Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy 13 is extremely linear!

[ Edited ]

Never been an FF fan and I don't think ill start now

So it doesn't bother me to much tbh

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 54 (818 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What I found with Final Fantasys is that once you master combat and you get your spells Combat looks so ***** good its such a pleasure getting into a fight, Im sure many of you remember the awesomness of OMNISTRIKE when cloud got his limit break..

The world will open up more later on as there are bound to be secrets, sumons rare spells Ultimate boss fights (we all know the hardest bosses in final fantasy are optional)  not to mention Ultimate Weapons..

I miss the summons from 7 and 8, I really hope they have some awesome summons..

But you dont know how big each of those areas are, Im guessing a lot of it will be story telling introductions to the world, introduction to combat and spells and introduction to teamworking in combat and freezing time, combos etc, and plenty of time to practice them.

If you dont like it dont buy it :smileytongue: wait for FFXIV Online, online MMORPGS by thier nature are a lot less linear.

"Play you like a violin, I did."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 54 (817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Omnislash*

:smileytongue:

But I also love Final Fantasy, FFVII was my first game, and I still to this day play it. I think I know everything about FFVII, but I do stumble upon something new each time I play, I just love those little quirks FF games have in them, and also getting the best weapons in the game.

Frankly, that's what I look forward to most in FFXIII, if they have things like that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 54 (810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

omniSLASH!!! 

And don't ever make that mistake again :smileytongue:

What is the point in having a signature?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 54 (817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Gotta love the way the entire game is classed as "linear" from the first 6-8 hours of gameplay. You guys do realise a Final Fantasy game usually lasts about 4x that length when you're just playing through the story let alone side quests and exploration once they've introduced you to the game right?

If they've stuck to their guns with this FF like they have with most previous FF's you're talking 80-140 hours of game time atleast if you want to do and collect everything to max out a couple of your characters. So by that same sentiment the first 6-8hours being linear? thats ***** good going considering how shoddy and repetitive most games are these days to name but a few Linear yet still highly acclaimed games: Killzone, MGS4 (yes im a huge fan of the series but there was never really anywhere to go but the main story so in essence is still linear, personally I still think this is one of the best games of all time story wise), the Devil May Cry series, Borderlands, Assassins Creed, some of these games are the best of this generation and infact some of the best times ive spent computer gaming in the last 15 years yet lacked alot of variety when it came to their storyline yet theres no way in hell i'll trade 'em in!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 54 (806 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OMG I said Omnistrike instead of Omnislash... that will teach me to write while watching Live at the appolo... 

I will go stand in the corner, if this was a Final Fantasy forum I would have been instantly banned from the forum..

Final Fantasy is still one of the few games that I absolutely must kill everything and obtain everything and do everything, I hate getting 90% through the game to realise i missed something in the opening chapter. 

I still think the materia system was the best magic system in any of the final fantasy series.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 54 (788 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Good news every one!

It appears the linearity of the game is well disguised with clever camera movement. I've checked the video bellow and recognised the part of the map in the image above, and while there is only one direction, you can't guess it!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-crystal-final-fantasy/60150

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 54 (780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

FF X was very linear and still an amazing game so i'm not worried. You people who call yourself FF fans moaning about this seem to be forgetting almost every other FF game ever made was the same. If you want to think this game will suck go ahead it's your loss.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 54 (773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

outside isnt linear, you can go where you want.. play with the snow.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 54 (782 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have yet to see a bad final fantasy, sure some were not up to the standard of 7, but nevertheless everyone has been excellent.

In fact I have yet to see a Square Game that isnt excellent.

Even if the whole game map looked like this i would still buy it and love it.

But as is always the case in FF you get thrown into some plot at the start have a very linear dungeon to warm you up and teach you spend many many hours away from the big bad world.

I cant be the only one thay play xenogears that was a truely awesome game too, I want that on my ps3...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 54 (783 Views)
0 Kudos