Reply
25 Aug 2010
Member
Playstation Staff

Final Fantasy IX Problems

13 Replies 1,245 Views Created 25-08-2010
I'm having issues with running my Playstation copy of Final Fantasy IX. I've done my best to search for information but I've mostly just found bits relating to known problems with Final Fantasy VIII other than a few topics with people in various places mentioning they can't get IX working either. What happens: Disc loads to show Playstation logo then fades to black and freezes. My Setup: PS3 Slim System Software Version: 3.41 Final Fantasy IX: SLES-02965 (PAL) Things I've tried: All 4 discs Using SCART cable to minimise scaling issues. Loading with and without a generated Memory Card. I'm not interested in paying for the PSN version, just trying to work out why my version isn't working. If anyone has any information I would be most grateful. Is there any official word of IX as there seems to have been on VIII? Has anyone got IX working now? If so what PS3/System Version/IX CDs are you using? Any other fixes people know of? It's rather anoying that the emulator doesn't seem to throw out any errors. Anyone got any thoughts?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

download the store version, looks better than the old disc version and runs better

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG BLEARYSTEVEEIRE

STEAM ID: BLEARYSTEVE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

I'll forgive you for not reading my post as it looks like all the formatting was sucked out and I can't even seem to edit it now. I'll try to add a formatted post now, with some added bold just for you.

 

 


Linden_Ryuujin wrote:
I'm having issues with running my Playstation copy of Final Fantasy IX. I've done my best to search for information but I've mostly just found bits relating to known problems with Final Fantasy VIII other than a few topics with people in various places mentioning they can't get IX working either.
What happens:
Disc loads to show Playstation logo then fades to black and freezes.
My Setup:
PS3 Slim
System Software Version: 3.41
Final Fantasy IX: SLES-02965 (PAL)
Things I've tried:
All 4 discs
Using SCART cable to minimise scaling issues.
Loading with and without a generated Memory Card.
I'm not interested in paying for the PSN version, just trying to work out why my version isn't working. If anyone has any information I would be most grateful. Is there any official word of IX as there seems to have been on VIII? Has anyone got IX working now? If so what PS3/System Version/IX CDs are you using? Any other fixes people know of? It's rather anoying that the emulator doesn't seem to throw out any errors.
Anyone got any thoughts?

 

 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

IX should work fine. Have you checked the discs for any scratches?

 

I did check the American backwards compatability site, since I couldn't find an EU one, and it said all issues with backwards compatability of FF IX were fixed way back in System Software V1.9

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

[ Edited ]

There is some slight scratching, but just normal wear and tear, just tested it again (on my PS2 this time) and it works fine. I guess this does mean I can play it still (if I can find a PS1 memory card), but I'm awkward and the fact it doesn't work on my PS3 makes me want to work out why ^_^

 

Edit:

Just found this: http://www.ps3comp.com/psone/Final-Fantasy-IX-SLES-02965.asp so it looks like some people have had it working in the past atleast. Very odd.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,213 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

Hmm, odd, Sadly I have the download version so I can't check if it works.

 

I'll ask some of my friends if they have a disc version I can borrow from them and get back to you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

If you could that would be most appreciated, thanks!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

I playing mine the other day, PAL disc version on fully updated PS3.

 

Sorry to say mine works fine, the only one I ever had problems with was VIII. 



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

[ Edited ]

 


AaronLehd wrote:

I playing mine the other day, PAL disc version on fully updated PS3.

 

Sorry to say mine works fine, the only one I ever had problems with was VIII. 


 

 

Same here. Just checked now and all four discs of VIII and IX work with the exception of last disc of VIII. 

 

Very odd indeed seeing as I have the same disc code as the OP... The only thing I can think of is that your PS3 is a Slim, but that shouldn't affect the software emulation, should it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy IX Problems

 


rymanb wrote:

 


AaronLehd wrote:

I playing mine the other day, PAL disc version on fully updated PS3.

 

Sorry to say mine works fine, the only one I ever had problems with was VIII. 


 

 

Same here. Just checked now and all four discs of VIII and IX work with the exception of last disc of VIII. 

 

Very odd indeed seeing as I have the same disc code as the OP... The only thing I can think of is that your PS3 is a Slim, but that shouldn't affect the software emulation, should it?


 

That was my first thought, but I don't think it would. And if it is why then that's ridiculous. 

 



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,179 Views)
0 Kudos