03 Dec 2010
By: Drbuckles Member 137 Posts
Level 3

FirstPlay Episode 35

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 734 Views edited 03-12-2010

Hello everyone, sorry it's a bit late this week, i've been on hoilday.

metadata_035

It’s somehow almost Christmas, even though it feels like about a week since I didn’t really get anything I wanted last year (“A whisk! Thanks, darling”) and I haven’t yet filled my amazon wishlist with expensive boxsets I’ll never have time to watch.

But it does mean that FirstPlay is experiencing its first ever December, with episode 35 hitting the store on Wednesday the 1st. The big news this week is that, to celebrate the release of the actually rather good Def Jam Rapstar, we sent Official PlayStation Magazine‘s foolishly game news editor Rachel Weber to become a real rapper under the tutelage of hip hop up-and-comer XO man. See how she got on in our exclusive feature.

2_rachel

We also do our square-jawed damnedest to catch up on all the games of 2010 we’ve not reviewed so far, including Rock Band 3, DJ Hero 2, PDC World Championship Darts (whoo!) and a big slice of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

1_assassin

We also take a look at blockbusting marvel Inception on Blu-ray, show you how we got on with our first hour on Killzone 3‘s multiplayer, countdown our favourite local co-op games (that’s splitscreen and screensharing, rather than supermarket arcades) and talk to developer Ready At Dawn about the making of God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta. Plus we’ve got our regular screenshot galleries, which this week include the latest on inFamous 2 and No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise.

3_killzone3

As always this comes for just 99p, or even less if you buy a 12 week subscription for £8.99. Go on…

We’re always super keen to hear your thoughts and feedback, so if you have anything to say please get in touch: on Twitter at @firstplay_uk, or via email at FirstPlay@futurenet.com. And don’t forget you can sign up for the FirstPlay newsletter at http://www.firstplay.co.uk/register to have regular news and content updates delivered directly.

See the Future of PS3. First.

drbuckles
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (734 Views)
Level 4

Re: FirstPlay Episode 35

Hey guys - I already mentioned this on Facebook and Twitter but just wanted to re-iterate what a good job you've done with this episode. I like the features with the guys (Killzone 3) and Rachel (Def Jam), which is saying something given that I don't even like hip hop that much.

I felt that the whole episode offered a lot more content for only 99p, more so than your past episodes. Plus having skippable adverts are a BIG relief!

Keep up the good work :Thumbs: And also... get on my idea about the guys doing a SingStar Dance feature :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi Fed,

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying the episodes. More so because I made both of those videos. Yeah! Although I think your SingStar Dance idea will only result in us jumping around and looking stupid for your amusement...oh I see.

drbuckles
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (715 Views)
0 Kudos

This episode looks great. Are you still doing free content with every episode, if so can you tell me what you get in it or is that a big suprise. :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Nice to see some shots of Stranger's Wrath too, had to buy a second hand xbox to play it originally, so glad it's comming back to PS!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (695 Views)
0 Kudos