30-05-2012 06:43 PM - edited 30-05-2012 06:45 PM
The time has come ... does your soul still burn?
Welcome to the European Online Tournament for Soul Calibur V! Players from around Europe will get a chance to fight each other on the stage of history once again.
This is how the battles will take place:
All contestants will have to post in this thread stating they want to take part. The Competition is open for entries on 30 May 2012 at 9.00 (BST) and closes for entries on 8 June 2012 at 23.59 (BST) (the “Competition Period”). After the 8th of June players will be randomly selected to fight in couples. The first player to win 3 matches gets promoted to the next round. From then on, they will be quarter and semi finals.
Here is how the battles will take place and how the winner will be decided
- The winner out of each battle should save his/hers replay of the battle for proof purposes if the player is asked to prove he/she won the battle in each round
- Players will be responsible to contact the challenger they were assign to in order to arrange the time and place of the battle.
Prizes are as follows
- 1st Place : Soul Calibur V Collector’s edition version of the game for the PlayStation®3.
- The second place runner up will win a Soul Calibur V t-shirt (XL size)
- Third fourth and fifth place runner up will receive a Soul Calibur V bobble buds of either Ivy or Mitsurugi
- Sixth, seventh and eighth runners up will receive a Soul Calibur V lanyard each, the ninth to fifteenth runners up will receive a Voldo art card.
Below are the Terms and Conditions for this tournament
- The Soul Calibur V (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 16 years or over who are residents of France, Germany, Russia, Spain, UK (“Entrant Countries”) except employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its associated companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
- The Competition is open for entries on 30 May 2012 at 9.00 (BST) and closes for entries on 8 June 2012 at 23.59 (BST) (the “Competition Period”).
- To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
To register for the Competition:
- Go to the English language forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ct-p/cGR (the “Website”);
- Click on the announcement board;
- Click on the Soul Calibur V European Online Tournament thread;
- Sign into their PlayStation®Network Account (PSN Account), or if they don't already have one, use their PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®Vita or PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system to create a PSN Account and then sign-in via the Website;
- Post their PSN Online ID on the Soul Calibur V European Online Tournament thread;
- The Promoter will randomly assign each Entrant with an opponent;
To participate in the tournament:
- Log in to the PSN Account from their PlayStation®3 on the date and time arranged with their assigned opponent in the Soul Calibur V European Online Tournament thread;
- Start the game Soul Calibur V and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to online mode; and
- Contact the opponent they were assigned to in order to commence the battle between them;
How to win:
- The tournament battles will take place between 11 and 29 June;
- The selection of opponents will be random and determined by the Community Team. Pairs will be announced in the relevant thread once the sign-ups are closed on 11 June;
- Entrants will fight each other in pairs. The first to win three battles will proceed to the next round;
- Half the players will already be eliminated before proceeding to the second round. In the second round small groups of 2 players will be formed. The first player in the group to win three battles proceeds to the quarter.
- The quarter, semi and Finals will take place in the same manner as for the second round.
- The winner of each assigned battle should save the replay of the battle on their PlayStation®3 in case of conflicting opinions;
- The winner of each battle is responsible for posting the battle result (winner: PSN ID – loser: PSN ID) on the Soul Calibur V European Online Tournament thread;
- By entering this Competition Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Entrants must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any (i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery, (ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (iii) harassing or defamatory content, (iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others, (v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
- There will be 1 winner and 15 runners up. The winner will win a Soul Calibur V Collector’s edition version of the game for the PlayStation®3 worth £69.99, €87.16, 3,466RUB. The second place runner up will win a Soul Calibur V t-shirt (XL size) worth £15; €18.68, 742.84RUB, third fourth and fifth place runner up will receive a Soul Calibur V bobble buds of either Ivy or Mitsurugi worth £5; €6.23, 247.26RUB sixth, seventh and eighth runners up will receive a Soul Calibur V lanyard each, the ninth to fifteenth runners up will receive a Voldo art card.
- The Community Team will announce the winner and all runners up after the final battles have been completed after 29 June 2012
- Winners will be posted on the Soul Calibur V tournament thread and all players will be contacted via Personal Message (PM) on the PlayStation forums regarding their tournament placing and prize allocation
- In order to claim their prize, the winners will have to send a direct message to English Community Inbox featuring their name, date of birth and postal address.
- The winners will have 30 days to claim their prize.
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the prize to each winner within 30 days of receiving a winner’s details by registered post but does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are sent later than this.
- If the prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven days of receipt, otherwise the prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any).
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each winner’s details will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped SAE marked “Soul Calibur V” to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within 6 weeks of the closing date specified above.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at their sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any prize awarded.
- General Rules apply to this promotion. Please click here to view the General Rules.
- The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum.
For more information on PlayStation®-All-Stars-Battle-Royale click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]