07 Sep 2013
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Final Fantasy XIV User Macros thread

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 3,524 Views edited 07-09-2013

I've been toying around with the user macros a bit and I found some pretty useful macros when tanking as a Marauder that I thought I'd share with people.

My buff macro that I call "Tank:

/ac "Foresight" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Convalescence" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Thrill of Battle" <me>
/recast "Foresight"
/recast "Bloodbath"
/recast "Convalescence"
/recast "Thrill of Battle"

This combo basically queues up all of my Defensive buff skills and casts them in quick succession when they are available to use. It's actually faster than casting them all individually and it frees up 3 spaces on my hotbar too. The "/ac" part uses an action, the "/wait" part is necessary for queuing up each of these actions and the "/recast" part drops a message in my chat window which tells me how long my cooldown of each skill will last.

My other macro is a lot simpler in comparison and is used to quickly target and build up emnity on an enemy when the party is being ambushed:

/mk "attack1"
/ac "Tomahawk"

Obviously I don't need to use the "/recast" line in this macro because the cooldown for Tomahawk (the Marauder's ranged emnity skill, for Gladiator it is "Shield Lob") is a lot shorter and I don't have to use this skill a lot. The first line of the macro marks the enemy I am currently targeting with the 1 sign and this helps the target focus attention on one enemy for maximum DPS output. The last part of this macro will cast my ranged emnity skill and this will ensure that I immediately have that foes full attention. I don't need to use "/wait" for this macro either because marking with a sign is not considered to be a battle action.

Anyway, sorry about all that waffle, I just wanted to explain what each macro does for the uninitiated out there. These macros are designed for my personal use and are dependant on my skill set and level so they will obviously change or differ depending on your class.

If you have any useful macros that you use for yourself or need help setting up your own then feel free to post away!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (3,524 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Final Fantasy XIV User Macros thread

Very nice,  I'm going to look into this.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (3,510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

yeah i am not 100% sure how these work,is this possible on the PS3?as i thought this was PC kinda territory

If it is

As a GLA,i have a 3 strike offensive when i am in battle

Fast Blade

Savage Blade

Rage Of Halone

(if you use the first one,the second one becomes more powerful when pressed after it than on its own,and if you use 1 and 2 then the third becomes more powerful than used on its own) 

could i change that into one Macro/Button press?

Also,Rage of Halone is a level 26 action,so when i am in lower FATEs where my level gets synced,i am not able to use that...would that then make this new macro useless,or would it still do the first two action moves?

Sorry for the questions,very new to the world of Macros,we did have them in FF11,but we used them just to act like idiots in town or something

FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (3,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The macro will just skip any actions that you can't use when level synced so the you would still perform the first 2 actions. You'd also have to set the wait period to 3 (3 seconds) so your combo would take longer to perform.

If you were going to set up your combo as a macro then it would look something like this:

/ac "Fast Blade"
/wait 3
/ac "Savage Blade"
/wait 3
/ac "Rage of Harlone"

I didn't mention this before, but you can assign any skill image to your macro when you set it to your hotbar. It can also be interrupted if you start another skill during the macro, so watch out.

Edit: also, yes. It it possible to create a macro on the PS3 version. By default you can create them from the 8th hotbar with L2 and Up or from the main menu, system section.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (3,489 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Okay that is damn sweet thanks for this,works great

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (3,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I don't even understand what this is or how to do it :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (3,435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

press start and got to the user macros section in the start menu..i dunno,its over to the right>>> somewhere

select a new macro,and then give it a name and then write those lines of command(obviosuyl your own lines of command for your job)in the space provided

you can select the macro above where you write to give it its own picture,then hotbar it

basically,instead of me going through free blade,savage blade and whatever that last one was,it does all three at a press of a button instead,therefore freeing up space on my hotbar ..i named mine kickass

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (3,419 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Here's a handy Macro that Square Enix support went me to blacklist those annoying RMT tellers:

/blist add <r>

The <r> corresponds to the last person who sent you a tell. When you use this macro you will get the notification window which will confirm whether you want to block that user. You can also substitute the <r> with a user's name in brackets (eg. (/blist add "Spam Alott") to quickly add those shout spammers too.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (3,258 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Ah brackets! That's why I always had to type it in in the page. This will come in very handy. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (3,253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Sorry, I meant quotation marks. Chalk it up to me being a derp!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (3,241 Views)
0 Kudos