04 Nov 2010
By GtBunny
Playstation Staff

Final Fantasy 10 to be remastered in HD?

18 Replies 2,184 Views Created 04-11-2010

Was just reading thru an article about the latest goss on backwards compatibility when I noticed this little quote hidden in there.

“The industry’s best developers are ReMastering their best games. Prince of Persia, Shadow of Colossus, and ICO are just the beginning. When fans see what Konami’s doing to the Metal Gear series, and what Square’s doing with Final Fantasy, they’re going to be very happy.” 

Of course I guess it could mean 12 (boooo), but if they do mean FF10 then I would be grabbing it straight away!!!

Source

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (2,184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy 10 to be remastered in HD?

This was already posted in PS3GD, and I'll say again, trusting a source like that would be retarded, they don't even mention the Sony reps name.

And beside, if any FF game was to be remade in HD surely it would be VII due to how many fanboys there are of that game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (2,179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I dont think it'd be worth remastering ff10 or any of the ps2 games because they are too recent (and still fresh in peoples memory).

For anything older, it would cost them time and money to remake them.

I reckon the best thing for them to do is release their crystal chronicle games for the ps3 as a collection. (i think there were a few on the gamecube, and now some on the wii?). I've never played them, but they are "final fantasy".

If dreamcast games can be put on psn, then surely square enix can release gamecube games in the same way.......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (2,164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

FFX - yes please :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (2,157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It wouldn't be a full remake, just a bit of upscaling and some added AA. I don't see why it would be so unbelievable of a thing to do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (2,144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GtBunny wrote:

It wouldn't be a full remake, just a bit of upscaling and some added AA. I don't see why it would be so unbelievable of a thing to do.

Indeed. But personally I don't see any point in buying FFX HD or FFXII HD, I already played them and don't see any point in playing them again just because they are in a higher resolution (even though I did enjoy FFXII greatly, FFX not so much).

Remaking the PS1 games would involve a lot more work (textures, models, backgrounds and so on has to be remade), so I wouldn't expect it to happen.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (2,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

uguysgiveup wrote:

I dont think it'd be worth remastering ff10 or any of the ps2 games because they are too recent (and still fresh in peoples memory).

I reckon the best thing for them to do is release their crystal chronicle games for the ps3 as a collection. (i think there were a few on the gamecube, and now some on the wii?). I've never played them, but they are "final fantasy".

If dreamcast games can be put on psn, then surely square enix can release gamecube games in the same way.......

But the Dreamcast was a Sega console and  Sega is no longer selling there console and Gamecube is Nintendo. I don't think all Gamecube games will be on psn unless the game itself is on multi consoles.

Like the Legend of Zelda and Mario are Nintedos people so they wont appear on psn while Sonic the Hedgehog appeared and only appeared on Sega until Sega stoped Selling the console so Sega had to put the blue hedgehog somewere and I don't think they really care were.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (2,103 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Chaos_Martin wrote:

uguysgiveup wrote:

But the Dreamcast was a Sega console and  Sega is no longer selling there console and Gamecube is Nintendo. I don't think all Gamecube games will be on psn unless the game itself is on multi consoles.

Like the Legend of Zelda and Mario are Nintedos people so they wont appear on psn while Sonic the Hedgehog appeared and only appeared on Sega until Sega stoped Selling the console so Sega had to put the blue hedgehog somewere and I don't think they really care were.

Square enix are 3rd party. Not owned by any console maker. (although i'm sure i read that after the ff spirits within movie lost money, sony helped them financially). If mass effect 2 is coming to ps3, and things like metal gear can be put on a variety of consoles, then surely square enix can port what they like? Also, Banjo Kazooie racing was made for the ds, while rare was owned by microsoft.......

The biggest reason is this: FF1-6 were released on ps1 and some on psp aswell....they were originally on nintendo systems! It has been done before.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (2,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

There is no such thing as Banjo Kazooie Racing he was featured in Diddy Kong racing on the N64 and removed from the DS port and features in the 360 version of Sonic and Sega's All Star's Racing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (2,025 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If they did remake FF10 I think my wife would actually divorce me!! tbh the same could be said about 7 and 8 lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (1,995 Views)
0 Kudos