 Views Created 14-03-2011

ok had a quick look here and cant find anything about this

bough the DLC  and installed it, ( not played yet as NV is still ongoing )  loaded up the game and found an update to V1.04   DL'd and installed for the last 3 days it keeps crashing or frezzeing and giving slow play, almost like a COD lag issue. it's now a concsant problem   litterly load my game and BAM straight away freeze!!    or i can play for a few hours and ten BAM  i go to enter my pip-boy and it freezes. there is no one point it seams very random

almost like the PS3 is struggling

very strange

i did start to have issues with V1.03  back in Jan but i stopped playing hoping a patch would be out!!

any ideas people?

OLD SKOOL GAMER 34 AND PROUD
Photobuckethttp://www.mygranturismo.net/24914
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: slow freeze or complete crash v 1.04

Sorry not really, I mean all players of NV seem to either experience or know of issues with freezes but I never experienced anything like this when I was playing the game. I think I finished about 2 weeks ago now and whilst I did get freezes it was not on your scale.

Did you happen to notice what size your game save file is ? I managed 3 of the possible endings and a hell of a lot of exploring in my plays and the save was hovering around 10mb ish - on Fallout 3 my issues definitely got worse the larger the file became.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I had the same issues as the OP on my first playthrough. On my 2nd playthrough I had very few issues, similiarly on my 3rd playthrough I didn't have too many freezes.

So your best bet would be to start a new game and hopefully it should run a little smoother
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

cheers guiys will try this

many thanks will report back

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

its .the save .size . the longer .playing the bigger .. the bigger ..more .chance .of crash .. save ..often .!!! ..and .yea 04 is bugged ..trebles .crash .rate
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ok started dead money add-on no crashes etc.. just the files size i causing this

cheers all

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

bitter experience . if just stops take finger off left . if jerks don't just press save .save b4 doors .. as game save gets bigger . more chance of crash
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (175 Views)
0 Kudos