Level 2

Re: Super Street Fighter IV

Well I've put a few hours into the training room and I'm still struggling with the special moves. It's the 'Z' movements I'm stuggling with. Just cannot seem to pull it off consistantly. I only get it once in aound 20 attempts lol.

The learning curve doesn't so much seem like a curve at the moment but more of a sheer cliff face :smileysad:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 109 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

What character did you go? I used to struggle with them too, it's a lot better with my stick though. I usually go the characters which just need quarter circle movements. I've seen a lot of people say that Cody is good for beginners.

You can turn on button input in the training menu options and see where you are going wrong?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 109 (747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I've not really made my desicion yet. I dont think I like the charge(?) characters, where you hold one way then the other. I played with Akuma for a while and then Ken. I don't really wanna play Ken though as I've seen people moan that a lot of folk play Ken. I would like to play someone different.

I'll give Cody a go tonight and see if I can get half a combo going.....who am I trying kid, likes that's gonna happen :Lol:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 109 (739 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Just found this. How amazing is this alt costume?!!

27_blog32.jpg

Dudley as Freddie Mercury FTW!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 109 (735 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If you choose the red alt of that cost it reminds me of a mix between flash gordan and a mattadeur suit. White suit he's in a tank top. If you guy's wanna have a couple of games sometime, just add me on psn.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 109 (722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Lol, I hate the Ken noobs who total own me :smileysad:

I tried Dhalsim today, he seems pretty good but like everyone else, would need a bit of time to get used to. I loved just teleporting about, annoying some Sagat, Yoga Towering over his fireballs. But then he kicked me in the face :smileysad:

Sakura was pretty easy to use when I played as her and had specials similar to Ken and Ryu so not too hard to pull off quickly.
It's good that everyone is unlocked anyway, so you have plenty choice. Hopefully you stick with it. I gave up on SF4 but finding this one much better.

This basic tutorial seems pretty useful :smileyhappy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa4GJQFYM1s
I just love the German guy's voice lol.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 109 (683 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

if any of you guys want to have a couple of games in send me a friend request  I play about with a few of the characters and it we could help each other out in terms of matchups.  

I main ryu, but use others like fei long, gouken and dan (but im trying to learn juri)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 109 (636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

For those who are struggling to do special moves like fireballs and dragon punch rotations all I can say is persevere! It was many a year ago but I was hopeless at the movements  when I started playing Street Fighter. Now? I can barely remember that period, or how I even got the hang of it really, it just happens ( so yeah, I suppose it is a difficulty wall rather than curve...) but it is brilliant once you eventually get to the stage where you can pull of the moves without trouble. I've played with people who didn't touch fighting games 'til they were nearly 20 and now they play at a half-decent level.

Same with 360's for grabs, I could never do them properly. Then around the time of Capcom VS SNK 2 I just got to the stage where I sat myself against the CPU and didn't stop playing until I could do them consistently, now I can do them standing without needing to jump-buffer them and tend to main grapplers in fighting games as a result ( 'mon the Hakan! ).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 109 (620 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I've not really tried Hakan but I love his ultra 2, seen GTBunny do it to someone earlier, it's quality XD

I'm still getting humped by all the jump in and cross-up Ken and Ryus, anyone know what to do against them? I try hit them out the air and they hit me first, I try dashing and tend to go the wrong way or not far enough, I try focusing but they hit more than once so go through the armour. It's doing my head in :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 109 (607 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

My patience is wearing thin. I'm yet to pull off a super combo or an ultra. My special moves are hit and miss. I'm yet to win a single round online. 

I seem to have settled on Sakura, but starting to have a re-think. If anyone wishes to add me for a few easy wins, be my guest. As long as let me get one punch in :smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 109 (599 Views)
0 Kudos