[EN] Archive

Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction

16 Feb 2010
By: steveeire Member 7072 Posts
Level 3

So what is everyone reading?

87 Replies 1869 Views Created 16-02-2010

I recently read The Final empire (Mistborn book 1)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Empire-Mistborn-Book-One/dp/0575089911/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=...

I thought it was a bit hard to get into at the begining but once you do its very good it has one of the most intresting magic systems i have come across in a book

so what are ye all reading?

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 88 (1,869 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: So what is everyone reading?

I was reading a few Wwilbur Smith books, the latest being 'When the lions feed'. I'm actually trying to write my own book, but my god it's hard. Hopefully we'll get another reply in a month :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 88 (1,790 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/matt+shaw/happy+ever+after/6597450/

Happy Ever After:

A nasty horror story about a man who has kidnapped a woman - bricking them both into a house. He hopes that, if he keeps her there long enough, she will fall in love with him. The story is told through both their eyes and is freaky as hell; like being in the noggin of a serial killer!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 88 (1,732 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

I am currently reading Young Bloods by SImon Scarrow. Its about the younger days of Napoleon and Wellington. A truly fantastic read that changes viewpoint constantly telling both of their lives in parallel from birth.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 88 (1,715 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Angels And Demons by Dan Brown. I have read about half of it before but couldn't be bothered reading anymore so I started over again.

My YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xSpiikey
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 88 (1,703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

steveeire wrote:

I recently read The Final empire (Mistborn book 1)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Empire-Mistborn-Book-One/dp/0575089911/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=...

I thought it was a bit hard to get into at the begining but once you do its very good it has one of the most intresting magic systems i have come across in a book

so what are ye all reading?

I read that series recently.  It was pretty epic  XD

I'm reading Percy Jackson now lol.  I'm not proud of myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 88 (1,695 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

hey all.

im currently reading cormac mccarthy's Blood meridain. Its a really brutal book, really vivid in imagery. set in early 1800's it follows a kid across the texas south american border who joins a group of american 'mercenaries' who are in the market for scalps. its bloody. really bloody. its about the change in some very interesting characters, how they cope with the enviroment, their surroundings etc. its superbly written, if maybe too superbly, theres a few segments i had to re-read, and theres no real singular narrative. especially comnig from reading the road (my fav book) which was majestically simple, but brilliant, this can seem overwhelming at times.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 88 (1,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone

I'm currently reading Pet Semetery by Stephen King. One of the many Stephen King books I own that I've finally worked my way round to reading :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 88 (1,676 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

house of leaves by mark danielewski........

Anyone that hasn't read it, needs to. One of the most terrifiying books ever. One of my friends had to hide it from himself........ ha ha

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 88 (1,669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Hi ya,

I've started reading 'The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larrson. I saw the film a couple of weeks ago so thought I'd read it and other two books.

I have been reading a lot of Kelley Armstrong 'otherworld series' too. 

:-)  highly recommend them all. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 88 (1,652 Views)
0 Kudos