24 Feb 2010

Playstation Staff

Modern Warfare inspired game

4 Replies 1,296 Views Created 24-02-2010

So i thought of an awesome game whilst playing Modern Warfare 2, and it sounds good in my head, it'd be cool to get some thoughts on it;

So basically from playing mirror's edge, need for speed undercover and Modern Warfare, I always thought of an awesome futuristic cross-over that sees a protagonist living in Carbon city, he's a part of the S.A.S, against a large underground terrorist organization, plotting to hack the government system and send Carbon City into a political unrest, and you and a team of highly skilled SAS soldiers battle against these terrorists.

You can create your own main character aswell, including his weapons and kit, you can equip up to 2 pistols on your hips, 1 long rage weapon, and one short range weapon. plus a couple of C4's on your belt and a knife. You can use surroundings as your advantage, such as shooting a rope to drop a large object on a group of enemies. When all guns are unequipped, you can free run and climb places to reach good sniper spots, you can also abseil buildings if you have the correct equipment.

To the end of the game, there's a twist that shows a corrupt government official, that started the terrorist movement, and you must kill him, after he tries to kill you first, have a good punch up with him, you end up using your awesome UFC moves and break his neck, or some awesome death, BUT you find like a document showing the 2 other leaders of the movement and then it leaves it on a cliffhanger for a possible sequel :]

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (1,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Modern Warfare inspired game

well i'm not gonna but this game...you just gave away the ending!!! lol.
Actually i like the idea of a cross over between mirrors edge and a good FPS. i wouldnt have it in carbon city. it lacked any charactor (it was fine when you are moving at 200mph, but not if you were walking).
i like the basic story too. as long as the missions had a bit of depth and not just point and shoot. add a bit of mystery and problem solving.it could be fun
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (1,285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Sounds pretty cool! Mixes things up a bit!
Its certainly has a unique touch to the same old FPS genre, which can get a bit stale after a while.

As I have made rather obvious before:smileytongue:, we should totally have a design competition to have a community game made (or at least have the ideas incorporated) into a fully fledged game made by a 1st party developer.

A game designed by the community for the community. This would be a candidate:smileyhappy:

MB make it happen! lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (1,276 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i think it would be a very fun game, though it would be hard to make!

one problem, however, is the amount of potential glitches and errors it would have, and that's why it would take so long.

But it sounds like a good plot :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (1,241 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I did give away the ending a bit, but it's not final really, i was thinking of a more epic ending.

And not carbon city you're thinking of it was just a random city that came to mind

There would be mystery to the game, point and shoot stuff gets on people's nerves but it keeps them entertained, it's just a bonus that you get to shoot the crap out of people really. But yeah you'd be involved with things like having to prevent an armed raid, or clearing out hostile territory and slowly earn back the city. 

And every so often game developers should open discussions about a community made game, after all, we're the ones playing it so why not give us what we want? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (1,220 Views)
0 Kudos